29th June 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for Civil exam for IAS after scoring 75% in class 10th and 77% in class 12th

I got 75% in class 10 & 77% in class 12th can i go for civil exam for IAS in future?

29th June 2012, 11:31 PM
jayshree bacchav

Default Re: Can I go for Civil exam for IAS after scoring 75% in class 10th and 77% in class 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 75% in class 10 & 77% in class 12th can i go for civil exam for IAS in future?
Hello friend,

I read your question, and I think 77% is overall very good score.
and you can definitely go for the civil services. I will suggest you to take advice from the experienced one i.e., any teacher or any officer or simply coaching classes. search the sites which give detailed explanation about civil services. you can see the video's of Vishwas-Nagare patil on youtube also. He is experienced person in this field.His video's will definitely motivate and support you for the same.

This field is very challenging as well as difficult. But hardwork and continuse study, planning will take you to the success.

so the choice is your's.

All the best
30th June 2012, 10:25 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for Civil exam for IAS after scoring 75% in class 10th and 77% in class 12th

Sure you can take up the civil service stream. But for this you will need to complete your graduation. Choose any stream that interests you. You can appear when you reach the final year of graduation if you are over 21 years old. There is no limit in the number of attempts but you cannot appear for this exam after you complete 30 years. Since its a highly competitive exam you should start preparing for this exam along with graduation studies.
30th June 2012, 11:30 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Can I go for Civil exam for IAS after scoring 75% in class 10th and 77% in class 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

IAS is one of the Civil Services of India and for becoming a IAS officer you need to write the IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

You cannot apply for the IAS exam with having completed +2 with 77% as it is not needed for applying for the IAS exam.

The needed eligibility criteira as regarding the education qualification is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

You can complete the degree in any discipline and even final year are eligible for the IAS exam.

There are certain other critieria's which you need to satisfy and they may include such as:

> Nationality
> Age limit
> Education qualification

It is better that you continue your studies and finish a degree and then apply for the IAS exam for becoming a IAS officer.

The candidates are selected by:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interivew

You can get more information regarding the IAs exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th June 2012, 11:36 PM
RISHU_RITESH

Smile Re: Can I go for Civil exam for IAS after scoring 75% in class 10th and 77% in class 12th

Overall ur marks till 12th are verygood but for IAS or any civil exam the condidate should have a graduation degree from a recognised university.
so first u have to complete ur graduation then u r eligible for IAS exam.Surely

all the best.
thank u
30th June 2012, 11:36 PM
padhakudkt

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service. It's is a very reputed post of government job.

Any one who completed graduation they can apply for IAS exam. so first of all you should complete your graduation.

To become an IAS officer you will have to give civil service exam which is conduct every year by UPSC.

for this exam you must have graduate degree in any stream from recognised university.

Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years for general categories.

Relaxation for obc is 3 year and for sc/st is 5 year.

In IAS exam only four attempts for general,for obc 7 attempts and no limit for sc/st.

Fee for general candidate is Rs. 100 only. No fee for sc/st/pd.
30th June 2012, 11:38 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
Well you got good marks in both classes.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.
IAS demands candidate must have complete their graduation degree from any recognized university.
So first you have to do graduation then you can go for IAS.
Good Luck
30th June 2012, 11:54 PM
tanveersandhu

Hello friend i want to tell you that your percentage in 10th and 12th is very good but For becoming an IAS you will have to first do Graduation in your field of interest. Without graduation you can not appear for the civil services exams. So stop worrying about IAS now and do your graduation first. God will help you in Future and you will surely clear IAS.
Thanks.
1st July 2012, 12:09 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Exam is the most prestigious exam conducted by UPSC for recruitment to various all India Services including IAS , IPS , IFS , IRS , ...etc

Civil Services Exam Consists of Three Stages :

Civil Service Preliminary Exam
Civil Service Main Exam
Interview

Qualification :
Complete a degree from a recognized university

age limit :

Min of age 21 years & max of age 30 years for General
3 & 5 Years age relaxation for OBC & SC/ST

Number of Attempts :

General - 4
OBC - 7
SC/ST - no limit
1st July 2012, 12:29 AM
de116

Hey friend,

IAS is one of the Civil Services of India and for becoming a IAS officer you need to write the IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

You cannot apply for the IAS exam with having completed +2 with 77% as it is not needed for applying for the IAS exam.

The needed eligibility criteira as regarding the education qualification is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

You can complete the degree in any discipline and even final year are eligible for the IAS exam.

There are certain other critieria's which you need to satisfy and they may include such as:

> Nationality
> Age limit
> Education qualification

It is better that you continue your studies and finish a degree and then apply for the IAS exam for becoming a IAS officer.

The candidates are selected by:

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interivew
1st July 2012, 12:30 AM
de116

Hello friend,

I read your question, and I think 77% is overall very good score.
and you can definitely go for the civil services. I will suggest you to take advice from the experienced one i.e., any teacher or any officer or simply coaching classes. search the sites which give detailed explanation about civil services. you can see the video's of Vishwas-Nagare patil on youtube also. He is experienced person in this field.His video's will definitely motivate and support you for the same.

This field is very challenging as well as difficult. But hardwork and continuse study, planning will take you to the success.

so the choice is your's.

All the best
1st July 2012, 12:36 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Sure you can take up the civil service stream. But for this you will need to complete your graduation. Choose any stream that interests you. You can appear when you reach the final year of graduation if you are over 21 years old. There is no limit in the number of attempts but you cannot appear for this exam after you complete 30 years. Since its a highly competitive exam you should start preparing for this exam along with graduation studies.
1st July 2012, 12:33 PM
chaudhary777

HI FRIEND

yes, why not, you can surely go for civil services examination after scoring 75 % in class tenth and 77 % in class 12th because the eligibility criteria for civil services examinations are as below:

1.minimum educational qualification:

---> you must be graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

---> your % of marks in graduation should not be less than 50.

----> final year candidates are also eligible for applying to civil services examination.

2.Age limitations.

---> your age should be between 21 to 30years.

---> however special relaxation is provided to OBC and SC/ST.

3.Nationality:

---> you must be Indian citizen.

4.no of attempts:

---> for general category ---4

---> for OBC ----7

---> for sc/st----UNLIMITED

5.EXAMINATION PATTERN:

THE examination is done in three stages:

1.preliminary

2.Main examination.

3.interview.

for further details you may visit the official website of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in.

all the best

chaudhary777

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?