16th January 2012, 08:57 PM
ddipak

Can I give IPS exam after completion of graduation with B.Com degree?

can i give ips exam after completion of graduation with b.com degree,it will be right choice?

Related Questions:
16th January 2012, 10:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give IPS exam after completion of graduation with B.Com degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipak View Post
can i give ips exam after completion of graduation with b.com degree,it will be right choice?
Yes, You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

For this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and not have attained the age of 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

You will get limited chance to cracked this examination. General candidates will gets 4 Chances to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 chances and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

Those who are eligible to apply for this examination may fill the Application form Online.

The Notification will be Published in the Month of February in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Website on 04/Feb/2012.

The last date of apply for Civil services examination : 05/March/2012.

Preliminary examination will be held on 20/May/2012.

>> The examination is Conducted in 2 stages : Preliminary examination and Main examination. If you cracked the Preliminary examination Only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination. Preliminary examination is Objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination.

Main examination is Descriptive one and there are 9 papers in this examination.

So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online and for more Information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
16th January 2012, 11:45 PM
rkexam

Default Re: Can I give IPS exam after completion of graduation with B.Com degree?

Quote:
yes you can give the IPS exam after completion of your graduation.

for more information about eligibility and IPS(INDIAN POLICE SERVICES)

related questions you can simply go to-

http://upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm#PageTop

With Regard
RK
17th January 2012, 12:36 AM
Sharma sujeet

Yes,you can give the exam.anyone who completing graduation or appearing in last year,eligible for give the exam....
17th January 2012, 01:49 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

IPS is a post which can be expanded as Indian Police Service officer. This post is one of the central government employing post on which you can join as the high rank officials in Police Department. To become an IPS officer you must clear an exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India. For appearing in that exam you must fulfill some eligibility requirements. They are

1. You must be a graduate of any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years. The upper age limit is
relaxable upto 33years for OBC candidates and for SC/ST candidates there
is no limit in number of attempts.

3. For becoming an IPS officer you also need some minimum physical
standards of eligibility. They are

i. Height – Male 165 cm, Female 150 cm

ii. Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

iii. Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst
eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The
correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind
test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

iv. Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

v. Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity.

vi. Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Thus, if you have the above physical standards and fulfill the above eligibility requirements you can appear for IPS exam.
17th January 2012, 04:39 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IPS exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be physically fit.

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have done B.com course then you are eligible for IPS exam..
So, go for it..
All the best.
17th January 2012, 06:34 PM
Rahul kuntala

Quote:
can i give ips exam after completion of graduation with b.com degree,will it be a right choice?
Yes, you can go for IPS after finishing graduation in B.Com. And there is no need of maintaining min.percentage in your graduation. Even if you did your graduation from distance mode, then also you will be eligible to write the IPS exams. Lets get into the details.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and IPS exams are organized by UPSC every year. You should get good rank (preferably less than 150 rank) in Civil Service Exams then only you will get the chance of IPS cadre !! So, its so tough to crack - but not impossible task. Only thing is, you must have dedication towards your goal, and you have to try hard for it.

About the eligibility criteria of IPS :

Educational qualifications :
You must have a graduation from any background. Being a B.Com student you can certainly write the IPS exams.

Age limits:
Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Upper age limits :

For SC/ST : 21 to 35 Years
For OBC : 21 to 33 years

Number of attempts for IPS :

There is restriction for attempting IPS exams. You can't give as no.of times as you can. According to your caste the no.of attempts will depend. Which are clearly mentioned below.

General candidates : Four attempts
Scheduled Caste(SC) and Scheduled Tribe(ST) : No restriction !!
Other Backward Classes(OBC): Seven attempts

IPS exam pattern :

In order to crack IPS, you need to get over the 3 stages. They are :

Prelimis
Mains and
Personal Interview

Here in the image you can understand more about the IPS exam pattern.

Application fee:
Rs. 100/-
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled)

Important Dates to Remember :

Notification will be Published on: 04th Feb'2012

Last Date for Submission of Application is on:05th March'2012

Preliminary exam will be on 20th May'2012

Main Exams will be started from 29.10.2012

Official website :
http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2012, 02:18 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

IPS and to become IPS Officer you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for UPSC Civil services examination
For this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and not have attained the age of 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
You will get limited chance to cracked this examination. General candidates will gets 4 Chances to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 chances and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.Those who are eligible to apply for this examination may fill the Application form Online.The Notification will be Published in the Month of February in the employment newspaperor in the UPSC Website on 04/Feb/2012.
The last date of apply for Civil services examination : 05/March/2012.
29th August 2012, 11:00 PM
shadab879

Yes. Of course you can appear for Indian Police Service(IPS). To join IPS one must clear the civil service examination organised by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC). The eligibility criteria for this exam is bachelors degree in any stream from any UGC recognised university. The age limit is 21-30 years and a relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST. So after completion of B.COM you can appear for civil service exam to become an IPS officer. It is one of the most reputed posts in the country.Best of luck.
30th August 2012, 10:04 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah, you are eligible for IPS(Indian Police Service) exam, any graduation completed candidate can be eligible for IPS exam. This exam every year conducted once and it is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

Educational qualification:-

***The candidate should be complete graduation or bachelor's degree from a recognised university of india.

***Final year graduation appearing candidates can also be eligible.

***There is no percentage is required to apply this exam, so you can apply for this exam at percentage.

Nationality:-

***Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21 years to 30 years,

3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates,

5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

1. Civil services preliminary exam,

2. Civil services main exam,

3. Personal interview.

No.of attempts:-

4 times for General candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for the SC/ST candidates.

Syllabus:-

Exam pattern:-

For more details visit below website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
30th August 2012, 11:28 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

helo dear,
yes, you are eligible for IPS exam after completion of graduation with B.Com degree.
the age limit must be above 21years and below 30years. The
relaxable for OBC upto 33years and for SC/ST candidates there
is no limit in number of attempts.

good luck
30th August 2012, 03:24 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Yes ....you can give IPS exam.
IPS Exam Eligibility
IPS stands for Indian Police Service and for joining in this great organization, the candidates have to succeed in the civil service examination conducted by the union public service commission.

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Age limit-
21 years minimum
30 years maximum, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

Minimum Physical Standard

The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.
Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November.
30th August 2012, 07:56 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........

Yes, you are eligible IPS With your B.Com Degree.

First you can must crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by UPSC

Eligibility Criteria for IPS : -

** You must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from a recognised university

** Your age should between 21 to 30 years, and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC

** You should be a citizen of India

** Maximum 4 attempts for General Candidates, 7 attempts for OBC Candidate and no maximum limit for SC/ST

Selection Procedure : -

** Preliminary Exam

** Mains Exam

** Interview.......

Syllabus : -

31st August 2012, 03:21 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I give IPS exam after completion of graduation with B.Com degree?

Quote:
Yes, Off Course you are eligible for IPS after completing you B.com.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service conducted by UPSC twice in Year in Month of June and December

Eligibility and Criteria:
  • A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any DEcipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  • Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

Age limit for General Category student is 21-30 years. there is a relaxation available for BOC and SC/ST category.

Exam Pattern:

• Preliminary Exam.
  • Main Exam
  • Interview
all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?