24th August 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

hi i am doing m.tech in petroleum refining and petrochemicals at ANNA UNIVERSITY ACT CAMPUS CHENNAI, i have done my b.tech chemical engineering from anna university. what are the job scope for me in india

Related Questions:
  1. Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Best Chemical Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? Salary of Chemical Engineering in Abroad and the fee structure of it in India?
  3. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering in India? Monthly salary after Chemical Engineering? Best company for chemical engineering? Future of Computer and Electronics Engineering?
  4. What will be the career scope for Chemical Engineer in India? What will be the salary offered for a Chemical Engineer?
  5. What is the scope of chemical engineering? What is the minimum salary? List of the chemical companies in India?
  6. What is the future scope of chemical engineering in India?
  7. Scope of Chemical Engineering in India after B.Tech? What is the average salary after B.Tech in India?
  8. Is chemical engineering good?
  9. Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
  10. What is the scope of chemical engineering in india?
  11. Scope of Chemical Engineering course? Which course is good in M.Tech to get good salary? Additional courses to study along with B.Tech?
  12. Can I do masters in chemical engineering after bachelors in mechanical engineering from Canada? -- [New]
  13. What is the scope of Chemical Engineering course in India?
  14. Is there any scope in Astronautics course? What about the salary packages?
  15. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering? What is the monthly income? Future of computer and electronics engineering?
  16. List of jobs in chemical I can apply for in India after completing PG in process engineering from MIT pune and Chemical engineering from Pune university? What's the future prospective for the same?
  17. Scope and placement for Chemical Engineering from NIT Surat? What is the expected salary?
  18. Minimum salary of Chemical Engineering in India? Opportunities in Chemical Engineering? Which is the best field to opt in Chemical Engineering between Petroleum and Pharmaceuticals? Do Chemical Engineering have any opportunities?
27th August 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Scope of chemical engineering in Defence?
28th August 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

me doing chemical engg. from AMU. Is this branch better than electronics or computer in terms of placement and packages??????
5th September 2011, 09:01 PM
malek basit

hello All member

Subject: help me

is their any scope of chemical engineering in india?
what is the salary of fresh chemical engineeer?
chemical engineering from HINDUSTAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE a good option?
19th September 2011, 03:18 AM
Unregistered

I m doing chemical emgg from sliet.refer any comment?or give some advise.after doing b tech shall i go for higher study or not?
10th October 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

well i am not very much in chemicals but i think i will get a handsome salry so if i am write i will do it cause many is ultimate
17th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

sir,
Please detail me about job salery & compeny for chemical engg.
I m studing niet collage mtu university gr.noida
Sachin kumar,,,,,b.tech 2 year che
18th October 2011, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

what the highest package of chemical eng in nit warangal and what's the % of placement?
21st October 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

There are companies like hul, hls asia, samsung heavy, bg group, schulmberger,etc offering 10lacks to 40 lacs package.
8th November 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FROM GMRIT, RAJAM.I WILL BE RELEAVED IN THE YEAR 2014.
HOW MUCH SALARY CAN I EXPECT AFTER COMPLETING MY B.TECH?
CAN I EXPECT BETTER SALARY?
IF SO, HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT?
13th November 2011, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=drdo99;119441]united fertilizers,sail,are good companies of chemical engg.
you can also apply through upsc.[/QUOTE

Hi Sir,
I am working with drdo.. I don't feel there is any scope here.. I want to change my field.. I'm 2008 passed out chemical engineer from NIT.. But, feeling like nowhere in this company... regarding experience..
Please suggest what I can do now...
29th November 2011, 08:54 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

There is lots of scope in chemical engg. These days lots of students are opting for it after the sudden boom in this field.

There is a myth that if you do chemical engg then you will fill petrols. This is just a joke but the truth is that chemical engg get awesome salaries. Take a case of a guy who did chemical engg from NIT and then went abroad to study and so today he is earning 45 lakhs a year.

In india the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon
2nd December 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i am chemical engineer and worked in titanium di oxide production plant after a year and half i resigned my job for family reasons ,now for more than 1 yr i didnt get a job. what should i do?? shall i pursue a short term course ?? wat course should i study?? r how can i get a job??
give some ideas brothers and sisters...
3rd December 2011, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

what is salery of chemical engg. in india ......... i m doing b.tech from nit raipur ...
9th December 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

sir
I am having be from MIT PUNE IN POLYMER ENGG.
What are its scope in india?
What should i do after that..?
Which are polymer companies?
How much package is expected to get.,?
15th December 2011, 03:33 PM
Pratik Agrawal Jalna

Smile Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

Hello

see the job opportunities for chemical engineers are on a large scale.

If ur a citizen of maharashtra the u should apply in the areas near to mumbai or nagar for chemical factories or plastic raw industries .

U can also try areas near to Aurangabad the famous seeds company requires the most efficient chemical engineers

there are also many other companies in banglore and chennai

as i am a citizen of maharashtra so i know only of maharashtra .

Pratik Agrawal.
17th December 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

what is a work of chemical engg. in industry???/
8th January 2012, 05:15 AM
Unregistered

sir
i am student of NIT AGARTALA. Study CHE so what are scope
11th January 2012, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

m in 12th.....n m from maharashtra ....i hv an interest in chemical engineering.....soo what shud i do for getting best clg for engineering??? n how many marks shud i score in 12th??
15th January 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11th std. from maharastra.i want to do chemcical engineering.from where can i get experience to learn something about chemical engineering?......please give some names of institutes who train students for chemical engineering......
18th January 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FROM BITS PILANI , WHAT PACKAGE I CAN GET AFTER B TECH?
21st January 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am praveen a chemical engineer passed in 2010.now have 1.6 year expriens in pharmacy production.my percent is58%.there now future in pharmacy production.so plz give some advice for my future.
Plz mail me at [email protected].
31st January 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

hi.m persuing chemical engg frm bit meerut (uptu) .what wl be my salary after btec?
Is salary packages in pharmaceutical company low?plz suggest some pharma compinies where i cn get a job
5th February 2012, 08:35 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Scope and job prospects:

Chemical engineers are expected to have employment growth of 8 percent over the projections decade, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Although overall employment in the chemical manufacturing industry is expected to decline, chemical companies will continue to research and develop new chemicals and more efficient processes to increase output of existing chemicals.

Among manufacturing industries, pharmaceuticals may provide the best opportunities for jobseekers. However, most employment growth for chemical engineers will be in service-providing industries such as professional, scientific, and technical services, particularly for research in energy and the developing fields of biotechnology and nanotechnology.

PayScale:

Due to rapid industrialisation, chemical engineers have gained a position among the top money makers. The earnings depend on the industries employing chemical engineers such as Central or State government departments or private concerns.

Working experience, qualifications, ability are important factors in determining the pay level. Those who are working in the private sector are well paid.

Fresher’s can get a starting salary of Rs. 10000 to Rs. 12000 per month. In the government sector, the salary range of diploma holders is Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 9,000 per month. Lecturers in colleges get a starting salary of Rs 12,000-Rs 13,000 a month. With more experience or as an established independent consultant one could earn more.

Senior engineers can earn anywhere in between Rs 30,000 and Rs 50,000 a month. Those at management levels can earn up to Rs 60,000 or even more.
7th February 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

which salary i get if i do mtech in iits.which salary i get if i do mtech in other colleges
11th February 2012, 05:55 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
There is lots of scope in chemical engg. These days, a lot of students are opting for it after the sudden boom in this field.

There is a myth that if you do chemical engg then you will fill petrols. This is just a joke but the truth is that chemical engg get awesome salaries.
In India the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon....
So if you have interest in this field then go for it there is lots of scope in it
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
16th March 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

is chemical engieneering suitable for girls??
which is the best collage for chemical engineering??
what is the scope and salary for a chemical engineer?
plz help me i am little confused...........
2nd April 2012, 12:26 PM
Dilbag86

Chemical Engineering is the apt career for those who have an aptitude and interest to work with chemicals. However Chemical Engineering is different from chemical technology. The former is concerned with the designing, supervision, construction, installation and operation of plants and equipments for manufacturing chemical products and developing new methods of production while the latter deals with the actual production of substances with new properties which require new methods of production in the fields of petroleum refining, fertilizer technology, processing of food and agricultural products, paints and dyes; recycling metals, glass and plastics; cosmetics, mineral based industries and prevention and control of environmental hazards.
The scope for chemical engineers is tend to grow in future due to industrial expansion and the related scarcity of resources needed. They may be demand as they work to create synthetic replacements for those natural materials and resources that are in short supply. Overall chemical engineers could make very important contributions for the improvement and maintenance of the quality of life.
Scope of Chemical Engineering in India is growing as research organizations, laboratories, defence establishments, atomic power plants, and forensic investigation departments also need chemical engineering experts. Biochemical Engineering, covered above, is often seen as one of the most popular sub-branches of Chemical Engineering but other sub-arenas that attract engineering students with alluring career prospects are Nanotechnology and Environmental Engineering.

In fact, it has been observed that most girls, who choose Chemical Engineering as their core discipline, generally drift to Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, and Environmental Engineering during their specialization phase. Among the conventional Chemical Engineering streams, there are Ceramics, Chemical Processes, Electrochemical Processes, Molecular Chemistry based fields, Fertilizers & Pesticides, and Plastics & Polymers that are still in vogue.

Some of the best colleges to pursue Chemical Engineering are:

Bapatla Engineering College, Andra Pradesh
Dr. S. George Institute of Engineering, Andra Pradesh
Loyola Academy, Andra Pradesh
IIT Delhi and IIT Guwahati
Assam Engineering College, Assam
LD College of Engineering, Gujarat
Nirma Institute of Technology, Gujarat
BITS Pilani
Trichur Engineering College, Kerala
6th April 2012, 10:30 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

There is lots of scope in chemical engg. These days lots of students are opting for it after the sudden boom in this field.

There is a myth that if you do chemical engg then you will fill petrols. This is just a joke but the truth is that chemical engg get awesome salaries. Take a case of a guy who did chemical engg from NIT and then went abroad to study and so today he is earning 45 lakhs a year.

In india the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon

So if you have interest in this field then go for it there is lots of scope in it
28th April 2012, 11:15 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

2nd May 2012, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

is there really scope for chemical eng in india in 2012?is the study very hard?are there any hikes in this field like software engineering?should i do diploma or junior clg before the degree?i badly need these answers plz reply.........!!
10th May 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

what is the starting salary 4 chem engineers?
15th May 2012, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

i am doint chemical engineering from iit kharagpur...what package is expected???
17th June 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of chemical engineering from iit roorke.
18th June 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

what should i opt chemical engineering frio nit warrangal or electrical and electronics engineering from mnit allahabad
19th June 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

hi.iam nanditha damodharan from OC catagory.my engg. cutoff is 196.in which top college,i can get a seat in chemical engineering in tamilnadu government quota?in private colleges,wat is the average fee?
1st July 2012, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

i m doing chemical engineering from lit nagpur what package can expect?
12th July 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

my daughter wants to do mba after studying chemical engineering.what is the use of doing engineering in this field when she wants to do mbawhich she could have done it after graduation?pls enlighten if her decision is right i will support her
13th July 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

i am doing chemical engeering from ipu wat the package i will get
14th July 2012, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to do chemical engineering from osmania university hyderabad.is it better?
18th July 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

sir i taking admission in pes institute of tech bagalore .this is good college 4 chemical engineering
18th July 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

what is mean by EPC sectore. How can a chemical engineer Graduate join this sector and what is the scope of chemical engineer in this sector ?
21st July 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

i hav got 54 % in pcm in my 12 class and got 232340 all india rank in aieee should i go for engineering? i m in dilema i need help as i m a dropper!!
24th July 2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i am pursuing my chemical engineering degree from assam engineering college,assam...so can u pls tel me how is the placement from this government college...and also..will it be right to do mtech after doing btech in the above streram in terms of job and salary...pls let me know...
24th July 2012, 06:40 PM
sheelasnj

Fields of chemical engg. : petroleum refining, fertilizer technology, processing of food and agricultural products, paints and dyes; recycling metals, glass and plastics; cosmetics, mineral based industries and prevention and control of environmental hazards.

Job package : from at least rs. 20000 per month
24th July 2012, 10:10 PM
vishwasourabh

Thumbs up Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukla View Post
chemical engineering,scope,salary in india?
is it good to do this course from hindustan institute of technology and sciences,chennai?
Hi FRIEND,

Private Sector Jobs after B.Tech in Chemical Engineering:

*Large number of opportunities is available for aspirants after B.Tech in chemical engineering in the private sector.

*The type of job varies from industry to industry.

* Aspirants can find opportunities in chemical industries, mineral-based industries, manufacturing industries etc.

*The professionals can focus on special streams like oxidation, polymerization, etc.

*Opportunities are available in the fields of designing chemical equipments like heat exchanger, pressure vessels, etc.

*They work as chemists, material engineers, or as industrial engineers.

*There are openings in both public sector and private sector companies for graduates in chemical engineering.

Government Sector Jobs after B.Tech in Chemical Engineering:

*The chemical engineering graduates can find opportunities in nano technological and biotechnological organizations.

* Many companies under Government of India recruit chemical engineers as management trainees.

*Some of these companies are ONGC, SAIL, IOCL, ISRO, etc.

1. Petroleum refining
2. Fertilizer technology
3. Processing of food and agricultural products,
4. Paints and dyes
5. Recycling metals
6. Glass and plastics;
7. Cosmetics,
8. Mineral based industries
9. Prevention and control of environmental hazards

Job Prospects Abroad after B.Tech in Chemical Engineering:

There are many openings in Multinational companies in various fields. Some of them are listed below.

• Pharmaceuticals
  • Explosive manufacturing
  • Food Processing
  • Coal Preparation
  • Mineral Processing
  • Manufacturing Industries

Now days, there is an increase in employment opportunities for chemical engineers.

ALL THE BEST
28th July 2012, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

i am doing chemical engineering in thapar..whats the scope and salary in india??
9th August 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

i am doing chemical engineering from BANASTHALI VIDHAPITH .What is its scope salary now-a-days in India and abroad
13th August 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

hello i am 1st yr student of chemical engg. from nit jal. 2012. kindly tell me about its scope & package
23rd August 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i am an student of chemical engg. i am asking that any job is availabl in power plants or steel plants like jindal steel & power ltd .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?