22nd December 2018, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I try for NEET entrance exam if I've taken PCM in class 12 without Biology?

My subject combination in 12th is Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. I don't have Biology in my 12th. Therefore, can I apply for NEET - 2019 examination without Biology in intermediate?

26th December 2018, 03:14 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I try for NEET entrance exam if I've taken PCM in class 12 without Biology?

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted for admission in medical courses.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have PCB as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination without Biology as main paper in 12th board examination.
26th December 2018, 11:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I try for NEET entrance exam if I've taken PCM in class 12 without Biology?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognised board of education. Marks relaxation of upto 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Class 12th with PCM group that is without Biology or Biotechnology, you are not eligible to apply for NEET or any other medical entrance examination.
26th December 2018, 11:11 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates without Biology as main paper in 12th are not eligible to appear for NEET.

NEET will be conducted by NTA. It is conducted for admission in MBBS and other medical courses.

So, if you want to appear for NEET examination you need to pursue and appear for 12th with PCB as main paper. The minimum required aggregate is 50% in PCM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?