31st January 2011, 11:35 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Default Re: Lateral entry for diploma holders in NIT?

Dear,
You have crack AIEEE exam with good rank.

For geting into NIT's for b.tech you have to score atleast within 50,000 all india rank.
Thanks.
11th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

i am doing diploma in IT (last sem) , I want to do b-tech from 1st year can it is possibe to get admession in 1st year NIT ? Hoping to get reply soon ,its very urgent. please reply.
18th April 2011, 06:41 PM
dinesh lodhi

Default polytechnic diploma information technology

polytechnic diploma information technology
15th May 2011, 10:12 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: Lateral entry for diploma holders in NIT?

ya...you can join in NIT

YOU SHOULD GIVE AIEEE TO JOIN IN THE NIT

AIEEE
all india engineering entrance test
conducted for the admission in preliminary institute called NIT

prepare well... self preparation helps in cracking the exam...

all the best
18th May 2011, 10:52 AM
vamsi.kv1

to get into NIt you should crack AIEEE with a good rank... and you cant join 2nd year directly at any cause.. you can join in 1st year only
22nd May 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi frnz....
I m a 3rd year student of NIT Hamirpur, i hv gone through each and every posts of aspirants. Mostly students are showing their intrest in persuing B.Tech. after diploma in engineering, sounds good. As far as lateral entry in NIT's are concerned, i don't think there is such scheme.To get admission in nits u hv to go through AIEEE, which can't b considered easy for u people. Better u take admission in some state engineering college and save one precious year. For further doubts and queries u can contact me @ [email protected]
24th May 2011, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam,
im doing my diploma in electrical engineering from mumbai,can you please let me know the admission procedure to directly second year in NIIT
6th June 2011, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I APPEARING DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGG. I HOPE I GET GOOD MARKS IN DIPLOMA IWANT TO ADDMISION IN NIT THROUGH
LEET AIEEE PLEASE GIVE PROCUDURE ADOUT THIS
23rd June 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

How many days are left for W.B JEELET 2011 RESULT?
24th June 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Please send me the Syllabus of lateral entry examination . And what is the good percentage in diploma .
19th July 2011, 09:02 PM
abhi789
Banned

not at all you nit's do not consider direct admission you will have to appear in entrance exam aieee
24th July 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

I am B.S.C graduate with a percentage of 60 and i want to pursue b.tech. is there any provision for admission to nit under lateral entry scheme since i have appeared for all three attempts of A.I.E.E.E
25th July 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

hi
sir............... my self ANIL RATHOD I M COMPLITED MY DIPLOMA IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERIG I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN NIT COOLEGE BUT I DONT KNOW PROCEDURE SO PLESE REPLY ME ABOUT ROLES OF NIT COOLEGE
30th July 2011, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i am Nizamudeen from Neyveli. i am doing my diploma in mechanical engineering in sri venkatachalapathy polythenic college and i have 90.2% and 97% in last year(3rd and 4th semester).And i would like to do my engineering in NIT.Whether the entrance exam is based upon only "department question" or "general engineering with department question" will asked? please reply it very soon.
19th August 2011, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

how i can get admission in nit after diploma ,please tell me.if anybody know about this please send me email on my id.
[email protected]
20th August 2011, 09:19 AM
karan636

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi shanker View Post
sir,
i am doing diploma in electronics. i want to do b-tech from NIT. is it possible to get admission in 2nd year in NIT through lateral entry? tell me about the procedure. Hoping to get reply soon ,its very urgent. please reply.
Yes you can apply for Lateral entry in NIT,but for this you have to appear for the Lateral entry test of NIT.But the cut-offs are very high so you must have to study very hard to get admission in NIT.
21st August 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am doing diploma in cse i wanted to do btech through is it possible to take admission in it plz tell me about it
27th August 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

diploma holder can apply for nit and take addmission in 2nd year in engineering.
9th September 2011, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

i want to go in IT industry.i am a 12th passed student.what is the best option for me:= 1)Polytechnic Diploma in IT/Computer sc. OR
2)B.S.C IT. please inform me.
13th September 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to take other subjects,after LET exam..for a civil engg diploma holder? if yes....which are the subjects?
26th September 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
PLEASE TELL ME CAN DIPLOMA HOLDER(APPEARING STUDENT) APPLY FOR BE/B.TECH/AIEEE?
8th October 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing now diploma in plastics mould design technology,so can i get admission in B. tech through lateral entry. please tell about admission procedure and fees
11th October 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

my nme is ramesh kumar i have completed my diploma in eee frm govt. polytechnic nellore with percentage of 65%. can i join in IIT or NIT colleges with lateral entry or i have to study frm first yr onwards.if i can join frm second yr onwards which college/unversity join me and wht type of exam i have to write. plz clarify my doudt.
1st November 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want the previous year uptu lateral entry entrance exam paper. so kindly will you give me the previous year pap
its very urgent
30th November 2011, 10:02 PM
tuntunia

yes offcourse a diploma holder student acn take the admission in secoud year through lateral entry,and if you want to join nit after your diploma course then you have to appear in aieee examination and you should have a good rank in the aieee examination,
and on the basis of your aieee rank you can take admission in NIT.
so be careful and prepare for aieee exam if you want to join NIT.
my wish will be with you.and all the best.
6th January 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am doing diploma in electronics. i want to do b-tech from NIT. is it possible to get admission in 2nd year in NIT through lateral entry? tell me about the procedure. Hoping to get reply soon ,its very urgent. please reply
8th January 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed my diploma in electronics and communication engineering. now i want to study my lateral entry engineering in coimbatore colleges. so i want the minimum cut off marks for engineering in lateral entry for coimbatore colleges. please send the cut off marks list 2011 to my email id [email protected] plzzzzzz......... thank you
14th February 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: Lateral entry for diploma holders in NIT through E-CET?

[QUOTE=ravi shanker;6026]sir,
i am doing diploma in electronics. i want to do b-tech from NIT. is it possible to get admission in 2nd year in NIT through lateral entry? tell me about the procedure. Can i get admission through ECET? Hoping to get reply soon ,its very urgent. please reply.
5th April 2012, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

some r saying i can take admission in nit through lateral entry while others r saying it is not possible..whom should i believe or not?
25th August 2012, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

I complete my diploma i want to join into NIT or IIT it is my dream. if know the then send answer to this mail "[email protected]" pls
9th December 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR ;
HI SIR I AM SARAVANAN I COMPLETED DIPLOMA IN PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING I NEED
LATERAL ENTRY FOR B.TECH CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SEATS AVALIBLE IN NIT TRICHY CAMPUS IF IT AVALIBLE MEANS WHAT IS PROCEDUCE FOR JOIN THE LATERAL ENTRY ENGINEERING IN NIT
20th March 2013, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

sir.......Iam persuing deploma in ECE from GOVT.POLYTECHNIC FOR WOMEN KANDAGHAT DISTT. SOLAN (HP) with total aggregate till now of 71% and want to do btech through correspondence from well recoganised university .kindly suggest me institutes.......thanks in anticipation........regards
20th March 2013, 08:04 PM
subhashrajpurohit

Friend,

If you want to take admission in NIT Colleges and you have Diploma Degree in Engineering then you have to face an entrance examination LEET.

The LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Exam and this is conducted by the state govt examination for admission in B.Tech/B.E program directly in 2nd year.

Eligibility criteria ::-

You must have completed your Diploma from any State Board of Technical Education.
You must have cleared your diploma with minimum 60% marks and you must not have any live backlogs in Diploma.
Your age should not exceed 28 years at the time of admission.

when you Get good Rank in LEET Examination, then counselling Board will Give you Colleges for your Graduation Degree. if you want to take admission in NIT, Then you have to Achieve best rank in LEET Exam.

Best of Luck...........
2nd May 2013, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am doing diploma in Computer engineering. i want to do b-tech from NIT. is it possible to get admission in 2nd year in NIT through lateral entry? tell me about the procedure. Hoping to get reply soon ,its very urgent. please reply.
3rd May 2013, 07:39 PM
santosh-kumar

[QUOTE=subho19;315454]Dear friend,
Yyou can join in 2nd year b.tech if your are a diloma holders so many colleges is there they offer direct admission for diploma holders...
3rd May 2013, 08:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry but you can not do Bachelor of Technology course from National Institutes of Technology. The NITs have no provision to offer lateral entry admission to the diploma holder.

Unfortunately same is the problem with Indian Institutes of Technology. The IITs also do not offer lateral entry admission to the diploma holders. Both these institutes only accept candidates through entrance exam.

Earlier NIT used to select candidates based on AIEEE while IIT-JEE was the entrance exam for the IIT. But from this year, both these exams have been scrapped and replaced by ISEET entrance exam.

If you want lateral entry admission then better apply for admission in some other college. Most government colleges in the state level do offer admission through lateral entry admission.

The private colleges also reserve some 10 to 15 percent seats for the diploma holders to take under the Lateral Entry Admission scheme.

However mainly these seats are offered by both government colleges and private colleges through entrance exam.

Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) is the name of the entrance exam. You will have to score 60 percent marks in diploma course to be eligible for LEET entrance exam.

However LEET is not conducted in all the states. There are other entrance exams as well that even accept candidates with 50 percent marks. Besides some colleges either offer direct admission based on the performance of the candidate or they conduct their own written test to offer the lateral entry seats.
10th September 2013, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Can a student pursuing B. Tech. in one college take transfer to NIT at the 2nd year level(provided he/she has already appeared for AIEEE in the previous year)? If so what's the procedure?
10th September 2013, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Can a student pursuing B. Tech. in one college take transfer to NIT at the 2nd year level(provided he/she has already appeared for AIEEE in the previous year)? If so what's the procedure?
1st May 2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi shanker View Post
sir,
i am doing diploma in electronics. i want to do b-tech from NIT. is it possible to get admission in 2nd year in NIT through lateral entry? tell me about the procedure. Hoping to get reply soon ,its very urgent. please reply.
22 g nit punjab vich mech diplomaa h??? nd othe admsn lain daa ki prossisr aa???
13th July 2014, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
i completed my diploma in mechanical engineering in 1999 and i have 13years work experiance
in private sector. i would like to study B.E . If it is possible to join partime class ,kindly
give suggestion to continue my higher studies.
7th November 2014, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Si, i have shankar bhoi from-Balangir -odisa my quiestion is Diploma holder can apply for NIT,and take admission in lateral entry for B-tech so please tell me NIT DEPARTMEN through massege no-9178905182
8th January 2015, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

M diploma Mech.engg. final year
M phisicaly handicapped
M apply for IIT
13th January 2015, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

sir my self sawan i am doing diplomo in automobile can i write the nit exam and wen will be exam conducted and wat is procedure to apply the exam sir plz reply to my mail [email protected]
30th March 2015, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir
I m appearing diploma in mechanical engineering can i get admission on btech from NIT
7th June 2015, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir i got around 1lakh fifty thousand all india rank.
And 70% in diploma course.
Can i get lateral entry in nit patna
24th June 2015, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

sir
I'm Vivek Rao and I'm in under Other Backward Caste.
I'm appearing on diploma at 5th semester and I'm student of mechanical engineering from ch. bansi lal govt polytechnic college,bhiwani ,(haryana).I'm interested in NIT & IIT. I want get to admission in NIT & IIT. I have already qualify 12th in commerce but my admission in diploma on 10th base.So how are the processor on getting admission in NIT & IIT after completing diploma. and other top government college & university like NIT & IIT are in admission.
so plz plz plz kindly provides me your guidance my future in your hands...

my email id:- [email protected]
my contract no. 919802355842, 919468176407...

plz reply me fast I'm waiting for your reply sir...
12th September 2015, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I done diploma with cse branch
I want to take lateral entry admission in govt. B.tech college in Bihar .
Then what can i do ?
Any exame for take le admission in govt. B.tech college in Bihar
24th September 2015, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am doing diploma in Information technology. i want to do b-tech from NIT. is it possible to get admission in 2nd year in NIT through lateral entry?
tell me about the procedure.
Hoping to get reply soon ,its very urgent. please reply..

[email protected]
26th November 2015, 07:54 PM

Iam anand raj,pursuing diploma final year in mechanical engineering.
I need your help to join NIT college for B.E lateral entry admission.
23rd June 2016, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit04051988 View Post
hi

you don't have to write any exam like aieee,you can directly get an entry to 2nd year in any enginnering college.
for geting in to nit you should have really good marks in your diploma
hope this information helps you
best of luck
sir can i take admission in NIT rourkela through OJEE i want to take admission in mining branch plz ensure me at my maid [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?