28th January 2018, 05:03 PM
Sonalika Goswami

Am I eligible for Government Teacher jobs after BA and B.Ed or do I need to do any further course?

I have completed my graduation degree in Bachelors of Fine arts from one of the most prestigious college COLLEGE OF ART, Tilak Marg, New Delhi (it includes B.Ed degree also.). Currently, I am pursuing my Post Graduation in Communication Design from Pearl Academy, Rajouri, New Delhi. I am looking forward for a government job as Art Teacher. I wanted to know that am I eligible to apply for govt. jobs or do I need some other qualification also? What all qualification is needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to get Government Teacher job in Odisha for BEd & CTET qualified candidate?
  2. How a teacher will be appointed as a regular(permanent) teacher like other government jobs? Am I eligible for the post of teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navadaya Vidyalaya like schools?
  3. Am I eligible for government jobs? I'm doing B.Ed from Lingaya university(Faridabad)
  4. Any opportunity available for job after passing M.A, BSc, B.Ed?
  5. Eligibility criteria to become a Computer Science Teacher in a government school of Hooghly district West Bengal?
  6. Can I get job after completing BTC?
  7. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  8. Am I eligible for Government Teacher jobs after BA and B.Ed or do I need to do any further course?
  9. Eligibility for Government Teacher Jobs for Deaf and Dum children?
  10. Can I become a teacher with BEd(Physical Sciences) Degree of Pondicherry University? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for government computer teacher after completing BCA? How to get a government teacher job?
  12. Am I eligible for UP government teacher job after completion of JBT and clearing CTET test with good grades?
  13. Hindi Teacher government jobs in Navi Mumbai? Which exam should I give?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank exams being a Government School Teacher?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for the government job exams after the age of 33 years?
  16. What is the qualification required to get a job of Government Intermediate Teacher?
  17. How to do distance B.Ed while working as a teacher -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible for the government teacher job after completion of graduation and 40 years old?
31st January 2018, 04:08 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Government Teacher jobs after BA and B.Ed or do I need to do any further course?

To become a teacher in government school degree of B.Ed is compulsory. As you have mentioned that You have completed BFA along with B.Ed degree means B.ed degree is included then you are eligible to apply for teacher job.
You have to apply for some entrance exams like- TET, CTET, BTET, UPTET and many more.
After qualifying it only you will be eligible to be a teacher in government school.
upper age limit is not required in this.
31st January 2018, 04:40 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Government Teacher jobs after BA and B.Ed or do I need to do any further course?

Yes, you are eligible for government teacher job if you have done B.Ed. But you have to apply for TET or CTET examination to become a government teacher.

Eligubility criteria for government teacher job are:-

Candidate must have B.Ed degree from any recognized university with at least 55% marks.

Candidate's minimum age be 21 years.

Candidate must have passed in any of the examinations like TET, CTET.
31st January 2018, 07:37 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for government jobs after B.Ed.

You can apply for TET(Teachers Eligibility Test).

Eligibility criteria for TET:

Candidate must have Bachelor degree from a recognized university.
31st January 2018, 08:04 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can apply for Teacher Eligibility Test exam for becoming teacher in government schools. Other than this, you can apply for CTET also for central government schools.

Eligibility criteria for TET exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream and Bachelor of Education course.

You can apply for TET examination after Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education course.
31st January 2018, 08:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Having completed BA followed by a B.Ed i.e; Bachelor of Education degree you are certainly eligible for recruitment as government teacher but for that you are required to qualify TET i.e; Teacher Eligibility Test.

Basically TETs are of two types which includes CTET i.e; Central Teacher Eligibility Test for recruitment as teacher in various CBSE affiliated government or private schools and second is State TETs which are held for recruitment in government schools funded by state government.

For more details regarding CTET you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in where as for details regarding other state TETs you can refer to their concerned official link.
31st January 2018, 08:53 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Government high school Assistant teacher job. There is no need to study any further courses as you have already done B.Ed course. Eligibility criteria to apply for Government Assistant Teacher jobs is written below.
>>Candidates should complete graduation course.
>>Candidates should complete B.Ed(Bachelor of Education) course.
>>Candidates should be Indian and a permanent resident of the concerned state.
>>Candidate's age should not be above 32 years.
31st January 2018, 09:12 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Government job teacher examination after completion of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education.

You can apply for Teacher Eligibility Test after completion of Bachelor of Education and Bachelor's degree in arts.

You need not pursue any further course.
31st January 2018, 09:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to pursue any higher studies course other than Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education.

You are eligible to apply for Teacher Eligibility Test after Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education course to become government teacher.
3rd February 2018, 04:43 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonalika Goswami View Post
I have completed my graduation degree in Bachelors of Fine arts from one of the most prestigious college COLLEGE OF ART, Tilak Marg, New Delhi (it includes B.Ed degree also.). Currently, I am pursuing my Post Graduation in Communication Design from Pearl Academy, Rajouri, New Delhi. I am looking forward for a government job as Art Teacher. I wanted to know that am I eligible to apply for govt. jobs or do I need some other qualification also? What all qualification is needed?
After passing graduation with Bachelor of Education you can apply for both government as well as private primary school teacher.

If you want to teach Secondary School you have to do master of Arts in your subject.

After passing BA you have to qualified teacher eligibility test (T.E.T).
After qualifying TET you can apply for government school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?