16th June 2012, 11:16 PM
saketp181

Can I give CDS Exam for practice being a 3rd year student?

i am in 3rd year so can i give cds exam for practice.....please tell me my chances

17th June 2012, 09:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CDS Exam for practice being a 3rd year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketp181 View Post
i am in 3rd year so can i give cds exam for practice.....please tell me my chances

If you are from final student then you are applicable for CDS exam.But Pre-final year student are not applicable for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year .

Educational Qualification:-

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

Unmarried candidate are applicable for CDS exam.You must have citizenship of India .

Physical Fitness criteria for CDS exam:-

You can apply for CDS exam online only by using the website: http://www.upsconline.nic.in

If you want to get more Information then please check the UPSC Official website : http://upsc.gov.in

17th June 2012, 10:19 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

* CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. Its examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

* If you are pursuing General graduation and you are in 3rd year , only then you are applicable for CDS examination.

* But if you are pursuing B.Tech. or B.E. and you are in 3rd year , then you are not applicable because you should be in the 4th year to be eligible for CDS exam.

The Eligibility Criteria For CDS exam are:

1) You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university with a minimum of 45% marks.

2) You must be a citizen of INdia.

3) You must be unmarried.

4) Age Limits :

19-24 Years For Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years For Naval Academy
19-23 Years For Air Force Academy
19-25 Years For Officers’ Training Academy.

For complete details regarding CDS exam , please visit : http://upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
17th June 2012, 11:40 AM
chinmayXdas

What if physical fitness criteria is ok, but there is a slight problem in the age group criteria?
17th June 2012, 12:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Being a third year B.Tech. candidate you are not eligible to apply for CDS. Only final year B.Tech or Graduation in any stream is eligible for CDS.

UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam twice every year as CDS-I and CDS -II for entry in to:-

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY
INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY
INDIAN OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY

To be eligible for IMA/INA/IAFA of CDS the candidate must be an unmarried Indian male and for OTA of CDS both male and female candidate can apply.

The candidate should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or B.Tech. or pass in any stream from a recognised University. The candidate should have possessed good Physical fitness.

For IMA-19 to 24 years
For INA-19 to 22 years
For IAFA-19 to 23 years
For OTA-19 to 25 years

There is no upper age relaxation for any reserved candidate.

The candidate having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or B.Tech. candidate can apply for all the four wings of CDS. But without having those subjects the candidate is only eligible to apply for IMA and OTA.

So if you are interested for CDS then in the final year of your B.Tech. studies, you can apply for CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th June 2012, 03:28 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

After completing your graduation you can obviously sit for the CDS entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS :-
1. For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

2. For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

Syllabus for CDS:- general english, general knowledge and elementary maths.

Reference books for CDS entrance exam:-

for elementary maths-R.S.Aggarwal

for general english-The Pearson Guide To English For The Combined Defence Services Examination by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe

For general knowledge:- M.Laxmikanth

Visit this site for more information:- www.upsc.gov.in
17th June 2012, 04:09 PM
lakshmi dhana

If you are final student then you are applicable for CDS exam.But Pre-final year student are not applicable for CDS exam.
CDS stands for Combined DefenceService . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year .
Educational Qualification:-
1. For I.M.A. and Officers¡¯ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.
3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10 2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Criteria:-
Indian Military Academy: - 19-24Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
Unmarried candidate are applicable for CDS exam.You musthave citizenship of India .

You can apply for CDS exam online only by using the website: http://www.upsconline.nic.in
If you want to get more Information then please check the UPSC Official website : http://upsc.gov.in
17th June 2012, 09:53 PM
de116

What if physical fitness criteria is ok, but there is a slight problem in the age group criteria?
18th June 2012, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

What will be post given on clearing the exam and ssb?
18th June 2012, 12:08 PM
harsh.89

What is the post given after clearing both written and interview round?
1st November 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

My lft hand was frctured few yrs ago bt nw it is slghtly bend bt it dnt causes any prblm 2 me while doing wrk... So m i physically fit?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?