9th February 2016, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Hotel Management course with just 40% in 12th? Eligibility for entrance exam?

Well if i got 40% in 12th result can i join hotel management course?
How much percentage need in entrance exam and in entrance exam which types of question are bought?

Related Questions:
  1. Preferred books for the preparation of Hotel management entrance exams?
  2. Eligibility of joining Hotel Management course after scoring 76% marks in 10th? Colleges offering Hotel Management course in Solapur Maharashtra?
  3. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study Hotel Management course in Abroad?
  4. Best colleges for Hotel Management in Mumbai? Is there any entrance exam for Hotel Management course?
  5. Fee structure and minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  6. How to join Hotel Management degree course?
  7. Eligibility to join BSc hotel management as lateral entry?
  8. Eligibility criteria to join Pusa institute of hotel management
  9. How can I get into hotel managment after passing 12th?
  10. Minimum marks required in 12th class to join Hotel Management course and best subject to choose for the same?
  11. How can I get into Hotel management after passing 12th?
  12. Which are the top 10 IHM Colleges in which I can get after scoring 1109 rank?
  13. How to do MBA after BBA? I am pursuing BBA from IP university
  14. Can i join any hotel management course? When will be the re-entrance test for hotel management
  15. Best institute for Hotel Management in Delhi and types of questions asked in entrance exam for the same?
  16. Required percentage of marks in 12th class to get admission for Hotel Management course? Where to get forms for the respective Entrance Exam?
  17. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  18. Which hotel management colleges offer late admissions to 12th pass students? -- [Most Discussed]
9th February 2016, 05:44 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Hotel Management course with just 40% in 12th? Eligibility for entrance exam?

The eligibility criteria for the entrance exams of hotel management is Intermedia from any authorised institude.

Some of the reputed colleges for the Hotel Managements are listed as below-->>

Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Indian Institute of Health Education Research, Patna
Devi Ahilya Institute of Hospital Administration, Indore
Sikkim Manipal University
National Institute of Health and Family welfare New Delhi.
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
Symbiosis Centre for Health Care, Pune
Deccan School of Management, Hyderabad
Apollo Institute of Hospital Administrations, Hyderabad.
Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani
National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Delhi
Panjab University Chandigarh.
SNDT Women's University Mumbai
Kadturba Medical College Manipal.

Try to get good rank in the entrance exams because your marks is very low. So on the basis of your rank you will get any of the reputed college mentioned above.

If you are not getting any of the college then you can wait for one more year to get good rank. The main benefits of getting admission in these college is 100% placement before completion of course.

So try to get good rank to make your career brighter.
9th February 2016, 05:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Hotel Management course with just 40% in 12th? Eligibility for entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well if i got 40% in 12th result can i join hotel management course?
How much percentage need in entrance exam and in entrance exam which types of question are bought?
Yes, you are eligible for Bachelor of Hotel Management.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with above 40% marks are eligible for BHM. But your age should be below 22 years.

If you have scored more than 50% marks then you will get admission in Hotel Management course.

Entrance exams are,

> IIHM Entrance Exam

> Under Graduate Aptitude Test

> Bharati Vidyapeeth University HM Test

> Federations of Hotels and Restaurents Association of India(FHRAI)
9th February 2016, 06:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you will not be eligible for admission in Hotel Management course with 40 % marks in 12th.

One can do hotel management either after 12th. The duration for Bachelors degree in Hotel Management course will be three to four years.

One can appear for NCHMCT (National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology) Joint Entrance test to get admission in hotel management course .

The qualification required to get admission in hotel management course for Bachelor's degree is 10+2 passed with English as compulsory subject or an equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks from a recognized board .

The Entrance Test consists of questions from the subjects like English, Reasoning, General Science and General Knowledge.

The selection process involves of written test followed by a group discussion and interview.
9th February 2016, 06:15 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Many institutes offer hotel management course. There is no any fix percentage criteria for admission in hotel management course. Some institute conducts entrance exam for admission & give admission on the basis of merit score.

Hotel Management Courses
- B.A In Hotel Management
- B.A In International Hospitality Administration
- B.A. In Hotel & Tourism Management
- B.B.A. In Hotel Management
- Bachelor In Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- B.Sc In Catering Science & Hotel Management
- B.Sc In Hotel Management

Best Colleges For Hotel Management Course
- Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) , Mumbai
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA) , Manipal
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) , Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) , Aurangabad
- Christ College , Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) ,Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) , Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) , Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) Ahmedabad

Employment Areas
- Catering Officer
- Hospitality Executive
- Cabin Crew & Hostess
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing & Sales Executive
9th February 2016, 07:47 PM
kantraman

For diploma course in Hotel Management you should be 10th passed with minimum of 40% marks and for Bechelor degree in Hotel Management you should be 12th passed with minimum of 50% marks.So on the basis of 40% marks in 12th you can not opt Bechelor degree in Hotel Management but opt diploma course only whoes eligibility is 10th passed.
9th February 2016, 10:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue a degree course in Hotel Management after passing 12th then you have to appear in the Entrance test known as National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology.
This is entrance test is conducted in April of every year. Maximum age limit is 22 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories.
9th February 2016, 10:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue a course in hotel management is class 12th with minimum 50 percent marks.
You have to appear in the Entrance test which is consist of English reasoning, general science and general knowledge.
The duration of the test is 2 hours and it is held in the month of April.
You can appear in National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology.
11th April 2017, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Now I'm in class 12th and the result will be declared in 2018 May.. so can i appear for entrance exam before the results or I have to wait for next 1year? Please answer soon
16th January 2018, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Now I'm in 12th and the result will be declared in 2018 may ...so can I appear for entrance exam before the results? Please answer soon..
5th September 2020, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I got 40% in 12th and i didn't attempt any entrance exam can i get admission iihm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?