4th June 2018, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for B.Sc Computer Science without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?

I'm pursuing my Higher Secondary from Science stream but, I don't have Mathematics. Will I be able to pursue graduation in B.Sc Computer Science without having Mathematics?

Related Questions:
  1. I do not have Mathematics in my Higher Secondary. Am I eligible to take admission in CA?
  2. What should i take in 11th - Commerce with Maths or Commerce with Computers?
  3. Is it possible to appear only in Mathematics exam of NIOS for Higher Secondary Commerce student?
  4. Can i get admission in BCA in IP after passing 12th (Arts) from NIOS?
  5. How to calculate aggregate marks of BCA? Does it include Honours+Subsidiary+Compulsory marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for MCA by not having Mathematics at Higher Secondary Level but having Computer Science at Degree Level?
  7. Can I do Computer Science Engineering course after completion of diploma without higher secondary marks?
  8. Is it possible to appear in Mathematics exam from NIOS Board if pursuing Higher Secondary Commerce from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  9. Higher Secondary school in Kerala providing Psychology instead of Mathematics?
  10. Is it possible to do B.Arch after 12th commerce?
  11. Possibility of BSc(Computer Science) admission in Bundelkhand University for 12th BHSE candidate?
  12. Am i eligible to sit for ISI exam if I am a student of computer science(BSc) Hons
  13. Whether a candidate is capable of studying Science in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board if scored 67% in 10th standard?
  14. Am I eligible for TANCET MCA after studying commerce, accountancy and computer science at Higher Secondary Level?
  15. What is difference between non medical and commerce? Which course to take after 10th?
  16. HSST Kerala Higher Secondary Education School Teacher Computer Science/Computer Applications papers
  17. Can I study B.Sc courses without computers? B.Sc courses free from computer science?
  18. Which combination of subjects in Higher Secondary is needed to be eligible to IIST entrance exam?
5th June 2018, 08:09 AM
Ashiq pp

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Sc Computer Science without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?

In Bsc Computer science , Mathematics plays a major role .we should study maths in minimum of 4 semesters or 2 years. Also its able to join Bsc without maths in Plus 2 but you should work well or prepare well for maths to complete your graduation.
5th June 2018, 08:15 AM
Ashiq pp

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Sc Computer Science without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?

In Bsc Computer science, Mathematics plays a major role . We should study maths in minimum of two years or four semester. Its able to join you to in Bsc Computer science bit you need to learn about logical and basic arthematic , integration and limits etc. So you should prepare well for maths to complete your graduation in Bsc.
5th June 2018, 04:37 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm pursuing my Higher Secondary from Science stream but, I don't have Mathematics. Will I be able to pursue graduation in B.Sc Computer Science without having Mathematics?
Yes, you can apply for the B.sc Computer Science corse being a PCB student. There is no as such compulsion for you to have mathematics in your 10+2. you need to pass 10+2 with atleast 50% marks and you can apply for the course. Some college take admission test for granting admission while some grant direct admission.

>> The course will be of 3 years or 6 semesters.

>> You will be taught various computer and programming related subjects during these 6 semesters which will be equally divided for each semester.

>> The subjects you will study, are like Computer Network, DAA, DSUC, JAVA, HTML, Compiler, Microprocessor etc.
5th June 2018, 05:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue B.Sc in Computer Science even after completing Intermediate without having Maths.
Maths is not compulsory in Intermediate to pursue graduation from Science stream or any other.
You can pursue graduation from any of the stream without any objection.
6th June 2018, 12:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to get admission in B.Sc Computer Science course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

So, if you have not passed 12th in PCM you are not eligible to get admission in the course.

For detail information about the admission and required qualification visit at official website of the college or university.
6th June 2018, 01:50 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

No, you can pursue B.Sc Compute Science after completion 10+2 without Mathematics.

Those candidate who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Computer Science from a recognized board are eligible for B.Sc degree in Computer Science.

Your age should be above 17 years.
6th June 2018, 02:24 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Though you are pursuing Higher Secondary in Science stream, it is not a problem to get admission for B.Sc Computer Science.

Candidates who have completed MPC or BIPC streams in 10+2 are eligible to opt for B.Sc in Computer Science.

But it is not a great choice since you are from Science stream.

There are so many top courses available in Science stream like
MBBS
BDS
B-Pharmacy
Nursing
Agriculture B.Sc etc.

If you are interested in Science stream, better opt for any of the above mentioned courses.

If not interested to continue with Science stream, then go for B.Sc in Computer Science.

You will find it difficult to understand the subject since you don't have any background.

I would suggest you put extra effort in understanding the subject from the basics. If you can't do it on your own, better go for Tuition.

You can opt for Computer Science in B.Sc with any of the following streams
B.Sc Maths, Physics, Computer Science
B.Sc Maths, Statistics, Computer Science
B.Sc Maths, Electronics, Computer Sceince

There won't be any Entrance Exam to get admission for B.Sc course. You can get direct admission in most of the colleges on the basis of your 10+2 marks.

If you score a minimum of 50% of marks in 10+2, that would be to get admission.
17th June 2018, 07:38 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

No,you are not eligible for B.sc in computer science
Those candidate who have completed 12th with Mathematics from a recognised board are eligible for B.Sc in Computer Science.
7th June 2022, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

I have a seat in nursing
But when I see tha blood I am unconscious
So I leave my seat
Now I join open degree computer science course
Wat is ubr suggestion?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?