6th April 2010, 01:49 AM
akshay wahi

NDA and UPTU exams are clashing this year, which form should I fill?

which b tech forms should i fill as i have given my 12th exams.and i have already filled nda,aieee,uptu and ip forms.and which exam i should give uptu or nda as both are clshing on the same day.

6th April 2010, 08:57 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NDA and UPTU exams are clashing this year, which form should I fill?

dear friend,
i think, you should go for NDA, because if ur selected
and pass the physical examination then u have to join NDA
and u will be given training which will include studies and other
army trainings.after you pass from NDA u'll become an officer in
the indian army.............

ALL THE BEST.........
6th April 2010, 09:49 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

Default Re: NDA and UPTU exams are clashing this year, which form should I fill?

you have missed one form for IIT,i think you should go for utpu because you can appear for the nda exam in the month of December also......but if you leave the utpu then you have to wit for 1 year......
6th April 2010, 09:14 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

you need to decide that yourself check out your potential in both the fields the one in which you are much confident you should go for that take the decision as soon as possible so that you can prepare well for the exam
6th April 2010, 10:13 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

according to me you should go for uptu exam as you can give the NDA exam in december also where as you cant give the uptu exam once in a year......
6th April 2010, 11:50 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

i think it depends in your interest and your preparation for the exam,i will advice you to go for the one which you are really interested in
all the best for your exam
7th April 2010, 02:01 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

now that you have completed your 12th std.......and now you must be searching for engineering exam forms....you can apply for the following exams :-

BITSAT---if you are confident that you are going to get more than 80% in pcm then you must apply for it......you can read more at.....
www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatmain.htm

VIT----this college has got beautiful campus and study environment......
it is generally considered easier than aieee...
you can read more at......www.vit.ac.in

now that your nda and uptu exams are clashing....i will advice you to appear for uptu exam as you will get more number of chances for nda exam....like the next nda will be held on 22.08.2010......and now you can also apply for technical entry in defense through your pcm % in 12th.......here you can apply for all three branches....army ,navy and air force.............so you are getting 1+3+3 chances for nda....in a year.....
but uptu exam is held once in a year only.........

for more details visit the official website of the defense forces...

so go for uptu......

best of luck
7th April 2010, 03:27 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
i would just want to ask you one thing ,
are you serious about joining the defense services?
if yes then go for nda,but if you want to write nda just for fun to check whether you can clear it or not then please dont attempt it.because you may end up blocking the seat of an serious candidate
thank you
7th April 2010, 01:58 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

@akshay wahi

This year many government entrance exams are clashing with other state based entrance exams.

For example- NDA(I) is clashing with Wbjee and also with UPTU.

In my advice you should have to go for NDA,this because you can appear for UPTU for next time if required,but age limit for NDA is such complex that very few people attempt it more then one time.

So,you have golden oppurtunity,don't lose it prepare well for NDA it is not so tough if you have good commond over basic concepts of +2 PCM and english you will easily crack it.

Best of luck
7th April 2010, 05:45 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

well over here dear friend you must give priority to what you have prepared well look both the exams are well and good and has much to offer as a career in future.
as faiyaz has also mentioned that this year there are a lot many central and state exams clashing in their date so you need to give priorities top the one you think you will excel in. as far as NDA is concerned it straight way offers you career and has a comparatively simpler exam than UPTU but the main thing is SSB interveiw as it has age limit too which is very tight. where as UPTU can also be appeared later on or i will say don't miss your NDA chances and if you want t o play safe from both sides go for UPTU this time and appear for the II NDA exam. if age limit permits you to do so..
wishing you all the very best ....
good luck think wisely and then take any decision..
9th May 2010, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

waht is the no. of attempts oone can give for NDA or is it based on the age
i.e 16 - 19
13th May 2010, 04:33 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
waht is the no. of attempts oone can give for NDA or is it based on the age
i.e 16 - 19

There is no such Provision for number of attempts. You may attempt for it as many time you can.

There is age limit of 19 and 1/2 years that candidates should not attain before the commencement of training which generally starts from 1 july every year.

However, I have never seen any candidate you have appeared for NDA more then 3 times.

If still you have any dout regarding that, then please refer to my post HERE

Best of luck
Regards
~Faiyaz~
13th May 2010, 11:40 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hi frnd,
go for NDA it is respected join as you have cleared your 12th & there is age limit
so go for it & good luck
14th May 2010, 02:50 PM
sonal goel

dear,
this depends upon your interest whether you want to serve the country or want to go in technical field...
From my opinion you should go for UPTU exam as it acts as an safety option.
27th January 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

what should be rank that i should score in sc/st category for uptu 2011
28th January 2011, 12:35 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: NDA and UPTU exams are clashing this year, which form should I fill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay wahi View Post
which b tech forms should i fill as i have given my 12th exams.and i have already filled nda,aieee,uptu and ip forms.and which exam i should give uptu or nda as both are clshing on the same day.
dear friend,
NDA is a very difficult exam and if you clear the exam then also you will have to give various test which are very difficult to clear. but in uptu even if you are having low marks, you will atleast get admission in a b.tech college. so i think, you must give uptu exam
22nd March 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

what of last date form of nda and upsc
10th April 2011, 12:05 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

First of all the statement which is need to be clear is that NDA is not at all related to engineering, it is to join Indian Defence Forces.

UPTU is a entrance exam for admission in engineering courses among various engineering institutions.

Choice between them is also not related to each other. If you are intrested in engineering than appear in UPTU and if willing to join Defence forces than you will need to appear in NDA exam.

Both exam needs diffrent kind of prepration.

If you have well prepared for UPTU than you must appear for the exam and same applicable for NDA exam. Well On the basis of 10+2, NDA exam would be probabily much easier to be crack than UPTU (according to me)

In my opinion NDA will provide you a promising good carrer provided you get selected in both written test and SSB interview.
20th April 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

how many times can we attempt for nda test??
30th May 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the last date to fill NDA 2nd application form 2011
27th July 2011, 07:19 PM
Muditaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay wahi View Post
you should go with gbtu because NDA entrance paper can be given twice in a year
25th May 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I have done some mistake in my nda application form part1 in choose the coloums wings, by mistake choise airforce 03, and other coloums 0, I want choise airforce 1, navy 2 and army 03, any chance to change in application form
29th October 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

what defrence Cv and Cp
30th March 2014, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

There is coinciding dates of uptu and nda entrance exams both on the same day i.e.20/4/14 and almost at the same time. Sir i want give both of them pleaze make changes in date or atleast change test timings. The time for nda exam is -10:00am -4:00pm (Maths & GAT Combined) and for UPTU is 7:30-10:30am. What should one do for this give uptu quickly and run for nda Well i will do that.. Please support us with your views we will make the concerned authorities to take some action. against clashing of dates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?