24th June 2013, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I get NIT college on the basis of IIT marks? I have scored 82% from UP board

i have scored 114 marks in iit(main) exam and got 82% from UP board. So, can i get nit colleges on the basis of iit(main) marks.

24th June 2013, 06:27 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get NIT college on the basis of IIT marks? I have scored 82% from UP board

Okay I am assuming that you appeared for the entrance exam this year. Which means that you didn't appear for IIT-JEE but simply Joint Entrance Exam which is the replacement of IIT-JEE and AIEEE.

Earlier the admission for National Institutes of Technology was given through the All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE), now it is given through the JEE Mains. The idea behind Joint Entrance Exam was to have one entrance exam for Engineering.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. 3-4 years diploma holders can also apply for it.

4. Your age should not be more than 25 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

6. Only candidates interested in IIT should appear for JEE Advanced.

7. Only the top 150,000 who clears JEE Mains can appear for Advanced.

So if you have cleared the JEE Mains then you can definitely apply for the admission in National Institutes of Technology. You do not have to appear for the JEE Advanced which is only for those who want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.

Therefore if you have cleared JEE Mains then go ahead with applying for the National Institutes of Technology. However if you cleared IIT-JEE in 2012 or earlier then you can not apply for the NIT through it.
30th March 2014, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get NIT college on the basis of IIT marks? I have scored 82% from UP board

Qualify jee mains but not get 12th pecentage in top 20% then i get college or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?