18th February 2011, 08:20 PM
Tejaspagare

Am I eligible to give GATE exam during 3rd year in NIT?

I m studying 4th semester engg. Do i eligible to give gate exam to get admission in 3rd year in regional college (NIT`s)

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  2. Percentage required for getting in any IIT college? Is it allowed to give GATE in 3rd year?
  3. What is the syllabus of GATE exam? Am I eligible for it being in 3rd year of ETC engineering? How many times can I write GATE exam?
  4. Will I get admission in any of the listed NIT as per my GATE scores?
  5. Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam after doing MCA?
  6. Can I appear for GATE in 2nd year engineering just to get some idea? How often does GATE Syllabus change?
  7. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  8. Can a B.Tech 3rd year student be eligible to give GATE examination?
  9. Can B.Tech 3rd years appear in GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  11. How should I prepare for GATE? I am studying 3rd year B.Tech
  12. Can I give GATE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE course?
  13. Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  14. Is GATE common for all 3rd year students?
  15. Can I give GATE exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being an ECE 3rd year student? How to find out GATE scorecard? -- [New]
  17. Can I give the exam of GATE while in 3rd year? How much percentage is required for GATE exam?
  18. List of entrance exams to join M.Tech program in various universities? Am I eligible to sit in GATE exam ? I am in B.Tech 3rd year
19th February 2011, 01:45 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give GATE exam during 3rd year in NIT?

hi..
actually the gate exam is conducted for the admission of students for the m.tech course and not the b.tech,
there is no way for you to get admission in any college in the third year,
if you want to study in some better college then you have to again give the engineering entrance exam and join the college again in the first year which i think is waste of your valuable time that you have spend in the past two years of your engineering,
the best option would be to do well in gate exam after your engineering and do m.tech from good college like iit or nit
19th February 2011, 11:55 AM
goldin

you can apply for gate during third year
19th February 2011, 07:30 PM
smruti prasad das

hiiii friend
u can give the gate in 3rd year.as the gate score is valid for 2 years.
good luck.
20th February 2011, 12:31 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,
GATE is a top level exam for admission in M.Tech.after crack GATE exam you get admission in M.Tech this not gives admission in NIT's.
this is common sence for B.Tech student if you are not satisfied with your collge then again give entrance exam of B.Tech for join better college.
27th February 2011, 08:45 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

eligible to give GATE exam during 3rd year in NIT
if you want to study in some better college then you have to again give the engineering entrance exam and join the college again in the first year

good luck
6th September 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,does becoming M.E. or M.Tech mean only becoming a professor??do we get any industrial placement as i m student of chemical engineering...?????
6th September 2011, 11:08 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely,you can appear for Gate from 3rd year onwards,if you qualify the exam in first at time,you can admission in IIT/NIT for post graduation after your B.Tech,as the Gate score valid for 2 Years.If you were not able to crack the exam first time,then that exam can be as practice exam that you can easily crack the exam for next attempt.
7th September 2011, 12:17 AM
harshchauhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay kumar saini View Post
Hi,
GATE is a top level exam for admission in M.Tech.after crack GATE exam you get admission in M.Tech this not gives admission in NIT's.
this is common sence for B.Tech student if you are not satisfied with your collge then again give entrance exam of B.Tech for join better college.
Sir ,

Just want to correct you , one can even get seat in NIT's for M.tech courses via GATE .
Seats are available in NIT's like
Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology, Allahabad
Malviya National Institute Of Technology, Bhopal and many more .
7th September 2011, 02:07 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
GATE exam is an entrance exam for M.tech course.. It is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly..

A candidate can appear in GATE exam during the pre-final year or final year of graduation..

As you are in 3rd year of engineering course then you can apply for the GATE exam..
GATE score valid for 2 years.. So, if you qualify in GATE exam during the pre-final year of your graduation, then after completion of graduation you can take admission in M.tech course depending on the score in the GATE exam..
So, go for it...
All the best.
7th September 2011, 05:47 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to give GATE exam during 3rd year in NIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejaspagare View Post
I m studying 4th semester engg. Do i eligible to give gate exam to get admission in 3rd year in regional college (NIT`s)
Eligibility for GATE-2012

According to the guidelines laid by GATE for 2012 :-

Prefinal year students i.e 3rd year students of engineering are not eligible for giving the exam but from 4th year onward you are eligible to give the exam..

There is no age limit for appearing in GATE and there is no restriction on the number of attempts..you can make for clearing this exam..

so all the best and do prepare well..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
7th September 2011, 12:51 PM
saugata2008

Eligibility for GATE 2012 -

*Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programs.
*M.Sc candidates of science,maths ,statistics,computer application can apply.
*Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree program (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree program and Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology.
*B.tech candidate of AICTE or UPSC recognized universities can apply .Those who has complete section and equivalent professional courses can apply.

As you are a pre-final year student ,you are eligible for GATE 2012.

Thank you
31st October 2011, 06:22 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello Dear.,

-->>> GATE (GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING) is an entrance test for M-TECH.

>>You should have good grip on all your civil subjects. and go for good coaching centres for good assistance on all your subjects..

>>>> PREPARATION :-

You can either prepare for the exam yourself, or approach a coaching institute.

REPUTED COACHING INSITUTES FOR GATE ARE:

>>> ACE ACADEMY, Hyderabad.

>>> P.C THOMAS CLASSES,Thrissur.

-->> If you are preparing yourself, some of the good books that will help you are

>>> MADE EASY Publication

>>> Khanna publication.

>>> G.K Publishers ( contains a little bit of mistakes).

>>> I guess this would be sufficient. and once you start your preparation, hang onto it. try your level best. atleast 3 months preparation would be necessary.

...BEST OF LUCK DEAR....
15th April 2012, 06:04 PM
neat_raw

eligible to give GATE exam during 3rd year in NIT
if you want to study in some better college then you have to again give the engineering entrance exam and join the college again in the first year
15th April 2012, 09:21 PM
ravi17283

hi,
you are not eligible when you are pursuing 3rd year,but you can apply when you are in 3rd year.gate result is valid upto 2 years,so you can write 2 times one is when you are in 4th year,second is when you finished your 4th year.generally 2-3 months preparation is enough for it....best of luck
15th April 2012, 09:26 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering

This exam is for Admission in M.Tech programme in different branches......

So for this exam candidates pass degree graduation but candidate of pre final year
candidates also apply

because GATE Score card is valid up to 2 years..........

Good Luck..................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?