28th January 2018, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT examination having done BBA with 50% marks?

My name is Abhishek and I have done BBA with 50% marks and I want to give the test CAT examination and want to join IIM. Am I eligible for that? If yes, when and how should I apply for it?

31st January 2018, 02:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT examination having done BBA with 50% marks?

CAT is Common Admission Test and to it is conducted by IIM every year for admission in MBA course.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for entrance examination. The eligibility to appear for CAT examination is:-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in bachelor degree.

The entrance examination is conducted in the month of November and December every year. The application will be available from August in online mode.
31st January 2018, 05:22 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CAT examination. The required qualification to appear for CAT examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50%.

There is no age limit to appear for the examination. Yes, after qualifying in CAT examination with a better score, you will become eligible to get admission to IIM.

You can apply for the examination online. The notification will be available from July and application form will be available in August and September.
31st January 2018, 05:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission in Master of Business Administration. The academic qualification required for CAT examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

The minimum percentage of marks required for CAT exam is 50% marks in bachelor's degree. You have 50% marks in bachelor's degree in business administration, you can apply for CAT exam next year. The notification for CAT examination will be released in September to October in 2018.
31st January 2018, 05:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. The eligibility criteria for CAT examination is given as below:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in science, technology, business administration, engineering etc.

>>The percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 50%.

You can apply for CAT examination after securing 50% marks in Bachelor of Business Administration. This year CAT's results is declared, wait for next notification.
31st January 2018, 06:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IIM conduct CAT entrance test and after qualifying in examination you will become eligible for admission in MBA course.

To appear for CAT examination the common eligibility is that candidate must have passed completed bachelor degree with minimum 50%.

Final year candidates are also eligible to appear for examination.

So, if you want to get admission in IIM, you have to qualify in the examination. The application form for 2018 examination is not available now. So, you must do better preparation for examination.
31st January 2018, 06:56 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Eligibility for CA exam:

Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks

45% marks for reserved category.

There is no age limit for applying in CAT exam.

Both NRI and citizen of India can apply for this exam.

So, you are eligible for CAT examination.
31st January 2018, 07:40 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for CAT are:-

Aspirants must have hold the Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

Aspirants have to score at least 50% marks in graduation.

Aspirants those who are appearing in the final year examination can also apply for CAT.

Application Fee:-
General/OBC - Rs. 1800/-
SC/ST/PWD - Rs. 900/-

The notification of CAT application form will be issued in the last week of July or 1st week of August.

Application Procedure:- Through online mode
31st January 2018, 08:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for CAT as per your qualification. Candidates who have scored 50% in bachelor degree are eligible to appear for CAT.

It is conducted once in a year for admission in master in business administration course. It is two year duration course.

But, if you want to get the admission in IIM's which is among the reputed institute for business course, you have to qualify with good score.

The application form will be available in August onwards.
1st February 2018, 10:35 AM
stutiswet2

Yes, you can apply for CAT if you have secured 50% in BBA graduation course. You will have to apply Online for CAT exam after the Online applications for CAT exam are released. For SC/ST candidates, 5% relaxation in percentage is given.
3rd February 2018, 04:46 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is Abhishek and I have done BBA with 50% marks and I want to give the test CAT examination and want to join IIM. Am I eligible for that? If yes, when and how should I apply for it?
After passing Bachelor of Business Administration you can apply for MBA course through Indian Institute of Management.

For taking admission in Indian Institute of Management you have to qualify common Admission Test conducted by IIM Ahmedabad.

Eligibility for common admission test:-
Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks from recognised University.
45% marks for reserved category.

There is no age limit to apply in common admission test.

For more detail log onto cat official website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?