2nd February 2011, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Any courses in M.Tech related to Metallurgical and Material Science branch?

hello.... i'm a student of b.tech(matellurgical and material science) 2nd year. i want to know that is there any course in m.tech related to my branch?

1st August 2011, 01:52 AM
redhead

Default Re: Any courses in M.Tech related to Metallurgical and Material Science branch?

As labs are expensive most of the private engineering colleges in India don’t offer this course. These courses are offered in many government colleges. Some of the colleges are listed below:

Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology,Bhopal

National Institute of Technology, Warangal

Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur

Benaras Hindu University, Institute of Technoloby, Varanasi

Karnataka Regional Engineering college,Surathkar, Srinivasnagar

IITs offer this course under the head:

Metallurgical and Materials Engineering [with HTTA]
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering [without HTTA]

It is a four semester course.In this course of engineering students will learn about the physical and chemical properties of different metal, their mixtures and applications.
Students will learn about preparing metal that satisfy industry demands, like aircraft, high temperature ovens, ..etc. Various companies like Steel Authority of India Limited, Tata Steel, Jindal Steel & Power Limited offer jobs to students specialized in this area.
4th August 2011, 01:09 AM
liquid

Default Re: Any courses in M.Tech related to Metallurgical and Material Science branch?

In this course of engineering students will learn about the physical and chemical properties of different metal, their mixtures and applications.

Students will learn about preparing metal that satisfy industry demands, like aircraft, high temperature ovens, ..etc.
During the first year of study, students learn the basic engineering methods thought mathematics, physics and chemistry. Later in second year till final year of study student will learn about he principles of metal extraction and refining, materials characterization, structure- property relationship, and processing of metals and other materials.

There are lots of companies in India doing metallurgy business for example all steal companies offer jobs Material science and Metallurgical Engineering students. There are plenty of higher studies opportunities both in home and abroad.
for details
logon to:-http://www.inspirenignite.com/materials-and-metallurgical-engineering-prospects-future-and-institutes-in-india/
31st May 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello, i am the student of metallurgy 2nd yr(jayant bage),what are the govt jobs after m tech ??
23rd October 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

guys do one favour never take metallurgy in any of nits becaz it sucks to be a mme engineer ,right nw i am engineer in jsw and i passed out frm nit jaipur with a cgpa 8.6. none of good companies prefer metallurgian these days it is going to be a bad time in 2014 for metallurgy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?