21st June 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Can a Pharma graduate give GATE exam?

can i give gate axam after pharma graduate..Please tell me the procedure to take admission

Related Questions:
  1. m.pharma admission procedure without GATE and universities offering m.pharma? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Should I have to appear in GATE to study M.Pharma course?
  3. What are the job opportunities available for Mechanical Engineering in Government Sector?
  4. Can I apply for PhD course in NIPER with GATE scorecard through which I am studying M.Pharma?
  5. Model question papers for Drug Inspector Exam? I am a Pharma Graduate
  6. What is the pattern of RAS exam? How can I prepare for it if I am from B.Pharma background?
  7. Which one is better between forensic and M.Pharm after B.Pharm?
  8. Can I do M.Pharma in Pharmacognosy after doing B.Pharma?
  9. Can I do M.Pharma after D.Pharma? Options after D.Pharma other than B.Pharma?
  10. How may I get detail information about MBA Pharma course? List of colleges along with their details, procedure and fee structure, offering MBA Pharma course?
  11. Salary package of B.Pharma graduate in Cipla and other Pharmaceutical companies?
  12. Can I do M.Pharma in Pharmacognosy after doing B.Pharma(Ayurveda)
  13. From which universities can I do M.Pharma after doing B.Pharma course? Information about Punjabi University, Patiala University for doing M.Pharma?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria followed to do Ph.D after completion of M.Pharma? -- [New]
  15. How much is the average salary for MBA Pharma for Narsee Monje?
  16. Exams and courses available after B.Tech Electronics?
  17. What is the last date of sale of application form in Motilal Nehru University?
  18. What to do after B.Pharma? Details of that course? Is Clinical Research good?
22nd June 2011, 09:20 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Pharma graduate give GATE exam?

Eligibility for GATE Exam:
  • **either Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
  • **either Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications
  • **either Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
only these candidates can apply ..

I think from the above edibility criteria you are not eligible for GATE..
22nd June 2011, 09:37 AM
pabolu pradeep

no, a pharma graduate can write GPAT exam for his admission into m.pharmacy course.
gate is only for bachelor's in engineering/technology/ architecture and also m.sc in maths/computer applications etc..
22nd June 2011, 10:33 AM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Can a Pharma graduate give GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i give gate axam after pharma graduate..Please tell me the procedure to take admission
NO, u r not eligible to take gate examination bcoz

gate test is given by those candidate who has
1) bachelor degree in engineering or architecture
2)master degree in any branch of science, maths or statics
22nd June 2011, 11:14 AM
tiwari ayush

no u can not give GATE exam as the criteria is that u should b a engg. graduate or have bsc, msc degree.
22nd June 2011, 11:20 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones such that One Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore and the Seven IITs(Bombay,Kharagpur,Kanpur,Guahati,Roorkee,Madra s,Delhi)

According to the Eligibility of the GATE:

1:You should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology or Architecture of 4 years after 10+2.

2:You can also apply if you are in the final or pre-final year examination of the Master Degree.

or
3:You have to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science like Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications etc....

As you have the Bachelor degree in Pharmacy,then you can go for GPAT(Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) is conducted under taken by the aegis of National Monitoring Committee(NMC) of All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), New Delhi by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara.

To get admission in M.Pharm in top listed ,renowned colleges you have sit in GPAT entrance exam.

Eligibility:
1:You should have the Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy

or
2:The Final year examination of B. Pharmacy in the current year also can apply for appearing for GPAT examination.
22nd June 2011, 11:23 AM
indian_fresher

If you have Bachelor Degree, you are eligible you can definitely apply for gate exams
22nd June 2011, 12:28 PM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Can a Pharma graduate give GATE exam?

No, Pharma graduates are not /Eligible for GATE exam. only any degree inEngineering,Architecture and Technology students are Eligible for writing GATE exam.
22nd June 2011, 04:32 PM
raja badam

yes,you are 100% Eligible for GATE.

Actually,If you want to attend for M-Pharmacy entrance exam.you must write GPAT exam.

If you want to do Biotechnology course,you are eligible for GATE exam..
24th June 2011, 01:16 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Hey,
eligibility creteria for Gate exam is:
1>you must be graduate for any engineering feild course.
2>either you must be graduate from science feild course.

best of luck.
19th August 2011, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

I have an MBA in Project Management can I give GATE exam?
31st October 2011, 07:41 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello guest
Any of the years are good for appearing GATE entrance exam. But its better the best you start from the 3rd year.
Good luck
31st October 2011, 07:43 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello guest
Any of the years are good for appearing GATE entrance exam. But its better the best you start from the 3rd year.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?