16th October 2010, 12:55 PM
Akash Uchani

Astronaut Training Program in India?

Is there any astronaut training program which is to be started in the next five years in india?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to become an Astronaut after passing B.Tech IT from Mumbai University? Is there any masters program that connects IT and Astronomy?
  2. Can I attend 15 months training program if working somewhere else? Will I have to pay for training program?
  3. How can I become a Pilot after pursuing BBM course?
  4. What steps should I follow to become an Astronaut of India? Which school in Bangalore is best for PUC? -- [New]
  5. What to study after 10th to become an Astronaut? Proper way to be followed to become an Astronaut?
  6. Can I become an astronaut if I opt for medical stream in 11th? Should I go for state board or CBSE board? Is it possible for me to become an astronaut if I score good marks in Physics and Maths?
  7. How much time is needed for completion of CS course?
  8. Can i become an Astronaut under Government sector?
  9. What is the duration of completing CS after graduation?
  10. How to become Astronaut in Russia or in India is possible?
  11. How to become an Astronaut with NASA? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility criteria to become Astronaut? Course should be done to become Astronaut after between MCS and MCA?
  13. Information about CS course? What is the fee structure?
  14. What is the procedure for admission in D.Ed?
  15. How much time is taken to complete the CS course?
  16. Is it possible to join B.Com and CS foundation programme simultaneously after doing 12th(ISC)?
  17. How do I train myself to be an Astronaut after 10th? Is there any training centre available for children like me?
  18. Eligibility to take up company secretary course? How many years does it take to complete?
18th October 2010, 01:57 AM
neeraj_m
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Astronaut Training Program in India?

Hi Akash

You need not wait five years for any Astronaut Training Program In India, as an Astronaut Training Center is due to be complete by 2012 in Bangalore. So we can absolutely lay our hopes for any training programs by 2013.

Regards

Neeraj
18th October 2010, 03:13 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

There are reports that there will an astronaut training centre built by 2012 on the outskirts of Banglore.As reports were there that India was planning for its first manned spaceflight. so lets hope it will be there soon.
18th October 2010, 06:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

An astronaut training centre will be started in India by 2012, on the outskirts of Bangalore which will be the nation's first astronaut training centre. It is being set up by the ISRO in collaboration with the Indian air force's Institute of Aviation Medicine. The centre will make use of water simulation to prepare astronauts in the rescue and recovery operations and also survival in zero gravity. The centre will take on studies of the radiation environment of outer space.
22nd November 2010, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

what are all the qualification needed for became an astronaut like medical,educational needed for isro astronaut in future
25th November 2010, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

what can i do to become an astronaut? I have some confusion about it
18th December 2010, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Study Aerospace or work in Indian Air Force as a pilot or any working officer...!!

To gain entry into ISRO space missions..!!
26th April 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

i am electronics engineer and wish to become astronaut, what should i do.
26th April 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i am electronics engineer and wish to become astronaut, what should i do.
21st July 2011, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

hi i am 8th class student....my dream is to be a astronaut.......can u give the suggestions.......about which course is should i take in X and which topics is related to that.
21st September 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

im doing my btech 1st year with aeronautical and my dream is to be an asto-physist and do reseach on the cosmos i mean about the planetery objects and our solar sys and galaxy and is it related with aeronautical and im lil confuse of doing my p.hd in bigbang theroy & quantam phys is it use full for me or not and im on the right track or not sir plzz guide me
11th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

In spring 2009 the full scale mock-up of crew capsule of OV was built and delivered to Satish Dhawan Space Centre for training of vyomanauts. India will be short listing 200 IAF pilots for this purpose. ISRO is currently framing the criteria to short list the fighter pilots. The selection process would begin by the candidates having to solve a NASA questionnaire, after which they would be subjected to physical examinations like cardiac, dental, neurological, ophthalmologic, psychological, radiographic and ENT. They will also have to undergo several lab tests at Indian Aerospace Medicine in Bangalore. Only 4 of the 200 will be finally selected for the first space mission training.While two will fly, two shall act as reserve.The process for selection of final four would commence only in 2012
10th November 2013, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Astronaut Training Program in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Uchani View Post
Is there any astronaut training program which is to be started in the next five years in india?
I am in 9 class and I want to became a astronaut . Give me some useful suggestions
10th November 2013, 02:22 PM
Diwanshi

Smile Re: Astronaut Training Program in India?

I am in 9 class , I want to become astronaut give me some helpful suggestions
21st November 2016, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BE in Electronics and Telecommunication wanted to be an astronaut please tell me the further steps to be taken by me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?