23rd August 2010, 02:47 PM

Age limit for senior college lecturer? eligibility and procedure for NET SET Exam?

hello,

I am a commerce graduate. worked with central govt. for 20 years. worked as gazetted officer for 8 years. aged 40 years. completed LLB. can i become a senior college lecturer? what is the age limit? what is the procedure for appearing for netset exam? syllabus?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the age limit to become a Lecturer without experience? -- [New]
  2. Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after M.Com for teaching in colleges? Is M.Com qualification sufficient?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria for lecturer in senior college?
  4. Is B.Ed must to teach in colleges? I have done B.Com from Bangalore University
  5. Net Set exam eligibility? which subject I should choose if I have done Bcom and MBA -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get a job as a lecture in MBA colleges after completing MBA HR as distance education from IGNOU
  7. Procedure to become a Lecturer in government college? Which all competitive exams to clear?
  8. Am I eligible for B.Ed after doing M.E(PPM) in OU with 62%
  9. What is the age limit to appear for NET exam and to get a lecturer job?
  10. Courses required to be studied to become a College Lecturer in English?
  11. Is it possible to become a Lecturer at College after 12th?
  12. MCA degree holder is eligible for NET/SET to work as Lecturer in college? Kerala SET is conducted for Computers?
  13. Which exam should appear to get Senior Lecturer Post in any college? Where will I get the form? how to submit the fees? Last date of filling the form?
  14. How to get a job after completing MSc Chemistry?
  15. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  16. Whether MCA graduate is eligible to become an Assistant professor in B.Sc(Computer Science) colleges?
  17. What are the rules and regulations to follow for applying lecture post in Government colleges?
  18. Will there be any way for me to become a Lecturer other than NET and SET Exams? Can I do Ph.D and become a Lecturer having secured 49% in 1st year of MA in English Literature?
23rd August 2010, 05:46 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Default Re: Age limit for senior college lecturer? eligibility and procedure for NET SET Exam?

dear sir,

as you have worked in many fields, so i think certainly you are a experienced man.

you can join in any college as a senior lecturer by completing phd. as phd is necessary for higher posts in teaching profession.at this stage also you can do your phd in interested field.

so complete your phd and share your knowledge with students.

all the best.
23rd August 2010, 05:48 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Default Re: Age limit for senior college lecturer? eligibility and procedure for NET SET Exam?

dear sir,

as you have worked in many fields, so i think certainly you are a experienced man.

you can join in any college as a senior lecturer by completing phd. as phd is necessary for higher posts in teaching profession.at this stage also you can do your phd in interested field.

all the best.
23rd August 2010, 06:00 PM
jicks

I don't think you are eligible for appearing NET exam

Minimum qualification for appearing NET will be a pass in Master's Degree with 55% marks

and age should be less than 28 years ( relaxation admissible for reserved category)

For becoming Lecturer, you must qualifty yourself with PG degree at least.
Then if you intend to pursue M.Phil, Ph.D your position will be strong to apply for colleges, that too not through NET
23rd August 2010, 09:38 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Sir,

As far as i know, the maximum age limit to join as a lecturer in most of the institutes is 50 years.
You have done graduation in commerce and have already vast experience of 28 years..
So there are good chances for you to join a renowned institute in the commerce department.

But you have to complete your master's degree and after that only you can apply for the NET exam. As you have not done Master's course you are not eligible to apply for NET.

All the best!
24th August 2010, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

my age is 34 can i get admission in different iims through cat exam
24th August 2010, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
I did my MBA from university of pune,and having industrial experience for 3 years,now i am interested to join lecturership,
so i have registered for PhD in commerce faculty as MBA comes under Commerce faculty, i am also doing my M Com from IGNOU.
my question is that if i will compete my PhD with Mcom, does i am elligible for permanant lecturership in UGC approved B com Colage?
4th September 2010, 05:39 PM
adthakar

My qualification is B.Sc. (Math) with 71.4 % , M.C.A. with 58.67 %. My age is 45 years. May I eligible for lecturer post in UGC approved govt. colleges ? Ph. D. is required ?

Last edited by adthakar; 13th September 2010 at 03:03 PM.
12th September 2010, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

i am doing mi MA.in hindi. I am 44 years old.I have 15 years of experience in school as teacher.After my net exam will i eligible for a lecturer post in govt college.
29th September 2010, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Dear All,

Please do not provide wrong information.

The criteria to apply for lectureship is now Post-Graduation with at least 55% marks (If Open/OBC), 50% marks(If SC/ST). Along with percentage in post-graduation, you need to clear NET/SET exam offered by UGC. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years - along with relaxation of 5 years if you are OBC/SC/ST. And for Lectureship, there is NO UPPER AGE LIMIT. If you have both, that is PG plus NET/SET, you will automatically start getting offers for lectureship.

Thanks.
6th October 2010, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED 40 YEARS. NOW IAM WORKING AS HSA IN GOVT HIGHSCHOOL. IHAVE ALSO PASSED NET FOR LECTURERSHIP AND PH.D HOLDER .CAN I GET AGE RELAXATION FOR APPLYING POST OF LECTURER IN AIDED/GOVT COLLEGES?
9th October 2010, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for appearing in net exam
18th October 2010, 02:03 AM
himmiyash

Thumbs up Re: Age limit for senior college lecturer? eligibility and procedure for NET SET Exam?

hello,
you have a lot of qualifications and experiance.but the basic criteria for this exam is :-
Candidates should have a Masters degree with atleast 55% aggregate marks (50% for ST/ST/PH/VH). Candidates can only appear for SET in the subject in which they have done Masters. There is no upper age limit. Candidates in their final year or awaiting their results can also apply.

you can apply for this exam online at the following link:-

www.unipune.ernet.in/set.............

for more information you should refer the following link:-
http://entrance-exam.net/set-2009-maharashtra-set/.
thanks....& all the very best
28th October 2010, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

why only for sc and st 50% consider? why not OBC
26th November 2010, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I had completred my MBA in Finance and I had got experience of 1year and six months from industry backgroung.Now I want
to pursue my carrer in teaching.pLease inform me as can I work as teaching faculty in any college and how can I become permanet lecture
in any university?
29th November 2010, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

I am MA Bed.I completed MA in 1995 and Bed in 1997. My marks in MA is 54.5. Am i eligible for Net
ET.
2nd December 2010, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I am post graduate in two subject and in both subject i am net qualified my age is 32 years. i have applied for uphesc advtno45 in political science subject. i have no information about that exam.kindly tell me from where i can get the above said information.
7th December 2010, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

Myself Seema I am a Bcom graduate,now working in a company and i want to study further and wanna become a lecturer but because of some
problems I cannot go for regular classes,so could you please inform me that can i join for Mcom correspondence courses now?
5th January 2011, 05:07 PM

Wink Re: Age limit for junior college lecturer?

Dear Sir,

My name is babu 40 year old at present i am working in private sector, i have complited the post graduation in SOCIOALOGY. My group is 2b. Can i apply for lecturer post? What is the age limit 43 or more? please let me know sir.

Best Regard,
Babu KH
Bangalore
5th January 2011, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Age limit for junior college lecturer?

Dear Sir,

My name is babu 40 year old at present i am working in private sector, i have complited the post graduation in SOCIOALOGY. My group is 2b. Can i apply for lecturer post? What is the age limit 43 or more? please let me know sir.

Best Regard,
Babu KH
Bangalore
3rd February 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

what is the upper age limit to apply for a lecturer's post in college
3rd February 2011, 12:28 AM
dipannitabarua

If one is experienced and has cleared NETwhat is the upper age limit to apply for a college lecturer's post?
4th February 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

can i do NET after pgdca , without MA
7th February 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Myself Prahlad Pramanik,a post graduate student, want to know if 55% marks in graduation and post graduation is necessary for applying in set and net exam. ?
20th February 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I am teacher of H.S. School. Completed Ph.D. in 2007, age 45years. Can I applied for Assistant Professor?
2nd April 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir

My name is lekha 36 year old at present i am working in private sector, i have completed the post graduation in commerce and cleared NET.
Can i apply for lecturer post? What is the age limit ? please let me know sir.

lekha.
9th May 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

age limit of appearing in net. i am 32. can i sit for exams. besides after completion of my mba can i get lecturship in govt or private college.
12th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

my name is vijay vyavahare ihave complited mcom in first class my age is 35 year can i sub meet application form for net set exam 2011
23rd May 2011, 01:50 PM
viju5

Default Re: Age limit for BCA in Shivaji University?

What is Age limit for BCA in Shivaji University?
23rd May 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

I am 36 years old & having completed my B.SC. LL.B. I am appearing for LL.M. now. can I appear for netset after completion of LL.M.
25th May 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

hi.. aftr doin msc. environment science frm corespondence n clearing net exam. can i get placed in sum good unvirsities as a lecturer??
2nd June 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

I am 47 years old & having completed M.D.SIDDHA (Aruvai Maruthuvam) I have an experience about 18 years in teaching can i get Ph.d in DR.M.G.R.University
16th June 2011, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the upper age limit for lectures in a state and india
20th June 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i hav searched a lot regardin net n lecturership bt dint gt satisfactory answer.i hope u cn guide me properly..m a bit confused abt the application form filled for net..does dat mean dat m applying for jrf or is it applying directly for lecturership?
i hav gvn finl yr exams for M.A(english) n i want to apply for net but dat too for lecturership...wat according to u is d best way to proceed..shd it b jrf first n thn lecturershp or direct lecturshp..?kindly gv d appropriate details for applying in both d cases.
i'll b grtly obligd.
thanx
25th June 2011, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hello,

I am a commerce graduate. worked with central govt. for 20 years. worked as gazetted officer for 8 years. aged 40 years. completed LLB. can i become a senior college lecturer? what is the age limit? what is the procedure for appearing for netset exam? syllabus?
I regrett to say , being a gezetted officer in central govt don't know
about NET SET ,and its procedures.pls update your self ......
30th June 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility criteria to become a lecturer in engineering colleges
4th July 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I m 42 yrs old with MPhil in Psycology (1991) can I apply for lecturerership in Delhi University
8th July 2011, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Is NET a must for Lectureship?
24th August 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

hellow sir,
i done m.e computer science. i want to become goverment lecturer. am 29old. if any coacing classes are there in tamilnadu for net/set exam?
13th September 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by adthakar View Post
My qualification is B.Sc. (Math) with 71.4 % , M.C.A. with 58.67 %. My age is 45 years. May I eligible for lecturer post in UGC approved govt. colleges ? Ph. D. is required ?
Which Catagery You are please mention
14th September 2011, 12:31 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,
However, if for the purpose of student profiling, any college wishes to register .... If you have passed the Senior Secondary Schools Certificate Examination of ... The 'additional eligibility criteria' of each college (such as additional subject ... Age Limit: For admission to under graduate courses there is no minimum age bar. ...
ok,
8th October 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

what is the upper age limit for a
eligibility for lecturership in colleges in kerala
13th October 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

i am 35, passed M.A. in hindi. Can I give NET exam???????
14th October 2011, 02:07 PM
kinika

21st October 2011, 01:34 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The National Eligibility Test (NET),conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) to determine eligibility for
lectureship and
for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) .

The Test is conducted twice(months of June and December) in a year in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science like SET(State Eligibility Test).

Eligibility:

1:You should have Master Degree from a recognized University and Colleges,you can also apply for the exam if your Result Awaited category, if you are appearing or has appeared in your final year of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.

2:You have to secure minimum 55% of marks in your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination .

3:There is no age limit for applying for lectureship.

4:If you apply for Junior Research Fellowship ,your age should not more than 28 years.

State Eligibility Test(SET) is one of the best state level examination for
Lectureship like the National Eligibility Test(NET),conducted by the University Grants Commission (U.G.C.).

Eligibility:

1:You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

2:SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

3:you can not be allowed to appear in the test if

you are in first year of two years course of Master's Degree.
or
you are in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree.

4:There is no age limit to appear in the test.
28th October 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my M.Sc chemistry with 53.9% am i eligilble to write the APPSC Junior lecturers exam
23rd November 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my phd in life Sciences one yr back ,want to know the age limit for lecturership in life Sciences in government colleges.
23rd March 2012, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

sir,
what is the minimum age for the post of assistant professors in colleges?
1st May 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i completed my b.com i want to be an lecturer in senior colleges, but i m interested in teaching theory subjects so what can i do?
plz reply me.
5th May 2012, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

After complition phd if there is any upper age limit in entering in college or university as lecturer or professor?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?