2nd January 2012, 03:02 PM
TANMOYBERA

Can production engineer fill UPSC forms of Mechanical engineering? What's the eligibility criteria?

can production engg. fill the UPSC forms of Mechanical engg. as the subjects are same ?
answer soon

Related Questions:
  1. Can production engineer apply for mechanical engineer post in government sector
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for mechanical and production engineering?
  3. How can I apply for RRB UPSC chargeman post for mechanical engineering
  4. How can I apply for RRB UPSC chargeman post for mechanical
  5. What is the difference between production engineer and mechanical engineer?
  6. Am I eligible to become a Mechanical Engineering in PSU being a B.Tech(Production Engineering) with Mechanical Equivalent certificate candidate?
  7. Eligiblity criteria and procedure of admission in Diploma in Production Engineering for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  8. How to do M.Tech in production after doing mechanical engineering?
  9. When to fill forms for NDA Exam? When will these forms be available?
  10. Eligibility criteria to apply for jobs in NTPC, BHEL and IOCL after B.E. Mechanical Engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility criteria to take admission for Aeronautical Engineering? When to get forms for this?
  12. Eligibility for NTPC Junior Engineer 2016?
  13. Difference between mechanical engineering and production engineering?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria for UPSC exam? Is engineering beneficial to me
  15. Detailed procedure and eligibility to apply in Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer recruitment for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? When the application form will be released?
  16. Eligibility criteria for Railway Sectional Engineer?
  17. Eligibility to apply in RTO exam for Diploma Mechanical Engineer? -- [New]
  18. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
15th April 2015, 05:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can production engineer fill UPSC forms of Mechanical engineering? What's the eligibility criteria?

From my point of view, I think you are talking about Indian Engineering Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Yes, any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology can appear for the Indian Engineering services but you have to give Engineering Services exam only in four streams:

>>Mechanical Engineering.

>>Electrical Engineering.

>>Civil Engineering.

>>Electronics and Communication Engineering.

So the best stream for a production engineer to give Indian Engineering Services exam is Mechanical engineering as most of the subjects will match.

The age limit for IES is 21-30 years. Relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

There is no limitation on number of attempts for candidates of any category.

Examination pattern:

The first paper is of General Ability test. After that two objective papers consisting of questions from your engineering stream is conducted. Further two conventional papers of 300 marks each along with duration of three hours is conducted.

The last date for IES 2015 online application was 10/04/2015.

For previous years papers or any more details, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2017, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can production engineer fill UPSC forms of Mechanical engineering? What's the eligibility criteria?

Hello, may I known that after doing my diploma in production engineering,if,can I do aerospace engineering in iist,if not what are the prospects to do aerospace engineering in iist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?