31st January 2017, 10:21 AM
Bala Chandra mouli

Can a 10th from correspondence eligible for Law entrance test? List of streams in Law for me?

Hello sir, I have complete 10th from correspondence and I don't have 12th but want to study a course in Law. Am eligible for Law entrance test? List of streams in Law for me?

31st January 2017, 04:44 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a 10th from correspondence eligible for Law entrance test? List of streams in Law for me?

Since you are interested in pursuing law course i.e; LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative Law ) degree and for the same the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of examination.

So being a Class 10th passed candidate you are not eligible for pursuing LLB degree course unless you complete your higher secondary school degree.

Further to be eligible for admission in top law universities you will have to qualify law entrance examinations like CLAT, BHU UET, etc..
31st January 2017, 05:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 10th from correspondence eligible for Law entrance test? List of streams in Law for me?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law. The academic qualification for LLB course is:

*You must have done 12th or bachelor's degree in law to apply for this course.

*10th passed candidates are not eligible Bachelor law course directly. You must do 10+2 from any board like CBSE, ICSE or NIOS etc to apply for Common Law Admission test.

At present, you are not eligible Law entrance test called Common Law Admission Test.
31st January 2017, 06:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you do not have 12th or equivalent qualification you are not eligible to get admission in law courses.

The minimum required qualification to get admission in B.A LLB ( 5 year duration ) course is candidate must have 12th or equivalent from a recognised board with age limit and required aggregate varies with examination.

For CLAT the required minimum aggregate is 45% and age must be less than 20 years relaxation for reserved category. The streams are :-

Civil.

Criminal.

Labour.

Tax.

Corporation.
31st January 2017, 07:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required qualification to pursue LLB course is 12th or equivalent degree from a recognised university.

So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination after 10th qualification only. The LLB course is of 5 year duration after 12th.

The minimum required aggregate is that candidate must have minimum 50% (varies with universities ).

Some of streams in Law course are :-

Labour Law.

Criminal Law.

Corporation Law.
31st January 2017, 08:46 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for the entrance exams conducted for the LLB course because the minimum qualification needed to apply for the LLB-CET is 12th.

Eligibility for the 5-year integrated LL.B programmes :
You just needs to have qualified Senior Secondary School/ Intermediate Examination/ 12th Board Exam of 10+2 school pattern or equivalent from a recognized University of India.

Eligibility for 3-year integrated LL.B programmes:

You just needs to have possessed a Graduate degree in any discipline of any University of Mumbai or an equivalent recognized University of 10+2+3 education pattern. MInimum 45% for general candidates and 40% for SC/ST candidates are needed for it.

Some of the reputed college for the LLB course are listed below:

-Faculty of Law of University, Delhi
-The University Law College, Maharashtra
-Amity Law School, Noida
-Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore
-Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
-Indian Law Society
-Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
-New Law Academy
-Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
-Delhi Faculty of Law
31st January 2017, 10:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for law entrance Test:-

The upper age limit for appearing and applying in CLAT examination is 20 years for general candidates and 22 years for reserved candidates.

There is no upper age limit for PG courses.

Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.

List of streams in Law:-

Admiralty Law

Bankruptcy Law

Criminal Law

Family Law

Business Law

Entertainment Law.
31st January 2017, 10:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Basically law entrance examinations are held for offering admission in various law universities for the course of LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative Law ).

Also, the minimum educational requirement for LLB course of five years is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board and that for LLB course of three years is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So being a Class 10th passed candidate you are not eligible for pursuing any LLB degree course and hence not eligible for appearing in any law entrance examination.
31st January 2017, 10:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required to pursue bachelor's degree in law from any recognized university of India is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. At 10+2 level, entrance exam conducted is Common Law Admission Test.

CLAT is conducted by National Law University every year. For this examination, you need to have minimum of 45% marks in 12th. It is only 40% for SC/ST candidates. So, you should complete 10+2 first then only you can become eligible to pursue LLB course.
31st January 2017, 10:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Law:

1. Minimum educational qualification is senior secondary passed or appearing for board exams.

2. Percentage of marks is 45%.

Entrance exam is called Common law Admission Test. You can apply for this exam after 12th. At present, you are not eligible for this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?