14th November 2011, 08:17 PM
shubham801

Can I change my stream from non medical to Arts if I want to become IAS?

I want to do iAS can i change my stream from non-medical to Arts

15th November 2011, 09:21 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my stream from non medical to Arts if I want to become IAS?

Dear Friend

That is certainly not a problem....You can change your stream from some non medical
science stream to an Arts stream for sure.

As far as IAS (Civil Services) is concerned, there is no restriction as per stream of
graduation.
To be eligible for Civil Services examination, you should have passed (or final year student)
graduation in any stream from some recognised university.

For IAS exam you can choose arts subject as well as science subject as optional subjects.

But, if you are determined for IAS only, such stream transition may be favorable for
preparation of General Studies for civil services exam.
15th November 2011, 11:52 AM
gkumar13000

Default Re: Can I change my stream from non medical to Arts if I want to become IAS?

yes u can change urs stream to arts for appearing in ias.for ias u need just be graduation.
in ias u can appear by subjects of urs choice be it science or arts.
there are alist of subjects available u can choose from
22nd April 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

CAN I CHANGE THE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS AFTER CIVIL SERVICES PRELIMINARY EXAM 2012.
28th May 2013, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Can i change my stream from non medical to arts in 2. i have recently cleared my 1 final exams.
4th December 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

can i change my subjects from medical to arts after 12th?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?