28th September 2017, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering and I wanted to know that is doing B.Tech in electronics a good choice or should I do B.Tech in mechanical itself? Please help, I need the right suggestion to proceed further. Hope I will get one soon.

Related Questions:
  1. What all are the different branches available in Polytechnic courses? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. B.Tech in Electronics a good option after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Can I do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. What should I do to join diploma in electronics communication after completion of ITI Mechanical engineering?
  8. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  9. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  10. Mechanical or Civil, which is better to study in BTech after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Which one is better between job and B.E course after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. For what type of job I can apply after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  14. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  15. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  16. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
  17. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  18. Eligibility to study BTech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma Mechanical holder?
29th September 2017, 07:59 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission in second year of Bachelor of Technology directly.

Eligibility criteria for LEET exam:

Academic qualification: Diploma from a recognized university with minimum of 60% marks.

Diploma candidates can also apply for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.
29th September 2017, 08:55 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes definitely you are eligible to pursue BTech course in mechanical electronics after completing your diploma in mechanical engineering but for that you have to qualify the entrance exam either lateral entry or any other Engineering Test if you want to get admission in government college.
29th September 2017, 09:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely I would suggest you to appear in lateral entry entrance test that is conducted every year for the students who have completed their diploma in any discipline because if you will qualify the diploma then you will get admission directly in 2nd year of BTech course in the course in which you are interested.
29th September 2017, 09:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Mechanical engineering.

Candidates passed diploma course from a recognised university are eligible to appear in LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test ) to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech.

You are not eligible to get admission in electronics steam after diploma in mechanical engineering.

The entrance examination is conducted by various university for admission.
29th September 2017, 10:29 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Mechanical Engineering are eligible to pursue Mechanical Engineering course. Since, you have passed your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, it is best to pursue your B.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering, so, that you will have good career and job opportunities.
29th September 2017, 11:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering:-

Diploma holders can join in B.Tech through lateral entry. in this scheme, one can join directly to second year of degree programme.

Admission will be offered either on the basis of merit of entrance test. Calicut university, Thapper university, etc conducts entrance for selection process.

Detailed information can be collected by visiting the web portal of the concerned University.
29th September 2017, 11:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Admission in B.Tech for diploma candidates is done through:

1. Joint Entrance Examination.

2. Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

For both of these exam, minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required. LEET will give you opportunity to get admission in second year of engineering directly.
30th September 2017, 03:53 PM
sapphire1

Yes, of course, you can take admission in a degree course in the mechanical field. As you have done diploma in Mechanical then you can take admission in Mechanical field.

As you are a diploma holder then you will get admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech through lateral entry.

For this, you should have minimum 60% marks in diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?