8th November 2017, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Sc course after pursuing BA with 12th PCM subjects?

Please tell me can we do Bsc course after going through BA with PCM in 12. Bsc as an interest in civil services I have pursuit BA instead of PCM in 12 class. Could we still do BSc if wanted? Can you please provide me with the information on the same soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any scholarship for UP board 12th passed students?
  2. Am I eligible for CDAC exam? I am pursuing BSc PCM
  3. What to do after class 12th PCM, if not interested in B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to study BSc(Agriculture) without Biology being a 12th PCM candidate?
  5. What should I study in Higher Secondary to pursue B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) being a 10th NIOS student?
  6. Is it possible for me to switch over to medical if I have done 12th with PCM in CBSE?
  7. Eligibility to study BSc(Nutrition & Food Science) for 12th PCM candidate?
  8. Doing 12th in PCM subjects : Am I eligible for ISRO entrance exam?
  9. Eligibility to appear in GADVASU CET for 12th PCM candidate? -- [New]
  10. Can I get higher education in NASA after completion of graduation? I am pursuing BSc with PCM
  11. Can I pursue Computer Science after completing class 12th with (PCM)? Which college is the best for pursuing Computer Science course in Agra?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc Maths Honors after completion of 12th Class in PCM with 58% of marks?
  13. Is it possible to repeat 12th while pursuing his B.E when scored 65% marks in 12th CBSE exam with PCM?
  14. Being a student of BA 2nd year how can I move forward setting up a career in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Which is more preferable after completing B.Sc(IT), either M.Sc(IT), MCA or MBA(IT)? I'm in 12th std with PCM subjects
  16. can I do B.E after doing BSc? I have scored 38% in PCM in 12th course
  17. Can I join B.Sc having done Diploma and PUC as well?
  18. Can I get admission in BSc (computer science) on the basis of 87% marks in PCM from UP board?
9th November 2017, 09:59 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Sc course after pursuing BA with 12th PCM subjects?

First thing I would like to mention here that your question is not very clear as BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) and Class 12th with PCM are two different degree courses and hence cannot be pursued simultaneously.

Further I would like to let you know that you can pursue B.Sc. after pursuing BA degree and having done your Class 12th with PCM group as for admission B.Sc. degree what is required is Class 12th with science stream from a recognized university.

One thing I would also like to let you know that you can even apply for Civil Services examination after your BA degree course also and there is no need to pursue B.Sc for appearing in the same examination.
9th November 2017, 10:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Sc course after pursuing BA with 12th PCM subjects?

To be eligible to pursue B.Sc. course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in Science stream from a recognised board. The duration of B.Sc. course is three years. Admissions in B.Sc. course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. So, if you have pursued 12th standard with science stream before pursuing B.A course then, you are eligible to do B.Sc. course.
9th November 2017, 11:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Sc course after completion of B.A.

But, if you want to appear in Civil Service examination then there is no need to pursue B.Sc course.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for final recruitment.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th November 2017, 11:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc is Bachelor in Science and required eligibility to get admission in the course is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper.

So, you are eligible to get admission in the course.

But, if you want to pursue the course only for appearing in Civil Service examination then I want to inform you that even after B.A course you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment of an I.A.S, I.P.S Officer etc.

For detail regarding admission procedure visit at official website of institute.
10th November 2017, 08:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The required qualification for Bachelor's degree in Science is that you should have done senior secondary in science stream. As you have done 10+2 with PCM subjects, you are eligible for Bachelor's degree in Science course.

There is no specific advantage for science stream candidates in Civil Services examination. Bachelor of arts candidates are also eligible for Civil Services exam. The minimum age limit to apply for Civil Services examination is 21 years. Upper age limit for general category candidates is 32 years.
10th November 2017, 09:25 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue B.Sc even after completing BA. There is no any restriction about subject or stream selection or continuing graduation second time with different stream.
Let me tell you that if you have interest in Civil Services then you can apply on the basis of BA certificate also. As because there is no restriction in subject selection.
But if you want to pursue B.Sc then you can go through it.
10th November 2017, 10:01 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed BA graduation course and studied 12th standard with PCM stream, so you cannot pursue again graduation course of B.Sc.

According to Educational norms set by Government, a student can hold only one graduation degree in his/her academic career.

In case, if you wish to do B.Sc. anyhow then you will have to pursue it in Distance mode/Correspondence mode.

So, if you have interest in Civil Services Exam, then you can apply for exam even after completing BA graduation.

Civil Services Exam has three stages to clear i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
11th November 2017, 09:07 PM
Navneet patyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please tell me can we do Bsc course after going through BA with PCM in 12. Bsc as an interest in civil services I have pursuit BA instead of PCM in 12 class. Could we still do BSc if wanted? Can you please provide me with the information on the same soon? Thank you!

If you want to do B.SC ( Bachelor in science) then you need to fulfill the following eligibility.
^ You should have 12th from recognized university.
^ You should have PCM ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematic) in 12th class.
^ You should have good knowledge about Science.

If you want to do BA, then there are following eligibility for BA.
BA stands for the Bachelor in Art.
You need to qualify 12th with art stream.
then after completing 12th from recognized university, you are eligibble to do BA course.

If you want to prepare for the Civil service exam then you should have the following eligibility.
^ You should have graduation from recognized university.
^ You should have good interest to become officer.
25th September 2022, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BA and then I took admission to bsc from 12 th giving 3 yrs gap certificate so my BA dagree is valid or not, further I thing to drop out the bsc degree, my BA degree is valid or not if I show gap to bsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?