29th June 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Army?

SIR I HAD JUST GIVEN 2PASS (VOCATIONAL) I WANT TO JOIN ARMY. SIR MY FATHER IS EX- SERVICE MAN (ARMY) MY AGE- 23 PLEASE SIR MY AIM IS JOIN INDIAN ARMY. PLEASE CONTACT ME:_ 09938092023
30th June 2010, 04:25 AM
mathursaab

You can get all the information related to it through this link........
http://blogs.mybandra.com/2009/09/19/join-indian-army-joinindianarmynicin-indian-army-102-technical-entry-scheme-course-23/
1st July 2010, 12:54 AM
sital

By giving NDA you can join indian army but your age nust be within 19 years or while doing your B.tech you can give UES.
all the best
1st July 2010, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

information about open admit in army
3rd July 2010, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I am an electrical engineer by profession..but i want to get into and serve the Indian Army... what is the procedure of the exam or the interview? How to apply for the same?
3rd July 2010, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

INDIA IS MY MOTHER
5th July 2010, 02:54 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

You can get into the Indian Army by appearing in the CDS exam .

Do not worry about the NCC certificate ,it is not necessary everywhere.

You will be selected by selection procedure conducted by the UPSC.

All the best.
5th July 2010, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir
Recently there is advertisement in the newspapers for Short Service Coommission (NT) Course SER NO JAG-06-APR 2011 For Law Graduat
ates Women. Please provide me the website for this advertisement (for application Form).
thanks
6th July 2010, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

What they can do people who are above 19yrs and below 25yrs?
6th July 2010, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i had just given 10th board exam and now i am seeking for admission in army. could u please tell me procedure of joining in army pls..........
7th July 2010, 12:32 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear
you can join indian army through

1.after 10th.
2.through nda(after 12th).
3,after graduation..

all the best....
7th July 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

how to join air force?
7th July 2010, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

helo sir/madam
i am a diploma holder and now pursuing my graduation n have NCC 'A' certificate. after my graduation i want to set my career in Indian army but the thing is i have done my diploma after 10th so m i eligible to opt for joining Indian army? if yes then what is the procedure? n if i want to join in technical then plz let me know what is the required procedure. plz let me know the needful.
7th July 2010, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

sir I am studying b.tech now
and how to join in army
8th July 2010, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i also have answered my 10 board exam
10th July 2010, 10:24 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i had just given 10th board exam and now i am seeking for admission in army. Sir could you please tell me about the procedure of joining......
Hello friend,

To join Indian Army, you will need to write NDA(National Defence Academy) Exam conducted by UPSC.
The minimum eligibility to write the exam is 10+2 or equivalent examination passed conducted by a state education board or a university.
The maximum age limit to be eligible to write the exam is 19 years.
10th July 2010, 06:01 PM
chaudharyvishal88

Hello Pooja Mam,

It's really a great thought that you want to join Indian Army. You have an option to join Indian Army through CDSE exam but you can appear in the exam only for OTA. OTA means officer Training Academy. Basically for girls government gives an option to join Indian army through OTA for short service commission. It's not a permanent commission. If you are selected in OTA. Your service time period generally for 10-15 years but according to your performance your service time will be increased, For this year form will be issued in the month of October. You can check it on UPSC site.

For further detail you can check on this site

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTemplete/frmTemp17P26C.aspx?MnId=X4cWcX2GVAE=&ParentID=2Hz5 j0fnJfo=&flag=p

Vishal Chaudhary
12th July 2010, 10:49 AM
chaudharyvishal88

Post How to join Indian Army?

Dear SANDEEP891985,

As you said you just completed your 10th standard and you have lots of option to join Indian Army. Actually there are lots of Categories of Entry which Indian Army provides to us. So basically it depends on you to choose which entry you like the most.
There are many option to join indian army as follows :
(1)Soldier for General Duty
Age limit=17-21 Years
Education=SSLC/Matric with 45% marks in aggregate.No%required if higher qualification.

(2)SoldierClerk / StoreKeeper Technical
Age limit=171/2 -23Years
Education=10+2/Intermediate exam passed in any stream(Arts,Commerce,Science)with 50% marks in aggregate and min40% in each subject. Weight age for higher qualification.

(3)Havildar Education
Age Limit=20-25Years
Education=Graduate with BEd/Post Graduate with BEd.

(4)Surveyor Automated
Cartographer
Age Limit=20-25Years
Education=BA/BSc with Maths having passed Matric & 12th (10+2)with Maths & Science.

Sandeep if you want to joinIndian Army as a officer then you can apply for NDA but

Eligibility Criteria is
Age=16 ½ to 19 yrs
Qualification=12th Class of 10+2 System of Edn of Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF/Navy
Marital Status=Un Married
Application to be Received by=10-15 Nov for Jan Course and 10-15 Apr for Jul Course
Likely SSB Date=Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
Duration of Trg=3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA

If you have any other query regarding Indian Army then I'll be pleased to help you at anytime.

Vishal Chaudhary
12th July 2010, 12:20 PM
chaudharyvishal88

Hello Neha,

You want to know about the institute where you can get better coaching to crack CDS exam then you can join 'Baalnoi Academy'.There are so many branches of Balnoi Academy,according to your location you can join suitable branch.
Director Maj H.S. Kalsi
Head Office :-
D1/17 Janak Puri, New Delhi
Tel. 011- 28521828, 28521882,

For further information you can visit its site.
http://www.baalnoiacademy.com/

Best of Luck

Vishal Chaudhary
12th July 2010, 01:03 PM
chaudharyvishal88

Hello,

Yes girls can also apply in Indian Army. As you have told you are pursuing your graduation from Commerce stream so you have an option to join Indian Army through CDS exam but you are eligible for only OTA (Officer Training Academy). CDS exam conducted by UPSC twice a year. In OTA candiates are selected for "SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION".
The Indian Army has a wonderful alternative career for all those of you who aspire to serve it for a few years.It gives you the option of joining the Indian Army and serving it as a Commissioned Officer for 5 years.Once your tenure is over, you are allowed to opt for a Permanent Commission. Alternatively, you can also choose for a 5 year extension and can choose to resign from your post any time during this period.

Candidates studying in the final year/semester, of Technical Degree examination, can also apply.

Physical Standards
The minimum acceptable height and weight for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. in Height relatable up to 5 cms in case of candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, North East, Gorkhas, Assamese and Garhwalis.

AGE LIMIT: 19 to 25 years

For any of your questions just contact me I'll assist you as much I can.

Best of Luck

Vishal Chaudhary
14th July 2010, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am Vikas, DOB-28/05/1989,,Quilification-10 2 Arts in 2009 with 60%,,
In total 5 years wirk exp.How and for wich post I can apply
in Indian Army.

Thank you for your valuable time and kind attention.
From-Vikesh Kumar Jha
15th July 2010, 11:34 AM
chaudharyvishal88

Post Re: How to join Indian Army?

Hello Vikas,

Yes,you have an option to join Indian Army as a Solider in a Clerical Department.Indian Army Soldiers Clerk exam is held 4 times in a year. The notification is published in Employment news & other leading newspaper. Those interested can collect the application form from recruitment office, zila Parishads, District Collector’s Office & Employment Exchange.

Indian Army Soldiers Clerk exam Age Criteria : The candidate who desire to apply for the same should be at least 16 yrs. old & should not be more than 23 yrs of age.

Indian Army Soldiers Clerk exam Eligibility Criteria :

1. Should be unmarried male.
2. Should be an Indian by Nationality (candidates from Nepal are eligible)
3. Should have at least Matriculation or equivalent degree with Mathematics & English as compulsory subjects.

Indian Army Soldiers Clerk Physical Standards : The applicant should fulfill the following physical standards -

Height should be 167 cms.

Weight should be 50 kgs.
Chest should be 77/82 cm.
The general health should be free from all the communicable, infectious disease, medical or surgical deformities.

Indian Army Soldiers Clerk selection Procedure : The selection will be on the basis of written exam. The written test is divided in two parts. Paper I carries 100 marks & contains objective questions. The questions will be based on general intelligence, mathematical aptitude & general knowledge. The duration for this is 45 mins. Paper II is descriptive type carrying 100marks. The time limit is again 45 mins. The subjects of test is English & Mathematics. In English candidate has to write a paragraph of 15 sentences on the topic decided by the authorities which contains 20 marks. Also there will be comprehension of 15 marks & questions on English Grammar like narration, voice, articles, propositions etc. This section is also fro 15 marks. Under Mathematics, questions will be based on factorization, Interest, areas, percentage & Fractions. They all will carry 50 marks. Those who clear all this will be called for an aptitude test & interview. final selection will be on the basis of merit.

From my knowledge most of the time clerical recruitment should be taken by BRO. So contact your nearest Army Headquarter for more information.

Best of Luck

Vishal Chaudhary
15th July 2010, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

sir,what is the scope of geographers in indian army.
16th July 2010, 12:01 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by poojab View Post
respected sir,i passed my degree in commerce this year.
i want to join indian army..
i don’t have NCC certificate…
n i don’t know whether a commerce graduate can join in army..
can you please guide me in this matter as i am very eager to join d army..
you must give nda exam and pass it
then you must go through all levels of physical tests also
after that you can go for it
...your age must be withtin the limit as prescribed
17th July 2010, 01:49 PM
K.Azhagappan

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Army?

i am finiseing degree studining mca i hava ncc 'c'certificate i am join army sir please replay
what to application?
18th July 2010, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

i also want to join indian army as a officer and i am studing in class 11 with subject combination as physics chemistry math & I want to clear the entrance exam of NDA SAIF ALI
19th July 2010, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam
i am naveen 24 year old, male . i have B.Sc.Nursing degree, can i join Indian army based on my qualification. please suggest me
20th July 2010, 12:02 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
for joining the Indian army you can go through the cds exam conducted by the upsc for getting admitted in the Indian army,for detail you can go through the following link
http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
20th July 2010, 01:18 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,
Yes you are very much eligible.
The CDS exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission.)
Kindly check the following:

Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1992 only are eligible

Qualification:
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

Check the attached document for more details.

Also check the following website for further details:

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Attached Files
File Type: doc CDS.doc(42.0 KB, 79 views)
20th July 2010, 01:23 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend...yeah sure you can join indian army... i'll say you the procedure now
After Graduation from an Engineering or any good course field you can give the Combined Defense service Exam (CDS)
conducted by the UPSC in New Delhi.
The UPSC will conduct the exam and hand over
the results to the defence forces
who will conduct the interview.
A panel will conduct a medical check up
Please check out the www.upsc.gov.in website and you will get all the details there.
and check out this website too.. www.indianarmy.nic.in its a official website of indian army
20th July 2010, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed my 12th in 2004 and thn i studied for fybcom and i fail i kept trying working side by side but then also i failed nw i want to join army my age is 24 im physically fit ....plz suggest me sir im very eager to join army.
20th July 2010, 05:48 PM
Thakur Chetan

dear friend,i appreciate your ambition to join the Indian army.After +2 you can appear in NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY examination which is held every year un April and august. If you clear this examination you will receive a call letter for Services Selection Board(SSB) interview.This goes on for 5 days and when you clear this also you go through a medical examination.If a candidate is found fit then he is recommended and called to jooin the prestigious NDA.
BEST OF LUCK FRIEND
SERVE THE COUNTRY
20th July 2010, 06:00 PM
chaudharyvishal88

Hi Friend,

As you said you are studying in 11th standard, So after 12th you will be eligible for NDA exam.These are some details or criteria of NDA.

Marital Status and gender: Unmarried male candidates

Educational Qualification:

(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Physical Fitness:

You must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards. For more details, please refer to www.upsc.gov.in or the Entrance Notification.

Best of Luck

Vishal Chaudhary
21st July 2010, 12:38 PM
chaudharyvishal88

Hello Friend,

I understand your problem my friend but life is a struggle. If you really want to join Indian Army then you have to try for CDSE exam (OTA) option.

Pattern for CDS Examination

For admission to OTA (Officers Training Academy)

* English (100 Marks, 2 hours)
* General Knowledge (100 Marks, 2 hours)

Don't loose your confidence my friend. Always remember one thing-
"Sometimes it is not enough to do our best; we must do what is required".

Best of Luck

Vishal Chaudhary
23rd July 2010, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i have just completed my three yrs diploma in ece from punjab tech board. Now i want to join army, please tell me the procedure
23rd July 2010, 11:39 PM
sharmila jain

Quote:
its ok without the NCC certificate also you can enter the indian army that is after completion of you degree you can write the NDA ie national defence academy exam ... good luck
24th July 2010, 02:54 PM
sital

dear friend,
you can join indian army by giving exams conducted by UPSC like
CDS
NDA
and for more details visit website mentioned below:
www.upsc.gov.in
27th July 2010, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I am Amit Bhatt from Vadodara,I m 26 year old I passed my M.A.(Jurnalisum) from MS Uni.Vadodara. I dont know how to join army.pl give me some Help in my E-mail add. [email protected] or call on 09824365516.
27th July 2010, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to join in territieial army where shoud i get application?.please send the details .
27th July 2010, 10:44 PM
jai2369

where should i get application for territorial army
28th July 2010, 11:36 AM
Manoj Mali

Respected sir,
i had completed my ncc with b certificate , now i am in second year diploma in civil. I want to join army and want to complete my deegre in militry school . Please sir what should i have to do for this.
28th July 2010, 06:10 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
why are you think so that without NCCcertificate you cant join army you can join it giving cds exam.or nda.ok dear best of luck.
28th July 2010, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

jai ho!!
29th July 2010, 01:03 AM
chaudharyvishal88

Hello friend,

Advertisements are published in leading national newspaper & The Employment News in June.

If you want to explore career opportunity with Territorial Army, visit the Indian Army website at:
http://indianarmy.nic.in/ta/index_ta.htm.

You can download the application form from the official website (WWW.MOD.NIC.IN) and for more information they must visit WWW.JOININDIANARMY.NIC.IN/ARCAR.HTM .

Best of Luck

Vishal Chaudhary
30th July 2010, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of b.teh of branch electronic & communication .
please tell me what are the ways for me to join indian army as officer.
and also exam detail.
31st July 2010, 12:39 PM
M.V.NAGA KISHORE

Good morning sir ! I am completed my B.A (Degree) . MY age is 31 years. how to join indian army . please tell me about that. your"s faithfully
m.v.naga kishore
31st July 2010, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying in 11th and i want to indian army.sir please tell me about the procedure for joining indian army.
31st July 2010, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

please inform latest recent recruitement in andhra pradesh 10 2 qualification
1st August 2010, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

SIR IM UNDERGRADUATE AND I WANT 2 JOIN ARMY..........
2nd August 2010, 04:10 AM
chaudharyvishal88

Hello Friend,

You have lots of option after 12th standard, But if you want to become an officer, So you have to be graduate first. These are few details about the different mode of entries in Indian Army..

Category
Soldier General Duty
Education-SSLC/Matric with 45% marks in aggregate.No%required if higher qualification.
Age - 171/2-21 Years

Soldier Technical
Education-10+2/Intermediate exam passed in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
Age - 171/2-23Years

SoldierClerk / StoreKeeper Technical
Education-10+2/Intermediate exam passed in any stream(Arts,Commerce,Science)with 50% marks in aggregate and min40% in each subject. Weight age for higher qualification.
Age - 171/2 -23Years

Soldier Nursing
Education-10+2/Intermediate exam passed in Science with Physics,Chemistry,Biology and English with min 50% mark s
Assistant in aggregate and min40% in each subject. Now eight age for higher qualification.
Age - 171/2-23 Years

Indian Military Academy (IMA)

Vacancies Per Course 250 (Twice a year)
Notify in Employment News and leading Daily news Paper Notified by UPSC under the aegis of CDSE in Mar/Apr and Sep/Oct

Eligibility Criteria
Age 19 to 24 yrs
Born Between 2nd Jan to 1st Jan for Jan Course.
2nd Jul to 1st Jul for Jul Course.
Qualification Graduation from Recognised University.
Marital Status Un Married
Application to be Received by May and Oct
Likely SSB Date Sep / Oct and Mar / Apr
Date Commencement of Trg Jan and Jul
Training Academy IMA Dehradun
Duration of Trg 1 ½ Yrs

Short Service Commission Non Technical Men

Vacancies Per Course 175 (Twice a year)
Notify in Employment News and leading Daily news Paper Notified by UPSC under the aegis of CDSE in Mar/Apr and Sep/Oct

Eligibility Criteria
Age 19 to 25 yrs
Born Between 2nd Jan to 1st Jan for Apr Course.
2nd Jul to 1st Jul for Oct Course.
Qualification Graduation from Recognised University.
Marital Status Un Married / Married
Application to be Received by May and Oct
Likely SSB Date Oct / Nov and July / Aug
Date Commencement of Trg Apr and Oct
Training Academy OTA Chennai
Duration of Trg 49 Weeks

For further information you can contact me any time. My email ID is [email protected]
I will be pleased to help you.....

Best of Luck

Vishal Chaudhary
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?