15th December 2010, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

my name is balaji..am a chemical engineer ..am passed out in 2007..nw i am working in dunlop tyres ..i want to be placed in design field..i have done a course in COMPUTATIONAL IN FLUID DYNAMICS Using cfx ansys..how to get job in cfd field...

Related Questions:
  1. Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Best Chemical Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? Salary of Chemical Engineering in Abroad and the fee structure of it in India?
  3. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering in India? Monthly salary after Chemical Engineering? Best company for chemical engineering? Future of Computer and Electronics Engineering?
  4. What will be the career scope for Chemical Engineer in India? What will be the salary offered for a Chemical Engineer?
  5. What is the scope of chemical engineering? What is the minimum salary? List of the chemical companies in India?
  6. What is the future scope of chemical engineering in India?
  7. Scope of Chemical Engineering in India after B.Tech? What is the average salary after B.Tech in India?
  8. Is chemical engineering good?
  9. Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
  10. What is the scope of chemical engineering in india?
  11. Scope of Chemical Engineering course? Which course is good in M.Tech to get good salary? Additional courses to study along with B.Tech?
  12. Can I do masters in chemical engineering after bachelors in mechanical engineering from Canada? -- [New]
  13. What is the scope of Chemical Engineering course in India?
  14. Is there any scope in Astronautics course? What about the salary packages?
  15. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering? What is the monthly income? Future of computer and electronics engineering?
  16. List of jobs in chemical I can apply for in India after completing PG in process engineering from MIT pune and Chemical engineering from Pune university? What's the future prospective for the same?
  17. Scope and placement for Chemical Engineering from NIT Surat? What is the expected salary?
  18. Minimum salary of Chemical Engineering in India? Opportunities in Chemical Engineering? Which is the best field to opt in Chemical Engineering between Petroleum and Pharmaceuticals? Do Chemical Engineering have any opportunities?
15th December 2010, 05:26 AM
Swaminathan077

Smile Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

hello,

scope:

all chemical industries like:

ONGC,GAIL,OIL,REFINERIES,etc........

salary:

starting 25000-80000 depends on qualification

good day
21st December 2010, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

iam complete my bsc and msc in chemistry ,,is mtech in chemical engg..good for me for a perfect job?
28th December 2010, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

iam doing B.E IN PAKISTAN whar is scope in gujrat rpy plz
29th December 2010, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

im doing chemical engg from banasthali univ.... how can i expect my future in this field?. should i do mba or m.tech after this?????
2nd January 2011, 09:02 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,it will better to do chemical engg.from diatm,durgapur,what package i can get after b.tech.
Yes DIATM have a good placement and training facility.
Every year a maximum number of students get good jobs in the best chemical industries.
2nd January 2011, 09:06 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
which is best chemical engineer or a army officer
Both are different ways,no comparison can be made.Chemical engineer is an specialized engineering field and Army is far differ from that.

According to salary at the end of service life more or less same including pay & parks.
3rd January 2011, 05:39 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india

Fields of chemical engg. : petroleum refining, fertilizer technology, processing of food and agricultural products, paints and dyes; recycling metals, glass and plastics; cosmetics, mineral based industries and prevention and control of environmental hazards.

Job package : from at least rs. 20000 per montH

good luck.
6th January 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

HI, Iam class12th stundent and wish to do chemical engineering but there lot of pressure from family ,they think that there not much scope in this field.They want me do computer or electrical engineering ,is true that there is no scope of chemical engineering in India and the salary is quite less? Eagerly waiting for your reply.
8th January 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

why chemical engineers are paid better than most other engineers?
9th January 2011, 01:28 AM
mukul0094
Banned

It is a good branch. i advise you to do the chemical engineering course. you will get the good job in a big company like ONGC, Bharat pertrolium, indian oil etc. you will get minimum rs. 20,000 salary after completing this course. thanking you.
9th January 2011, 10:32 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

This is not exactly you can say,because 10 years ago software engineers get very good package than all engineering field.But as a chemical engineer I can say it has so many scope.And you can make your own place in the chemical industry.

Package for all core field engineers are same,package varies with experience and efficiency.
9th January 2011, 11:13 PM
saswata06

Yes,Chemical engineering has very vast scope.Salary is not the only constraint of a job.So keep studying hard you will definitely achieve your goal.
Best of luck!
9th January 2011, 11:24 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
how many years will it take to complete diploma and degree in chemical field
Polytechnic diploma takes 3 years to complete and B.Tech/BE take 4 years.If you wish to do diploma after 10th,and then B.Tech it will take 6 years to complete.
10th January 2011, 05:53 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
chemical engineering is one of the ever green branches of engineering.

in India many chemical hubs are opening as well as in abroad.

every year chemical , petrochemical companies like HP ,IOCL , TATA CHEMICALS and many more companies are recruiting number of students every year.thank you
11th January 2011, 09:23 PM
tarique2021

i am persuing btech 2nd yr. Chemicaj from AMU.can i do job in NTPC or not?
31st January 2011, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

some people say that there is less scope for the girls in this field ,is this true???
1st February 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

what is the package given by companies like indianoil,bharatpetrolium to chemical engineers.
2nd February 2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am doing my chemical engineering now in bangalore..........so whether dis branch has a good future.......like good salary?.............will it be more useful if we do ME in chemical engineering
14th February 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

hi.. this is k.praveen kumar. i've done my b.tech(chemical engineering). i want to get a job in oil or petroleum industries. how should i get it. presently i've joined as a trainee in production department in a pharmaceutical company. should i learn any courses on oil and petroleum or should i get any pharma experience...?
please give a suggestion to me... my mail id is [email protected]
15th February 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

May I know the oppurtunities for a chemical Engineer in India? I mean in which places and all I can get?
11th March 2011, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

Myself Chemical Engineer(mumbaI UNIV),
Let me tell you people choose the branch by what you state of mind can attain as well as future scenario,
1.Yes Chemical engineering is classical branch without application of chemistry, So anyone highly interested in chemistry dont Ever opt for chemical engineering!!Its a Fact..Better do mSC in chemistry...Coz chemical engg deals with physics ,high level mathematics & High level logical decesions.
2.Usa is the country invent the branch of chemical engg coz they have high reserves of chemical & capital,So From india you are highly talented with chemical engg subjects & have high capital in your family USA is the the heaven for chemical enggs(Provided u have read every subject of chemical engg like a bible !!)
3.Payment for chemical enggs in india is very low equal to sales or marketing person So get ready for slogging...Morever The avergae Start is Rs.12000-15000 (proccesing plants) for freshers after 3 to 4 years experience you will get a very good hike provided you dont leave a company.
4.For people seeking social craze, meeting new ppal,seeing beautiful world,enjoying with high profile party... Then Chemical engg nevers sees this he onlyy sees Machines for whole life !!!
5. Ever thought why after 20 years to 15 years of experience People from chemical engineering leave their jobs and start teaching in colleges or get in to owing private classes???
>>> Because these ppal are fed up of their job seeing machines,chemicals ,pollution,greases alll yaakss stuff so they leave it....!!! its a fact....
6.The dangerous fact is chemical engineering will be in verge of extinction!! after 10 years... As the natural reserves are depleting people are turning to biological waste and genetics for production of bio-chemicals!! So no doubt new branch coming to evole is bio technology...(fact)
7.never go for what people say a I have read thread.. oil & petrols requiring chemical engg high demand???/ Any one know that in petroleum industry about 90% are mechanical enggineeer , 7% electrical enggss and remaning 5-6% chemical enggss that to with more than 20 years experience!!!
An everyone knows petrol are non-renewable so do the jobs for petroleum limited ppal....no expansion... unless you find a new rig in middle east ...
Conclusion is up to to you.... statics here are for real'... Better take a decesion on global scenario .... because life is only once to give it to what is important chemical or the people...
So here is good news If you are chemical engg dont advice anyone to study chemical engg in future.....
14th March 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

what is most necessary to become a chemical engineer
27th March 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th board exam in tamil nadu. i am to choose chemical engineering. i want to know about its scope, employment and salary.
6th April 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

i, ve completed my MSc In chemistry i am choose chemical engineering . i want to know about its scope , employment and salary.
13th April 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

how many seets are in this branch
13th April 2011, 09:22 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

There is lots of scope in chemical engg. These days lots of students are opting for it after the sudden boom in this field.

There is a myth that if you do chemical engg then you will fill petrols. This is just a joke but the truth is that chemical engg get awesome salaries. Take a case of a guy who did chemical engg from NIT and then went abroad to study and so today he is earning 45 lakhs a year.

In india the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon

So if you have interest in this field then go for it there is lots of scope in it
thanks
15th April 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

What is the highest salary of a chemical engineer?
19th April 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I am a chemical engineer with 2year experiance in this field.After completing be or btech degree better to go for master degree in this field . That is to go for mtech in safety,petroleum,pdc,design..etc or to go abrode for ms studies. The very best job in chemical engineering field is to become a scientific officer in barc like reserch centers...or to become ex-engineers in various public sector pertoleum n natural gas companies like Ongc,Hpcl,Gail,Bpcl,..etc or to go in various metalargical field like sail or nuclear power production like npcil.. Other options to work in these companies and to go abroad to earn more with the experience... Other industry like fertilizer manufacturing,chemical manufacturing,water treatment plant designs company,chemical plant design company,pharma companies,refinary products manufacturing companies..and many more had a good opertunity for a chemical enginees...
But as a chemical engineer he had to work in shift shedule ie to work min 8 hr.. In a 24 hr working company.. And the tension and work load is more for him... Working in a automated plant( ie with dcs,plc like systems) should reduce the work load of a chemical engineer..bcoz he can do the work from a single room by monitaring and controling the control systems. Almost all cöntineous operatiön plants have automated systems,so better to search for jobs in these type of contineous plants... In case of batch manufacturing companies like pharma field jobs a little bit tensed and load is high since it is a batch manufacturing one.So better to go in contineous field. Another better option to gain mtech frm iitz or nit and to go for assnt profeser lecture post in various engg colleges and gain salary about 40,000per month as starting.
28th April 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Dear,sir
I just passed my 10th exam and I have interest in chemical engenearing I live in Nagpur, Maharashtra so which college should I prefer?
sir, regarding above info I get that 20,000 to 50,000 salary is quite unsatisfactory for me please give info regarding it also
28th April 2011, 12:53 PM
chintu009

Dear sir,
I had just pass my 10th board examination and I have interest in making my career in chemical engenearing I am living in Nagpur so which callege should I prefer?
sir, regarding above info about salary in this field it is quite un satisfactory for me please tell me about this also.
2nd May 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

I want to do chemical engineering . Please tell me the colleges and that too having good job placement.
5th May 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohan4 View Post
HI
Chemical Eng. have great scope today .you can get jobs in medical field,chemical companies,.
i m last year student of chemical engg. From mumbai university what can i do for getting a good job?
9th May 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

can anybody tell me the future of chemical engineers in sales and marketing field in india
11th May 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

hi i'm doing chemical engg in annauniversity chennai, whether it is good to do M.tech or MBA? how should i prepare myself for the campus interview to get placed in core industries?
11th May 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

wat is d cut off for chemical engineering
12th May 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

what is better - chemical engineering or electrical and communication engineering - in terms of better prospects and slalary packages....
........?????????plz ans as soon as possible......... plzzzzzzzzzzz.......................
15th May 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i have a plan to take chemical engineering in chennai...i've got good cut off and i might get into a reputed college...but is that branch very tough to study???what bout the salary??...is it good..?? and what bout the placement...??
what if i get into a software company and work for a completely diffrent branch...??sent me ur advise to [email protected]
23rd May 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my intermediate with 97.1% from Hyderabad. It is the time to go to engineering. I am so much interested in chemistry. And i want to opt chemical engineering and i want to go to LAB or Research field but i heard that compared to other branches it doesn't have that much boom and the salaries in india are low.
Due to that i am in dilemma to opt for chemical engineering or not. Please guide and help out. Reply soon. I am eagerly waiting for your reply. I should make a decision with your reply. Or mail me to my mail id [email protected]..................
24th May 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Hey, i m getting 296 in BITSAT-2011, most probably will get chemical in BITS pilani, GOA campus.....
I am also getting around CSE at NIT-Rourkela... Which one to choose?????????????
26th May 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

sir
i wish to take chemical engineering in iit-d.kindly help me with information about placement packages offered.
29th May 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

in how much year i will be a chemical engeneer
30th May 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

will i get any job opportunity after doing chemical science and technology at IIT guwahati? if i get, what type of jobs will i get and with how much salary? plz rply....
31st May 2011, 03:28 PM
Rinesh Nayar

having a combination of btech in civil engineering and mba is better or chemical engineering and mba for a better job opportunity....!!!!!!!
6th June 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

i am going to study chemical engineering(B.Tech) in NIT ,Tiruchirapalli. What are my options after doing this.....
9th June 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

how much salary do we get
12th June 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope for girls in chemical engineering?
13th June 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

hiii,,,plz help me in opting stream,,,
my counceling is after 15 days... and i am going to take chemical engg,, in dcet (chandigarh)
is that this is good platform for me because i got gud rank in aieee
what pakage am expect fron dcet ( also known as uicet)
14th June 2011, 09:22 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

There is lots of scope in chemical engg. These days lots of students are opting for it after the sudden boom in this field.

There is a myth that if you do chemical engg then you will fill petrols. This is just a joke but the truth is that chemical engg get awesome salaries. Take a case of a guy who did chemical engg from NIT and then went abroad to study and so today he is earning 45 lakhs a year.

In india the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon

So if you have interest in this field then go for it there is lots of scope in it
Thanks
15th June 2011, 08:42 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?