28th July 2011, 11:05 PM
amit20007

Can I take admission for MCA in IGNOU having completed B.Sc. Maths? Required documents for getting admission?

can i take admission in mca in ignou after complesion bsc math.and what r docoments required

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in BSc IGNOU center Rourkela? Fee structure, documents required and admission date?
  2. How to take admission in M.Com course from IGNOU? What are the documents required for admission?
  3. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Mathematics) in IGNOU if secured 76.88% in 12th PSEB and 66% in Mathematics? Fee expenses and documents required to submit?
  4. Detailed information, procedure to apply, documents required and fee to study H.S. in IGNOU? After H.S. from IGNOU can I get admission in Pune University?
  5. Can I get admission for MCA in IGNOU after scoring 50% in BSc
  6. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in IGNOU for MCA program? Procedure to get admission?
  7. Minimum percentage required for admission in MCA course of IGNOU?
  8. Procedure for admission to MCA from Mumbai university? Can i take admission in the current year? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Documents required for admission in M.Com 2015 session at IGNOU
  10. What do to if lost all the documents required for MBA from IGNOU?
  11. What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure?
  12. What are the documents required for admission into BSc Agriculture?
  13. Marks required in to get admission in B.Com(H) at IGNOU?
  14. How to take again admission in Delhi University? What documents need to submitted for admission?
  15. Detailed admission procedure to study Distance M.Tech for MCA postgraduate of IGNOU?
  16. Can I get admission to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Mysore University being a correspondence B.Sc graduate from an Open University? Admission procedure, fee expenses and documents required to apply? -- [New]
  17. Should I study MCA in IGNOU being an employee? Procedure to get admission?
  18. Can I get admission to Ph.D(Computer & Information Science) at IGNOU?
29th July 2011, 11:14 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission for MCA in IGNOU having completed B.Sc. Maths? Required documents for getting admission?

For admission to the MCA course in IGNOU the candidate should be a graduate. Also it is a must that maths should be amongst the subjects studied. Incase the candidate has not pursued the same then they will need to pass the foundation course in maths. The minimum duration for the same is 3 years. Also the course fees currently is Rs 16100.
4th August 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take admission for MCA in IGNOU having completed B.Sc. Maths? Required documents for getting admission?

can i get admission in b.com 1st year ,bcs i was failed in exam of b.com 1st year from mdu rohtak haryana, if yes, so plz tell me the procedure of admission.
4th August 2011, 06:59 PM
ssredhu
Member+

ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO MCA

Bachelor of Computer Science / Applications / Information Science / Information Technology from a recognised / deemed university

OR

Non-computer Science B.Tech/M.Sc./other graduates (such applicants are required to pursue CIC concurrently with MCA 1st semester)

OR

Graduate with PGDCA from a recognised/deemed university or its equivalent course of not less than one year from a State Board of Technical Education or its equivalent body established by the Central/State Government.

Note:

(i) The students who haven't studied Maths at 10+2 level are required to do CS-60 in the first semester of MCA.

(ii) The students enrolling for the MCA Programme who have completed the DEOACC O-level programme are not required to enroll for CIC.
Min age as on 1st Jan. of the Academic Year - No Bar

COURSE DETAILS

Duration (Min) - 3 years
Duration (Max) - 6 years
Medium of Instruction - English

ADMISSION DETAILS

Admission notification is generally released in May/June and the last date for submission of filled-in application forms will be September 30 for January session and March 31 for July session. However students are requested to check with the official admission notification for the exact dates related to admission

Lateral Entry

IGNOU has discontinued the MCA Lateral Entry Scheme effective February 2005. Please read No Lateral Entry Scheme to MCA in 2005 Notification.
For more information visit IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in

Fees Structure:-
The programme fee is inclusive of examination fee and is to be paid semester-wise , as per the details appended below:

Rs.12,200/ in Ist semester + Rs 700/- for CS-60 for non- Maths students and Rs.3,000/- for CIC

The admissions will be available for June/July and December/January sessions.

Syllabus for MCA Student:
SEMESTER I

MCS-011 Problem Solving and Programming
MCS-012 Computer Organization and Assembly language Programming
MCS-013 Discrete Mathematics
MCS-014 Systems Analysis and Design
MCS-015 Communication Skills
MCSL-016 Internet Concepts and Web Design Lab 1
MCSL-017 C and Assembly Language Programming Lab 2

SEMESTER II

MCS-021 Data and File Structures
MCS-022 Operating System Concepts and Networking Management
MCS-023 Introduction to Database Management Systems
MCS-024 Object Oriented Technologies and Java Programming
MCSL-025 Lab (based on MCS-021, 022, 023 & 024)

SEMESTER III

MCS-031 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
MCS-032 Object Oriented Analysis and Design
MCS-033 Advanced Discrete Mathematics
MCS-034 Software Engineering
MCS-035 Accountancy and Financial Management
MCSL-036 Lab (based on MCS-032, 034 and 035)

SEMESTER IV

MCS-041 Operating Systems
MCS-042 Data Communication and Computer Networks
MCS-043 Advanced Database Management Systems
MCS-044 Mini Project
MCSL-045 Lab (UNIX & Oracle)

SEMESTER V

MCS-051 Advanced Internet Technologies
MCS-052 Principles of Management and Information Sytems
MCS-053 Computer Graphics and Multimedia
MCSL-054 Lab( based on MCS-051 & 053)
MCSE-001 TO 012 3 Stream* Courses

SEMESTER VI

MCSP-060 Project 16 Credits

HOW TO APPLY:

Student Handbook & Prospectus would be available from the Registrar (SR&E), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi- 110 068 and at all Regional Centres, Study Centres, and IGNOUARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE AND ASSAM RIFLES Recognised Regional Centres. Student Handbook and Prospectus is also available on university’s website www.ignou.ac.in. The candidates downloading the Form from website are required to send a Demand Draft of Rs. 550/- (Rupees five hundred fifty only) drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi . Advertisements inviting applications for MP are released in leading national and local dailies in April and October.

Information about the courses provided here is partial and should not be treated as comprehensive. i.e The institution would be offering other course than those mentioned here. Students are advised to check with the intitution for the latest information in regard to the course.
4th August 2011, 08:38 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do MCA from IGNOU.

Infact, I think the best university to do MCA is Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). It is a three years course....and is recognized by UGC and AICTE.

The eligibility criteria is:

You should have studied mathematics in 10+2,
or
studied mathematics as one of the subjects in graduation.
Since you have studied maths in graduation, so you are eligible.

Admission is done on the basis of entrance exams conducted by IGNOU....

For more details, visit the official website : www.ignou.ac.in/
5th August 2011, 12:37 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit20007 View Post
can i take admission in mca in ignou after complesion bsc math.and what r docoments required
Hello,
Yes you are quite eligible for the MCA course in IGNOU.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the MCA course is to have graduation in any stream but having Mathematics and statistics as one of the subjects.As you are a graduate in Mathematics then you are quite eligible for the course.
The documents required to submit at the time of the admission is notified in the admission form.

Best Wishes...
5th August 2011, 02:59 AM
suchiii

Yes you can get admission in MCA through IGNU after Bsc maths.
Require documents are 10,12 ,graduation certificates and You should check the IGNU website for admission inquiry.
13th August 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission in B.Sc ,subject is( maths,physics and computer science)
24th June 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission for MCA in ignou having completed Diploma in Electronics and communication engg.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?