31st October 2011, 07:18 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I sit for GATE in B.E 1st year itself?

Yeah, i think you can get a seat in NIT afetr scoring 377 marks in GATE entrance.
Your marks are good enough.
You can try for the following NIT's-

NIT-Delhi
NIT-Goa
NIT-Uttarakhand
NIT-Mizoram
NIT-Meghalaya
NIT-Arunachal pradesh
NIT-Nagaland
NIT-Sikkim
NIT- Mumbai

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  2. Can a student who have not cleared previous semester papers, sit in GATE exam? List of books considered good for preparation of GATE?
  3. Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year?
  4. How to prepare for GATE while in B.Tech 1st year computers?
  5. When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?
  6. When should I start preparation of GATE being a 1st year B.E. Mechanical student? -- [New]
  7. How can I get scholarship if studying M.Tech 1st year with GATE scorecard?
  8. How to start GATE preparation right from B.Tech 1st year?
  9. GATE eligibility after B.Sc (IT) through Distance Learning Programme from Kuvempu University
  10. How many types can we apply for GATE?
  11. Am I eligible to sit for PSU as per my GATE score?
  12. When will the admission for M.E in E.C be starting in Gujarat? I'm an E.C engineer from Gujarat
  13. How should I start my GATE preparation? I am a B.Tech 1st year student
  14. Shall I start GATE preparation from 2nd year of engineering?
  15. Can I sit for any Interview if I do well in remaining years of B.Tech having double backlog in one of my semester?
  16. How can we prepare for GATE exam from 1st year B.Tech?
  17. Can I sit for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc Agriculture?
  18. Is this possible to appear for GATE Exam to pursue M.Tech having completed B.Tech in Instrumentation 3 years back?
4th November 2011, 02:33 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Sorry You can't sit for Gate Exam being in Ist year Of Engineering.

Because For writing gate Exam candidate has to be Pre final year Or Final year ..of their Graduation.

If you want to give gate. Then its of no use because if you clear it, That score will be valid for Two years. and you will be in 3rd year and your validity for your score card will get over.

So, Its of no use thats why IIT's has designed the crieteria such that only pre final and final year only can give this Exam.

Even if you see syllabus point of view, there are some subjects which you gonna face in your third and 2nd year of your Engineering.

So, better you start preparing For Gate. You will Definitely Crack this because i am seeing such a passion to Write Gate in you... Go ahead..
28th March 2012, 03:56 PM
jobsee

You can apply for GATE during 3rd year of B.Tech. or final year of B.Tech.

or after completing B.Tech. There is no age limitation in the GATE examination.

I am surprised to see a 1st year B.E. student rushing for GATE exam.

First do your B.E. course well and when during 3rd year of B.E. if you think

that your preparation is in good condition, apply for GATE in 3rd year of B.Tech.

Without good knowledge of syllabus and practice for exam.
1st November 2012, 12:55 AM
manas.1989

You can not apply for GATE examination during first year of B.E.

You can apply for GATE during 3rd year of B.Tech. or final year of B.Tech.

or after completing B.Tech. There is no age limitation in the GATE examination.

I am surprised to see a 1st year B.E. student rushing for GATE exam.

First do your B.E. course well and when during 3rd year of B.E. if you think

that your preparation is in good condition, apply for GATE in 3rd year of B.Tech.

Without good knowledge of syllabus and practice for exam, it is useless to appear

the exam
2nd November 2012, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of B.E. first year can i sit in gate exam.?

Am I eligible to sit in 1st year itself?
dear friend,
you are not eligible to write gate exam unless and until you completed your graduation or final grading student.these are the two options you need to consider.earlier it was supposed to be conducted for 3rd years also but from pastfew years the gate exams rules are changed.this time iit mumbai is conducting the exam and i reckon the exam is going to be really tough so prepare well best of luck
7th March 2013, 11:05 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible now but you can give the GATE exam either in the final year or after you complete your graduation.....

But in the first year you are not eligible..
7th March 2013, 11:43 PM
anithamarychacko
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of B.E. first year can i sit in gate exam.?

Am I eligible to sit in 1st year itself?
Dear friend,

You are not eligible to sit for the GATE exam.Only students who are in the final year or those who have completed graduation are eligible to appear for the GATE exam.Gate mainly covers questions from 2nd year and 3rd year.Start your preparations from the 2nd year and then you will be able to crack GATE exam with good score.The GATE score is valid for 2 years
8th March 2013, 09:22 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

No you can not sit for GATE in B.E. 1st year.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs and other reputed institutions.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Engineering Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to GATE.
8th March 2013, 02:33 PM
chetan.a.b

Arrow Re: Can I sit for GATE in B.E 1st year itself?

hi,
you cannot sit for gate exam, below are the eligibility

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
  1. Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
  2. Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes..
  3. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
  4. Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
  5. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
  6. Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2013-14.
  7. DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN ENGINEERING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
8th March 2013, 10:06 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

No You are not eligible..

One needs to have minimum 50% marks to be eligible for the GATE exam.

through the GATE score one can get admission in M.Tech courses throughout India.

you can also go for a job in PSU through GATE score.

some of the PSU's that recruit through the GATE score are-

Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.(BHEL)
Bhartiya Sanchar Nigam Ltd(BSNL)
National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd(NTPC Ltd.)
Indian Oil
Power Grid Corporation Of India Ltd.
Steel Authority of India(SAIL)

All The Best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?