27th August 2017, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in Mining?

Am I eligible to get admission in mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in Mining? Can you please provide me the details on the same? What is the minimum criteria required and where to apply for the course? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  2. What all are the different branches available in Polytechnic courses? -- [New]
  3. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mining engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  5. Procedure to take admission in BA part 1 after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. Can I do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to get Lateral entry in AMIE for pursuing Mining Engineering after completing Diploma in Mining Engineering?
  9. Requirements to get admission in Anna University to study B.Tech(Mining Engineering) for Diploma student?
  10. Am I eligible to get direct second year admission after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission for BA after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  13. Detailed information and specializations available to study in Polytechnic course?
  14. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  16. Can I get Lateral Entry to study AMIE Mining Engineering being a 2 years Diploma holder on 12th basis?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
30th August 2017, 03:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in Mining?

Yes, you are eligible for admission in Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering after completion of diploma in Mining. But for admission, you need to crack entrance test. Engineering entrance exam for diploma holders are stream independent. After clearing the exams, you can get admission in good college of your choice and in desired stream.

Diploma holder are eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology, you can apply for Joint Entrance Exam. You can also apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in second year of engineering. For LEET exam, you need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.
30th August 2017, 07:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in Mining?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Mechanical engineering course.

The candidates are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course after Diploma in the same stream in which they have completed there diploma.

So, you will be eligible to get admission in B.Tech mining course.
30th August 2017, 09:59 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing Mechanical Engineering course after completion of your Diploma in Mining. To be eligible to pursue Mechanical Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course from a recognised institution. So, being a Diploma holder in Mining, you are not eligible to pursue Mechanical Engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?