26th August 2012, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for SLET Exam being a candidate having scored 50% in M.Com course?

i have got 50% in m.cam, cast is mbc, can i apply for slet exam

26th August 2012, 03:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SLET Exam being a candidate having scored 50% in M.Com course?

SLET exam means State Lectureship Entrance Test. It is basically similar to the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission for the lecturer job. The requirements to appear in both exams are also the same. The only difference is that SLET or sometimes refer as SET will only get you lecturer job in state sponsored colleges of a particular state while National Eligibility Test would get you lecturer job in central government colleges.

Generally SET exam is considered to be little easy in comparison to NET exam. But in any circumstances, you should prepare hard for the exam regardless of the fact if you are preparing for SET or the NET entrance exam.

Both exams are very competitive because of high number of candidates appearing in it. Give yourself at least 5-6 months to prepare for the exam. Anything short of that would put additional strain on you. Check out previous year question papers and take mock tests available online. If possible you can also opt for the coaching classes.

Eligibility

This section would give you clear answer to your questions.

1. You need to be Indian citizen.

2. The educational requirement is post graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

3. You also need at least 55 percent marks in the PG course.

4. Candidates belonging to SC/ST require 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students of PG course are also eligible to appear in SET/NET exam.

6. But they will have to submit their PG degree within 2 years of passing the SET exam. Otherwise they would be disqualified. Make sure you are also meeting the percentage criteria to avoid disqualification.

7. Your subject for the PG course will be selected for the SET exam.

8. There is no upper age limit to apply for lecturer job.

9. Neither is there any limit of number of attempts for the SET exam.
26th August 2012, 04:44 PM
i am sure
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SLET Exam being a candidate having scored 50% in M.Com course?

SLET stands for State Lectureship Entrance Test

Eligibility for SLET

Those indian candidate have Master Degree With 55% from recognized
university and SC/ST candidate candidate secured in only 50% in PG
are eligible For SLET exam.
26th August 2012, 10:34 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have got 50% in m.cam, cast is mbc, can i apply for slet exam
Hello,

>>> SLET: State Lectureship Entrance Test <<<

Eligibility:

>> Candidates must have completed Post graduation degree with 55 % for Open category student.

>> For SC / ST candidates it is 50 % .

>> Candidates must be Indian citizen .

>> Final year Post graduate student is also applicable.

>> This exam is good for all students which want to make career in lectureship.

Best Books for SLET preparation:

UGC NET/JRF/SLET English (Paper - II & III)
by B. B. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Price: Rs. 215

UGC NET/SET Lectureship Examination: Compulsory Paper-1
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Price: Rs. 295

Human Resource Management Ugc Jrf-Slet-Net
by Gurpreet Randhawa
Publisher: Aph Publishing Corporation
Price: Rs. 495

All the best
16th November 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I have done my BBM in regulars and MCA in correspondence in IGNOU am I eligible for SLET Exam please give details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?