8th September 2010, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

hello sir, i have passed 1st semester with one supplementary exam. i want to join indian army. but their condition is "no backlogs". i have to ask that whether passing by supplementary exam is a backlog???
8th September 2010, 03:31 PM
rishicyborg

hello sir i am a mechanical student. i have passed my 1 semester with a supplementary exam. i want to join indian army, but their condition is "no backlogs". i have to ask that whether or not passing by supplementary exam is a backlog??
19th September 2010, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I am 2010 B.tech CSE passout and placed in TCS, but have a re in 7th sem for which i have given the re-appear paper and result is awaited. I also got to know that i have cleared the paper but declaration of result will take sometime. Meanwhile, TCS have asked for our final degree %age and i was only able to submit seven semesters marksheet, so I want to know sir, how will this affect me in anyway and also the date of joining is awaited.

Dated: 19-9-2010
20th September 2010, 11:50 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as you have backlog in first semester so there is no problem if you are able to clear it in 2nd year. but when you are appearing in the campus recruitment then if you have in backlog you will not be able to sit on that recruitment process. so don't get any backlog in third year or from 5th semester. if you get backlog in 5th semester you will not be able to sit on campus recruitment until you clear it on 4th year 7th semester. it will be a very big problem. study carefully surely you will not get any backlog. best wishes.
20th September 2010, 07:49 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
there is no problem related to campus recruitment if you have already cleared these 2 backs. and if you will score good marks in future in 2nd year or 3rd year like 70% or 75% above than it is good . and you are eligible for many companies but you can not apply in few MNCs companies.
and for placement prepare yourself like good communication skill,aptitude test.

all the best
23rd September 2010, 04:05 PM
arvindkumar6373

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiii

Last edited by arvindkumar6373; 8th October 2010 at 07:45 PM.
25th September 2010, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

sir i have 3 year gap b/w senior secondary and graduation can i eligible for companies interviews......
3rd October 2010, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

i have 60.4 % aggregate in my engg including improvement exam. i have bad performance in my second year . do to which i lost a year . but after that i made it a point to move my graph upward. will i be selected in verification round of company like TCS after clearing selection round.or they just honour the first attempt marks?
29th October 2010, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir , can a person is allowed for IES Exam if that person has backlog.
30th October 2010, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am a final year btech student and i have a backlog in the 6th semester? Because of delay in university exams i will be able to clear it only after most of the companies finish their campus recruitment.would you suggest the name of some IT firms which allows students with backlog to appear for placement process?
17th November 2010, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a cse student(b.tech)& got 67% in ssc and 57% in hsc and 7 (avg of all my sems).can u please recommend me which IT companies will allow me to sit for their exams..........
25th November 2010, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I m pursuing a course of engineering from College of Engineering Pune in IT,
i have only one backlog in Mathematics3, but i hav cleared the subject in the next attempt itself,

Can u tell me how this might affect my Placement ?
27th November 2010, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

i have got only 57% in 10th CBSE, 76% in 12th and have 70% in btech, will i be eligible for campus in accenture, pls reply what are their criteria?
29th November 2010, 08:10 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have got only 57% in 10th CBSE, 76% in 12th and have 70% in btech, will i be eligible for campus in accenture, pls reply what are their criteria?

Well I think for campusing they ask for 60% onwards from +2 till graduation/master degree, while for walkin for big or international projects 60% onwards from 10th till graduation/master degree.

However, that always not neccessary because very few looks for 10th result if your 12th and graduate have 60% then there is nothing to worry.

Checkout current job openings at "Accenture" it will provide you proper knowledge in this regard.

National Opening

International Openings

You will find maximum has no issue with 10th aggregate.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
29th November 2010, 09:10 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
I dont know your track record but make sure that try to maintain your track record in increasing or ascending way right from your SSC. If there are ascending and descending, then try to get as much highest % as possible in your present course.

In the case of campus recruitments, I think it will not be that much problem for you. but make sure that you will not have any backlogs in the upcoming semesters.

But it is important that to have good knowledge rather than %. If you have 60% through out your career,that will be enough for you to eligible for placements, but after that whether you get a job or not depends upon your knowledge.

So be clear about all your concepts.

All the best
29th November 2010, 09:24 PM
neethubobby

hey friend.
wel its not a prob if u have a back now,but try to clear them soon and make sure that you don have any backs by the end of third year coz by then placements will start in most of the colleges,n most of the companies will not take people who have any backs.
so make sure you clear all..
don worry
all the best
29th November 2010, 10:39 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i am a student of c.s. branch and i have get two backs in my first semester exam. can i face any problem in campus recruitment. what about my eligibilities for various i.t. companies????
Yes shahi..
For joining in any company they need the candidate to be clear in subject..you can attend exam come to your campus selection but while joining you need to clear it..it is mandatory.....

donot worry, actually before working in company you need to clear it....
29th November 2010, 11:46 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
i am a student of c.s. branch and i have get two backs in my first semester exam. can i face any problem in campus recruitment. what about my eligibilities for various i.t. companies????
well Shahil,

don't think about much if you have good marks or aggregate at present.because IT company or any other company which gonna HIRE you will see the capability and your talent. right!!!
but the thing is if your aggregate are incrementing every year.after your first backlog then they will be impress by seen this.

even one my friend had a backlog but now he's having 71% running aggregate till 3rd year.

it won't hinder you much if you full fill the above sayings.

so best of luck.
30th November 2010, 11:45 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey you need not worry for your backlogs.All you need to do is complete your backlogs before completing your course in B.tech i.e four years of study.

The backlogs will not effect you if you complete it before your fourth year but if you still have the back logs even after completing your degree then companies will reject you from submitting even your resume.

all the best
1st December 2010, 01:46 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
its not a problem at all..try to clear the backlogs before the placements begin..

good luck
2nd December 2010, 11:45 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you can clear the backlog then there is no problem.

as you have backlog in first year so i think you will clear it in second. but if you are unable to clear backlog in second year then you may face problem.

because some company can not give the chance student who have backlog in same paper in consecutive two years. so then you will not be eligible for that type of company.

but do not worry now you have only one time backlog. so next year study carefully on these paper and clear the backlog. then you will face no problem. try not to get any backlog in future. study with concentration.

best wishes.
2nd December 2010, 12:25 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

You will face problem in campusing as compared to students having no backlogs .some leading companies of this field like-Infosys ,Wipro doesn't allow student having backlogs. the matter of relief for you is you have backlogs in first two semesters which are not very important. at last you need atleast 60% to cross the elligibility criteria for these leading companies. so try to clear your backlogs first and try not to face such kind of situation in future otherwise it would be very difficult for you to get job in any company. good luck
2nd December 2010, 12:33 PM
Rajesh_123

Hi,
It will not affect your selection in
campus interview.
Getting low marks in I sem. is
understandable, but see that you
are not repeating it in next year.
Some companies select
candidates even in II year itself.
Be careful about your
performance in further
semestars.
2nd December 2010, 01:52 PM
revanth

Quote:

it is not a problem. the normal eligibility for any i.t. company is that one should not have any current backlogs and the percentage or cgpa required depends on the company as they decide the cutoff based on entries/applications they receive. usually it starts from a minimum of 60%.
2nd December 2010, 03:09 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

You may not face any problem if you have cleared the backlogs before the campus recruitment has started.
Also you must give the recruiters a string reason why you got failed if they asked you.
2nd December 2010, 03:11 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

hi friend
you should have 60% from the 10th and 12th and in Engineering with 2 arrear accepted..
for IT company only general knowledge and aptitude is wanted
2nd December 2010, 09:10 PM
ramakant sharma

look dear if you was having back in first semester and you have already cleared them than there is no more issue of that but if any paper is either in murcy or if you having semester back than there is trouble .

considering percentage criteria for it companies they are seeking for students who are having 60% onwards in 10th 12th and in be/b tech.

note : b tech /be 60 percentage are total sum of al semesters devided by number of semester.

all the best
2nd December 2010, 10:53 PM
Pranjal Srivastav

Post Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Dont worry its not an issue. First semester exam results are not considered for job. But the most important is the final year. If you get backlogs in the final 2 semesters then you may face problem in getting a good job as most companies prefer students with no backs first

So work hard now and try to clear your backs and dont repeat it again as it becomes really hectic if you have some backlogs later

Eligibility in most of the companies is 60% in their final year and some have 65% eligibility. So it depends on which company you talking about
3rd December 2010, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

sir i havehad two years of drop in engineering & my aggregate is about 52%.I am in my third year right now.Am i eligible for placement?
31st December 2010, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

I have failed 1year in my 12th exam
31st December 2010, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

i am in my final yr....my branch is e&tc....i have 2 practical backlogs of 6th sem which i have given now and i know i have easily cleared them...companies will start coming in jan....so am i eligible to sit for the placements as my results for those backlogs will come no earlier than feb' 11....plz help me...i am damn tensed....
9th January 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

sir ..i am placed in cognizant.. and i had a backlog nd i have given the exam of that subject.
nd result is not yet declared and acc to me my joining date wl b in the month of jan of 2011. till that my reslt wl not b out. so can u tell me what can i do in this regard
thnkyou
25th January 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

how to get rid of backlogs in engg ?
26th January 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is SRUTHI and currently i am studying b.tech 2nd year. i had 1 backlog in my 1st year and again i got 2 back logs in my 2-1 semister. my first year percentage is 71%... now my percentage is 56% in 2-1.... i am in dilamma that whether i can complete my backlogs or not.. my future goal is to become a software engineer. can i achieve my goal.please suggest me..waiting for u r early reply
28th January 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

If 1 hv backlog pending.does the coleg give provisional certificate of degree completion
5th February 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

sir i have been selected in syntel inc. as a part if their campus recruitment drive. at the time i gave interview i was clear in my all semesters but now i have back in my 6 sem. which is gonna clear in january approx. and my joining is expected at october appprox. so will i loose the job or retain it.
2nd March 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

sir I am a student of BE 8th sem I am placed in ACCENTURE . and now i got back in 7th sem .will it affect my placement
5th March 2011, 01:37 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
sir I am a student of BE 8th sem I am placed in ACCENTURE . and now i got back in 7th sem .will it affect my placement
hello friend...

Even my friend facing the same problem... Just study hard and clear the back in the last exams which is going to come cause when you enter Accenture for sure they will ask your graduation certificate and if you are going to back by then am sure they wont allow you inside.... so just put some more work for the extra subject you have and clear it before you end the college.... am sure you will...

All the Best...
6th March 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

if the person having suplimentry in three subject in bds second year,is he eligible for being dentist in army?
15th March 2011, 09:16 PM
geethasoyster

Its not a problem
18th March 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

hi....i have 4 subjects for supplementary semester from 1st sem....m in electronics n communication branch...will it affect my placement?...plz reply soon...m very tensed...
19th March 2011, 02:55 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
hi....i have 4 subjects for supplementary semester from 1st sem....m in electronics n communication branch...will it affect my placement?...plz reply soon...m very tensed...

If you are going to clear that 4 subjects in your supplementary exam then there is no problem in your placements..because it wont be considered as backlogs...

-> So work hard and clear the 4 subjects in your coming supplementary exam itself..
28th March 2011, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i had one backlog in first sem but i cleared it during second sem. Now i am in fourth sem eee branch.and till now i did not hav any backlogs. Can i elligible to get job in TCS, TECH MAHINDRA, HCL Plz inform me..sir
29th March 2011, 07:58 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
Sir,i had one backlog in first sem but i cleared it during second sem. Now i am in fourth sem eee branch.and till now i did not hav any backlogs. Can i elligible to get job in TCS, TECH MAHINDRA, HCL Plz inform me..sir
Yes, you are eligible for TCS, Tech Mahindra and HCL because they have the eligibility criteria as no current arrears and TCS even allow students with 2 current arrears to attend.

-> You must have 60 % of above aggregate in 10th, 12th and UG degree for sure to attend these companies.

-> Maximum of 2yrs study gap only allowed for these companies.

-> As you are in 4 th sem, just work hard in your studies and make sure you wont keep arrears again because you have only 2 more sem for placements.

-> Develop your communication and technical skills day by day, and am sure you will be placed in any one of the good companies..

All the Best..
30th March 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is david kumar i have completed b.com 3rd year in 2008 but i had 3 backlog first year one backlog second year 2 backlog and third year 3 backlog in my marksheet but i am preparing for ssc exam staff selection commision sir if i will clear the exam of ssc i will face a problem of interview or not they will select me for ssc job in ssc they are taking graduation from recognised university suggest me
31st March 2011, 08:16 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

yes, you need to clear backlog before appearing for the exam to take job in a good reputed company.
2nd April 2011, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i am a bcom graduate but i have a backlog paper in 2nd year is it effect fo job
4th April 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is rahul i have one problem my final year marksheet i have 3 back in 2009 but i have cleared aa this in 2009 now in this time i am preparing for combined graduate level exam for staff selection commision in i this exam appearing for qualification is degree for recognised university what is this mean and also i will face lot of difficulty is ssc interview or not they will give me job or not i am preparing for tax assistant suggest me i have completed in b.com computer
5th April 2011, 12:57 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi,
Yes, you are eligible for all these companies. You must have above 60 % aggregate in 10th, 12th and undergraduate degree course.A maximum of 2yrs study gap is allowed in these companies. As you are in 4th sem work hard to maintain 60% in all semesters and even start developing good communication as well as technical skill and definately you will get placed.
So keep hardworking and All the Best...
5th April 2011, 05:32 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
Dont worry its not an issue. First semester exam results are not considered for job. But the most important is the final year. If you get backlogs in the final 2 semesters then you may face problem in getting a good job as most companies prefer students with no backs first

So work hard now and try to clear your backs and dont repeat it again as it becomes really hectic if you have some backlogs later

Eligibility in most of the companies is 60% in their final year and some have 65% eligibility. So it depends on which company you talking about
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?