12th May 2013, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I qualify NDA without taking biology subject?

Sir,
I have taken Eng,Phy,Chem,Math & CS subjects in +2.i I want to join Air-force after +2.Can i qualify NDA after +2 without taking subject Biology?

19th May 2013, 11:09 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I qualify NDA without taking biology subject?

Yes ofcourse you can qualify NDA((National Defence Academy) without taking biology.

See the Qualification details below for more information:

Educational Qualifications:
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination conducted by a state education board or a university.

For Air Force and Naval Wing of National Defence Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination
Other details for NDA exam:
  • AGE LIMIT: 16 ˝ to 19 yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
  • Sex:- Male.
  • Nationality:- Indian.
  • Marital status:- Unmarried or single.
  • Physically and mentally fit.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

19th May 2013, 07:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have taken Eng,Phy,Chem,Math & CS subjects in +2.i I want to join Air-force after +2.Can i qualify NDA after +2 without taking subject Biology?

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year. NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:-Indian Air Force , Indian Navy and Indian Army .

1) Educational Qualifications:-

For Army wing :- Only 12th standard from any stream from recognized board.

For Air Force and Naval Wings :-
A candidate must have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics subjects.

NDA exam not require any percentage marks in 12th board .Final year of 12th standard candidate can apply here .

Your 12th standard subject are Mathematics and Physics so you are applicable for NDA exam (All wings)

2) Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years old .

There is no age relaxation for SC/ST/PH candidate .

3) Only those candidate have Indian Citizenship can apply here .

4) Unmarried male candidate can apply here .

Pattern for NDA exam :-

Paper I :

Mathematics : Max of 300 Marks

Arithmetic
Mensuration
Algebra
Geometry
Trigonometry
Statistics

Paper II :

General Ability :

Part A : English Max of 300 Marks

Part B : General Knowledge Max of 400 Marks

Physics : 100 Marks
Chemistry : 60 Marks
General science : 40 Marks
History , freedom movements etc : 80 Marks
Geography : 50 Marks
Current Events : 40 Marks

Selection process for NDA recruitment -Written Test , Physical Test , Medical Test and Personal Interview .SSB conduct last 3 process in SSB center .

NDA I Exam date is over for 2013 so you can try for NDA II exam.Last date for receipt application for NDA II Exam is 03.06.2013 and the written exam is conduct of 11.08.2013

From this year NDA application form must be submitted by only online system. The fees for NDA exam is 50/- . You can be paid the amount through SBI Debit/Credit Card or by SBI Net Banking or by depositing directly in SBI .

For more about NDA exam , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th May 2013, 05:56 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I qualify NDA without taking biology subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

Dear Friend,

NDA stands for National Defense Academy this exam is conducted by UPSC twice in Year in Month of June and December called NDA-II and NDA-I......

NDA exam is conducted in Three Wings:
  1. Indian Army
  2. Indian Navy
  3. Indian Air Force

yes , off course you are eligible for NDA exam in all wings after passing 12th std subject are Maths and Physics....

A candidate must have completed their 12th scince with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Maths from recognized Board are eligible for NDA in All wings and other are eligible for only Indian army wing , There are not require any percentage marks in 12th board....

Age of candidate should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years , There is no age relaxation for SC/ST/PH candidate .....

Only Unmarried Male are eligible for it , girls are not eligible for this exam , Indian Citizenship can apply for it....

Exam Pattern:
*Prelim Exam , *Main Exam ,*Physical Test & Personal Interview....

All the best..
24th May 2013, 03:50 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of NDA is National Defense Academy.

Exactly, you can qualify National Defense Academy without taking Biology subject.

You can join only Indian Army through National Defense Academy exam.

Union Public Service Commission organizes National Defense Academy exam twice every year for two times as NDA-I and II.

National Defense Academy exam is organized in these two months below mentioned:-

# April.

#August.

National Defense Academy exam is organized for these three reputable wings below mentioned:-

# Indian Air Force.

# Indian Army.

# Indian Navy.

The educational qualifications regarding with National Defense Academy exam for Indian Army wing are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree with Arts or Commerce curriculum from any approved institution.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

# There is no need of percentage for this exam.

Age criteria and relaxation regarding with National Defense Academy exam for Indian Army are below mentioned:-

# 16.5-19 years.

# Relaxation:- Not assumed.

# Candidates must be unmarried male.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

# Physical standard:- Must be fit.

Thanks.
24th May 2013, 09:31 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can qualify for NDA without taking Biology Subject.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Health.

The candidate having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of studies in 12th is eligible for all the three wings of NDA and the candidate without having the above subjects, is only eligible for Indian Army of NDA.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th May 2013, 12:34 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You should be just 10+2 pass in any stream from a recognized University to become eligible for NDA examination.

So don't worry if you have not studied Biology in 10+2 because it is not compulsory for NDA examination.

If you have studied maths and physics in 10+2 then you will be eligible for Indian Air Force and Navy also. For Indian Army any stream students are eligible.

Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years and you must be an unmarried Indian male.

Exam Pattern:

Physical Criteria:

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th May 2013, 09:03 AM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend

>>Yes can be eligible if you are not from biology stream
>>The only other stream eligible for NDA is maths, physics and chemistry
>>All the candidates must complete 12th from a recognised board
>>The age limit for NDA exam is 16 1/2 - 19 years
>>Only unmarried males are eligible

all the best
25th May 2013, 02:34 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Dear,

NDA exam is conducted in Three Wings:

Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Air Force

1) Educational Qualifications:-

For Army wing :- Only 12th standard from any stream from recognized board.

For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics subjects.

2) Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years old .

so,you are eligible for NDA exam.
25th January 2014, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am not taking biology.i am taking stastics.if i am eligible for nda exam what am i do in exam of 40marks biology question
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?