26th November 2016, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a Civil Engineering based Government job if I scored less marks in class 12th Maths? Can I apply for UPSC or GATE exam?

Respected Sir, I am Sandhiya from Chennai, I scored 33% marks in Maths, 54% marks in Chemistry and 68% marks in Physics in 12th. I want to know can I get a Civil Engineering based Government job if I scored less marks in class 12th Maths? Can I apply for UPSC or GATE exam? Please share the details on my email [email protected].

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get a governmen job after scoring 33 percentage marks in Maths?
  2. Can I pursue BBA after 12th humanities and after completion appear for UPSC exam?
  3. What is the qualification required to be eligible for UPSC based exam?
  4. Is there any government job I can get if I have scored 40 marks in GATE exam?
  5. Government job after B.Tech in electrical with 73% and with very poor marks in HS?
  6. Eligibility for GATE exam for government job after B.Tech with 70% and inter with 57%?
  7. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for a Government job in the Civil Sector at Uttar Pradesh after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering from KSOU?
  9. What percentage is required in B.Tech to get a government job for civil engineer? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to get Central Government job with 83% marks scored in B.Sc Maths?
  11. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th with 51% marks?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for government job if I have scored 54% marks in 12th?
  13. Is there any government job available for B.Sc students who scored 51% marks in HS?
  14. Am I eligible for government job after completion of B.Com with 58%?
  15. Admission criteria for graduates to join IMA at an age of 22 years?
  16. What should I do to get a government job after completion of B.Tech In civil engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to get government job with 65% marks in 10th and 58% marks in 12th?
  18. What to do after completing class 12th except engineering with physics, chemistry and maths?
30th November 2016, 03:54 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a Civil Engineering based Government job if I scored less marks in class 12th Maths? Can I apply for UPSC or GATE exam?

Yes, you can get a Civil Engineering based Government job even if you have secured less marks in your 12th standard. If your 12th standard examination board conducts an improvement examinations, try to appear and improve your score, so, that you can get admission in best colleges for pursuing engineering course.

You need to pursue Civil Engineering course after completion of your interest to apply for Civil Engineering based Government job. You should have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent examination in any discipline from a Government recognised university to be eligible to appear in UPSC or GATE examination.
30th November 2016, 05:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a Civil Engineering based Government job if I scored less marks in class 12th Maths? Can I apply for UPSC or GATE exam?

yes, you are eligible to appear for GATE examination and UPSC examination.

The eligibility to appear for UPSC examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

For GATE examination there is nothing to do with aggregate of 12th std and candidates who have passed B.Tech are eligible to appear for examination. So, you need to focus on your examination.
30th November 2016, 10:14 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

yes, for both of the GATE and UPSC examination there is no any fixed aggregate required in bachelor or 12th std to appear.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination. But if you have less aggregate in bachelor degree or in 12th std you have to face difficulties in recruitment in PSU's even after qualifying in GATE.

But, there is no any issue to appear for examination with UPSC at any stage.
1st December 2016, 12:59 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for appearing in both UPSC and GATE examination for getting placed in jobs related to Civil engineering you need to Bachelor of engineering degree holder in Civil Engineering stream and hence there is no such important of Class 12th marks as placement through these examination are based on the performance of these examination.

So you first complete your Bachelor of engineering degree course for which you are eligible as your overall aggregate in Class 12th is over 45% and your stream of academics is also PCM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?