1st August 2011, 01:23 AM
gauravdhunna

Am I eligible for M.Tech having done MCA?

i wnat to do m-tech i have done mca regular from ptu am i eleigible for it or not?

1st August 2011, 09:48 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech having done MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdhunna View Post
i wnat to do m-tech i have done mca regular from ptu am i eleigible for it or not?
Eligibility criteria for M.Tech
  • You must have Bachelor degree in engineering. Since you have B.C.A degree this condition is fulfilled.
  • Candidates having master degree can also apply .You have M.C.A degree means master degree so you are also eligible to apply for M.Tech
  • There are so many ways to do M.Tech but undoubtedly the best among these is GATE(Graduate Apptitude Test in Engineering). So sit in gate exam and perform better to get good colleges.

Yes off course you are eligible to apply for M.Tech .For getting entry into M.Tech courses GATE is conducted every year .If you want more information about gate then please visit- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/

With Regards
ravik1214
1st August 2011, 01:15 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech having done MCA?

To pursue M. Tech in , you must qualify in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) examination. You are eligible to appear for GATE only if you have studied Mathematics as a full paper in your Bachelor degree. If you have pursued your MCA through distance education mode, you are eligible to sit for GATE if you satisfy the other criteria, i.e., having Mathematics at the Bachelor degree level. You can appear for GATE in the year in which you are about to complete your MCA requirements. Generally, you have to complete the MCA program by June of the year in which you are seeking admission to M. Tech course. Getting into IITs will be difficult for you even if you have a high score in GATE. IIT Mumbai does not take MCA candidates unless they have B. Sc. with Physics and Mathematics. It is the same with IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, and IIT Kanpur. IIT Chennai may take you. Some other institutes offering M. Tech.
1st August 2011, 02:12 PM
Harshita21

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech having done MCA?

Quote:
Good Afternoon Gaurav

Congrst on completion of your MCA.
Yes you are still eligible for M.Tech
You can try for IIT & other best institutes of our country
through GATE entrance exam.
You have further options for M.Tech are you can directly get admission in private institutes or try for differnet institute by giving their individual entrance exams.
Best of Luck
1st August 2011, 02:43 PM
liquid

yes whynot.u r eligible.
the institutions such as,SRM University,Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
offered u to do so.
1st August 2011, 03:10 PM
gayatrikarnewar

Smile Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech having done MCA?

Quote:
Yes, why not you are elligible but you have to pass the GATE exam with good marks.
1st August 2011, 03:30 PM
amar.sneh

yes, you are eligible for m.tech degree after completing your mca. you will have to appear for GATE exam and on the basis of your rank in it you get admission in different colleges.
different colleges and their links:
IIT delhi-www.iitd.ac.in/admission/pg_eligibility_critera.html

NSIT delhi-www.nsitonline.in/nsitadmission/nsitmtech/mtecheligibility.html

IIT mumbai-apm.iitm.ac.in/acad_table.html

you can apply to other private colleges also such as

VIT vellore-www.vit.ac.in › Admissions

VELTECH university,tamil nadu-www.vel-tech.org/programme_ME.html
1st August 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

IF I JOIN M.TECH AS A DISTANCE IS IT GIVES ME AS A LECTURER IN B-TECH COLLEGES?
1st August 2011, 04:55 PM
death18

First let me tell you the eligibility condition for appearing to GATE exam- In condition (b) it is mentioned that “Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.” are eligible to write GATE exams.

If you qualify and have competitive scores you can apply for all IITs and most of the NITs. IITs particularly less bother about earlier degrees, and try to take students with good understanding to subject. Only condition applies is one apply with MCA or MSc degree must have Maths and Science at BSc level.
M.Tech after MCA gives an edge over any other bachelor degree in India and also makes you equivalent to your M.Tech peer.
1st August 2011, 05:33 PM
saurav9889

yes friend u can definately do an m.tech after your mca because the min. educational qualification for m.tech is a grad. degree. but u have to give your gate exam in computer science/it and then after qualifying u can do ur m.tech otherwise some pvt. engg. college also takes students for pg courses based on their grad. or pg marks.
1st August 2011, 06:57 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

ELIGIBILITY for M.TECH.

You must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in:
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Computer Engineering
Electronics Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Instrumentation & Control Engineering

From the recognized university .

You should have done MSC in computer science ,information technology and other courses.
MCA candidates are also eligible for some M.tech program

To get admission in good colleges like IIT's you have to take a GATE exam.It is conducted once a year and its score is valid for two years .prefinal year students are also eligible to take GATE EXAM.
There is no age limit and you can take the exam as many times as you want.
1st August 2011, 07:55 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes You are eligible for M.tech.

For doing M.tech, You need a bachelor's degree in engineering, i.e B.tech or B.E.

If you don't have an engineering degree, you have to do post graduation i.e you should have a master's degree in your field.

Now, you are not an engineering graduates, you have done a course in computer application.
And you have also done post graduation after BCA, so now you have a masters degree, i.e MCA.

So you are absolutely eligible for MCA.

Now your next step is to prepare for GATE, which is the entrance exam for M.tech mainly.

visit- http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
2nd August 2011, 12:12 AM
Sehwag6

Eligibility for mtech:-
**finished your btech with above 60% marks
**master degree graduates can also apply
**you must write graduate aptitude test in engineering(gate)
exam
**then you get good gate score means get top colleges
all the best
2nd August 2011, 06:09 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
ya sure why not....
you can do mtech as they only required a graduate degree from a recognised university/collage....thats all..
they didnt interfare in your masters degree that what you have done MCA

so be freely and apply for the exam

best of luck.....
2nd August 2011, 08:17 AM

Eligibility criteria for M.Tech

You must have Bachelor degree in engineering. Since you have B.C.A degree this condition is fulfilled.
Candidates having master degree can also apply .You have M.C.A degree means master degree so you are also eligible to apply for M.Tech
There are so many ways to do M.Tech but undoubtedly the best among these is GATE(Graduate Apptitude Test in Engineering). So sit in gate exam and perform better to get good colleges.
2nd August 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

are a mca student is eligible for m.tech in electronics?
2nd August 2011, 04:58 PM
ssredhu
Member+

First lets me take a direct you to an eligibility condition for appearing to GATE exam. In condition (b) if it mentioned that “Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.” are eligible to write GATE exams.

If you qualify and have competitive scores you can apply for all IITs and most of the NITs. IITs particularly less bother about earlier degrees, and try to take students with good understanding to subject. Only condition applies is one apply with MCA or MSc degree must have Maths and Science at BSc level.

If could not qualify the GATE exam please refer to Non GATE M.Tech admissions: Points that may help. Don’t forget to apply for IIITs as they are more flexible in M.Tech admissions in terms of earlier degree and conduct their own written tests. Central universities also conduct their own exams for M.Tech admissions. If you prepare and appear for entrance multiple exams you will definitely be able to crack one.

I am writing a post on why to do M.Tech in general, but for MCA it has a clear advantage. Though both are master degrees, M.Tech will lead to master degree in professional course and therefore lead to higher opportunities both in industry and academy. Usually, B.Tech degree is treated superior to MCA but M.Tech is superior to both the degrees. Therefore, M.Tech after MCA gives an edge over any other bachelor degree in India and also makes you equivalent to your M.Tech peers.

If you don’t have a job offer in hand and just looking for some course to do, I strongly suggest you to apply for M.Tech wherever possible. If you are pre-final year student apply for GATE exam and keep it as an option to stay away from wasting time after completing degree and thinking what to do next. Time after completing course goes fast and a year gap after degree makes you lazy and harms your chances of getting good opportunities.
3rd August 2011, 02:30 AM
btcs11

to do masters degree in engineering you can write GATE through which you can join in masters degree programme in top colleges all over india like IIT NIT BITS etc
academic eligibility for GATE exam is:
bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent(4 year degree program after completion of 10th and 12th
master degree in any branch of science, maths, computers

so as you have completed your masters degree in computers you are eligible for GATE exam. so apply for GATE prepare well and get a good rank with which you can join M.Tech in top institutions in india

gud luck
10th January 2013, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I am passing mca from distance education am i eligible for Gate exams please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?