21st September 2012, 11:17 AM
alkajivnani

Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors

I am pursuing final year doing BCA with Houners and passed 10+2 in commerce stream. So plz tell me that I am eligible for MCA Entrance or Not and Also tell me what was the date of entrance test in 2012 or 2013

9th March 2013, 10:34 PM
makg40

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors

If your doing the final years of BCA, it's absolutely fine for you to do MCA in a reputed colleges. IIMs provides best course for MCA, from were you can have campus interviews. And preferring MCA as subject will do good for you.
The admission date for this year has been under deadline but you can try it for next year with good marks with a good preparations
10th March 2013, 08:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkajivnani View Post
I am pursuing final year doing BCA with Houners and passed 10+2 in commerce stream. So plz tell me that I am eligible for MCA Entrance or Not and Also tell me what was the date of entrance test in 2012 or 2013

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application .

If you have completed Graduation degree with above 50% marks then you are applicable for MCA exam and you must have Mathematics subject in graduation degree or 12th board .

You have completed BCA degree so you are applicable for MCA entrance exam .You BCA degree so it is not depend on 12th commerce stream.

In India there are so many exams conduct for MCA course .The list of the MCA entrance exams are- NIMCET, IIT-JAM, JNU, DU, VITMEE, TANCET, RMCAT, OLET (Haryana), BHU, IPU, KMAT .

Generally MCA entrance exam contains following topics-

Mathematics
Computer Awareness
Analytical Ability
Logical Reasoning
Elementary English Awareness

Pune University Entrance Exam

Pune University 2013 MCA Exam Date : 3rd March, 2013

MAH MCA CET 2013 Online Entrance Exam

Maharashtra MCA CET 2013 Online Exam Date : 7th April, 2013; ( Sunday )

DU MCA Exam 2013

DU MCA 2013 Exam Date : Last Week of June, 2013

BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Exam

BIT Mesra MCA 2013 Online Exam Date : 1st June, 2013 & 2nd June, 2013

JNU MCA 2013 Exam

JNU MCA 2013 Exam Date : 19th May, 2013

11th March 2013, 12:45 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors

Quote:

hi friend,

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application

yes, you are eligible for MCA exam....

you have passed your Graduation degree with 50% marks Recognized Universities then you are eligible for it.....

With Mathematics subject....

There is no age limit for MCA course .....

Future Job Opportunity After MCA:

You can get job placement of this reputed company.
  1. Microsoft
  2. Infosys
  3. Google
  4. Wipro
  5. TCS
  6. Intel
  7. HP
  8. HCL

All the best......
29th March 2013, 04:34 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes while pursuing BCA in the final year you can sit for any MCA Entrance Exam. Following are the top MCA Entrance Exams you can look forward to:-
  • All India MCA Common Entrance Test
  • Integrated Common Entrance Test
  • Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Exam
  • West Bengal Joint Entrance Test
  • Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
  • Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
  • Vellore Institute of Technology Common Entrance Test

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. It is a post graduate degree and its duration is three years. If you have inclination towards IT discipline then this course is aptly suitable for you. This course will give you a better insight and it has been designed basically to meet the demands of the software and IT industry.

To do this course certain eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied. This course is only for the graduates. The degree should be attained from a recognized university and at graduation level it is important to maintain not less than 60% of marks in aggregate.

Please Note: You need to have mathematics at 10+2 level. That can be your subject at graduation level as well.

Usually the top reputed ones prefers to conduct an examination which is mostly followed by group discussion and personal interview sessions. It is important to score good marks at every stage because the competition can be quite stiff and marks at every stage matters a lot in such cases.

For the exam you will mostly face objective type questions and although the exam pattern is bound to differ from one college to the other but usually the following sections are given more importance: Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning and Elementry English Awareness.

Hope this helps :-> :->
16th March 2021, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

I m pursuing my bsc (maths )honours degree and i
m in my final year,so plzzz tell me am I eligible to sit in the west bengal mca entrance exams or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?