10th August 2010, 12:20 AM
viveksangwan

CDS after t.y.b.com

i cmpleted my graduation dis year...n i want to appear for CDS...im from mumbai...
can sumone plz guide me?? thnx

10th August 2010, 02:35 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CDS after t.y.b.com

Hello friend,

CDS (Common Defence Service) exam is conducted by UPSC. Through CDS examination, you may join defence forces depending upon your qualification and interest.

The eligiblity required to write the CDS exam are as follows.

IMA(Indian Military Academy) - Degree of a recognised university
The minimum eligible age is 19 years whereas the maximum age limit is 24

Naval Academy - B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
The minimum eligible age is 19 years and the maximum age limit is 22 years.

Air Force Academy- Degree of a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at +2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.
The eligible age limit is 19-23 years.

The application form is obtainable from designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices.

For more information, visit www.upsc.gov.in
10th August 2010, 05:43 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Combined Defence Service exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year for recruitment to office cadre of the Army, Navy and Air force. CDS exam is conducted generally in the months of May and October.

Candidates qualifying the written test are interviewed by the Service Selection Board and if finally selected, depending upon the choice given by the candidates and their merit list ranking, are sent to one of the following institutes for orientation training:
(a) Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
(b) Naval Academy, Goa
(c) Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
(d) Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai

Those joining the first three institutes get permanent commission, however cadets passing out of OTA get short service commission. Applicants are required to mention their preferences while filling up the application forms.

Eligibility for CDS examination

Educational Qualifications:
For IMA /OTA : A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
For Air Force Academy: B.Sc. of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.

For IMA: Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
For Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding; the year of examination.
For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
For Officers Training Academy: Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.

For more details you can visit the following websites:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
http://www.indicareer.com/competitive-exams/CDS.html
11th August 2010, 03:19 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,

Yes you can give this CDS test but you are only eligible for IMA and Officers Training Academy , not for others.
So try for it.
17th August 2010, 04:19 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveksangwan View Post
i cmpleted my graduation dis year...n i want to appear for CDS...im from mumbai...
can sumone plz guide me?? thnx
Dear friend,
For CDS there is one written exam and you have to clear that exam only then you will get call for SSB or we can say for your GD and PI round.
So start preparing from today if you are looking forward for your future in army.
you can even consult last 10 years paper book of CDS.
This will help you a lot.
Regards
Shagun
30th November 2010, 11:07 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

you can take CDS which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.CDS1st conducts in mid february & CDS 2nd conducts in september for more information visit-www.carrierairforce.nic
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?