30th May 2012, 09:54 PM
Adarsh jose

Can I join M.Tech after qualifying GATe with 59%? I am an electrical engineer

i am an electrical engineer . i qualified gate . but percentage is 59 only . can i join m.tech?

15th November 2012, 08:38 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join M.Tech after qualifying GATe with 59%? I am an electrical engineer

Hello,
Yes, definitely you can go for M.Tech. I think by percent here you mean percentile and not percentage. So if your score is 59 percentile then it is very good score, let me tell you that. So first congratulations on that. Now for getting admitted in M.Tech course, you have to approach the respective institute, when they advertise for M.Tech admissions. There are a lot of colleges that recruit candidates in M.Tech in electrical engineering. So you have to just wait for the admission procedure to open. As soon as it does, bring all the photocopies of your academics and also the xerox of your GATE score and fill and submit the form in the college. Then mostly GATE scorers are directly admitted in M.Tech curriculum, based on their score. So you will have to get the information from the office as to when the results will come out and then check for your name in the list. I would suggest to go for multiple colleges at once to get more chances at admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?