29th September 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Which course is better between B.Tech and B.Arch?

which is better b tech or b arch.
i am in big confusion.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get a seat in Civil/Architecture after securing 62 in B.Tech and 33 in B.Arch in Meghalaya?
  2. B.Arch course is good for future? Next level after doing B.Arch?
  3. What is the qualification for B.Arch? I have completed diploma in civil engineering
  4. Entrance exams and their eligibility criteria for admission in B.Arch.?
  5. Minimum marks required in JEE Main Paper-II(B.Arch) to get admission? Which is better to study among B.Tech and B.Arch? -- [New]
  6. Admission in any NIT after scoring 59545 AIR in AIEEE and 2686 state rank in OBC?
  7. Results for B.Tech and B.Arch applied together or separate in AIEEE?
  8. How to prepare for NATA / AIEEE (BArch)? Coaching centers in Delhi to prepare for the same?
  9. Various Scholarships for B.Tech. students?
  10. Cost of aieee form?
  11. Is it possible to get admission for B.Architecture after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  12. How much rank is required in COMEDK after scoring 121 in NATA and 64% in 12th? Can I expect to get admission?
  13. Maximum and minimum cutoff marks for B.Arch in Anna University and Anna University affiliated colleges? Colleges in which I could get after scoring 287.6 marks? List of top 10 architecture colleges in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Changing the course in AIEEE? I selected both B.E/B.TECH AND B.ARCH/B.PLANNING by mistake
  15. Qualification required to join M.E? I have done diploma in computer technology
  16. How to cancel AIEEE online registration form?
  17. Solved papers for AIEEE BArch exam?
  18. Which are the exams that I have to answer to enter in B.Arch?
29th September 2011, 10:39 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better between B.Tech and B.Arch?

both B.Tech and B.Arch are very good course. but you have to choose one according to your interest as well as your performance.

B.tech is bachelor of technology. it mainly deals with technology field. if you are strong in mathematics and physics then you may choose it as your career option. you have to study totally based on technology.

B.Arch is bachelor of Architecture. it is also related to technology but mainly it deals with designing part of architecture. to become a good architecture you must be a good designer. if you like physics mathematics as well as designing then go for architecture. if you become a very good architect then scope and opportunity and scope will be very high for you.

now you have to decide in which field you have more interest and in which way you want to go.

best of luck.
29th September 2011, 05:39 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
B.tech and B.Arch both the courses are good..
You should go for a field in which you have more interest..

If you have interest in technical field then you should go for B.tech course..
After completion of this course you can get a very good technical job..

And if you have interest in Architecture field, then you can go for B.Arch..
You will get a job in construction company, to design the architecture of a house, office and bridge.

So, both the courses are in huge demand and has high future prospect..
But , I suggest you to go for a field in which you have more interest..
All the best.
29th September 2011, 07:08 PM
vijayreddyagnal

my friend dont be confused in choosing course between Btech and Barch.
because its in your hand in which area you are more interested and perfect..
and when it comes to choosing in course both are good and even no need to worry about placement,now it is left to you to choose the course.
all the best for your future
29th September 2011, 07:58 PM
abhaymehtapower2011

1.B.Arch. could be the better choice at the present situation in India.

2.You'll have a lot of competition for IT, especially since half of India seems to think that's the ticket to a job. It is not! Market glutted, and Indians who worked overseas are being sent home as jobs dwindle. They are not cheap enough on world markets. E.g. it is now cheaper to hire an American citizen to work in a US based call center than to hire an Indian in an Indian call center. Some garment industry work is returning to US because India, China, etc, either the quality is too poor or the costs are too high.

For architecture, you need talent and vision as well as expertise. If you do not have a real passion and love for it, you cannot be successful. For IT, you have to really love the work to be the best. And only the best now have a chance. Second string = no jobs. Too much competition.

You need to think about what you really can do and like to do. Because going where the money is means by the time you get there, everyone else got in ahead of you and there's no more money in it.
29th September 2011, 09:33 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

You can not compare B-Tech with B-Arch as both are different from each other in many aspects, well both are engineering programme.

The scope of each course is far different from each other, where B-Tech programme is typically related to engineering and its various application. B-Tech covers very broad apllication of technology ranging from Electonic, Communication, Civil Engineering, Chemical engineering to Computer Engineering and Nanotechnology, biotechnology.

Other than this B-Arch or bachelor of Architecture is typically related to designing and planning of various construction activities.

As stated earlier, both are engineering degree programme and have different scope from each other but still both are having bright future and has ever increasing demand.
29th September 2011, 09:36 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Which course is better between B.Tech and B.Arch?

You can not compare B-Tech with B-Arch as both are different from each other in many aspects, well both are engineering programme.

The scope of each course is far different from each other, where B-Tech programme is typically related to engineering and its various application. B-Tech covers very broad apllication of technology ranging from Electonic, Communication, Civil Engineering, Chemical engineering to Computer Engineering and Nanotechnology, biotechnology.

Other than this B-Arch or bachelor of Architecture is typically related to designing and planning of various construction activities.

As stated earlier, both are engineering degree programme and have different scope from each other but still both are having bright future and has ever increasing demand.
29th September 2011, 09:49 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Both are completely different.
If you go for B.tech then you can choose the following streams:-
1. ECE
2. CSE
3. IT
4. EE
5. IC
6. EI
7. ME etc.
But in case of B.Arch you can only go for Architecture.
Therefore it depends on your interest.
Choose as per your interest is concerned.
All the very best.
23rd October 2011, 05:24 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in big confusion.
hiii friend...here i can help you.....both the courses btech and barch are good courses.........if you have interest in technical field ....then go for btech.....if you have interest in architecture and desighning field then go for barch..............both the courses have good demand in india..........if you get seat in IIT'S or NIT's.....then go for btech course.............
5th December 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

can i opt for interior designing under b arch or btech?
6th December 2011, 02:15 AM
nida shakeel

Hello, It depends on your interest whether you want to do b.arch or b.tech. If you compare both of them, b.arch and b.tech both have a good scope and can be a good career option in today world. However, it depends on your capability as well if you are good in drawing or engineering, so that in future you can select the profession accordingly.Thanks
6th December 2011, 10:08 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
both the field are good. The major difference between the two is that in bachelor of engineering degree there are many disciplines whereas bachelor in architecture is a particular discipline.
Architecture is a field where you will be dealing with the design of interior and exterior of the building. Managing and utilise the space available in a efficient manner. They do not study about the loads acting on the structure. Architecture is related to the civil engineering. The duration of the course is 5 years. Lot of imagination is required
In engineering field each discipline has their own nature of work. Civil engineering has more of construction work. Computer engineering and information technology needs software knowledge. In the similar manner there are about 45 engineering discipline. The duration of course is 4 years . All the best
6th December 2011, 02:59 PM
jayparikh

Quote:
i am in big confusion.
HI,

B.Tech and B.Arch both are cream course and are very much in vogue.

you can go in any of them , you will surely have bright future.

you have consider only your interest , rest all other factors like salary,opportunities etc. are same in both the fields.

best of luck.
25th May 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

which has more scope and salary between b.tech and b.arch
26th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

what will be the salary package in B.Arch after completing it and also in future?
26th July 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the salary package in B.arch after completing it or in future?
18th August 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i have interest in technology as well as desighns also. i can do both of them. but i am confused what should i choose for my secured future?
30th March 2013, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

hello,guys just help me,cause my father is not going to me taking b.arch.
They said there is no scope in b.arch.and you should take b.tech for software inng. there is so scope.......even in income......
But i have interest in designing and not so much in soft inng.
i want to convence them just tell me how...???????
1st May 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

top colleges for B.Arch/ B. Plan
20th June 2013, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

to b an architect on which subjects i should pay attention more
7th March 2014, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

what is b.arch and what is its scope? which is better either chemical engineering or production engineering?
8th April 2014, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

as i m girl so i m confused in arch. and engg i lik both. in engg i lik civil nd EC branch.
but i clear the exm of arch.
i wnt to ask tht in which field shud i m having a guranty of getting a sucess or job .
nd other qus is tht thr also a placement in arch field.is thr any compny of arch.
9th April 2014, 02:57 PM
gayatrirajput

Quote:
i am in big confusion.
I think B arch is better than B tech.as now a days, their is very much crowd of students for B tech and job opportunities are less.
18th April 2014, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

i would like to know whether Bpharm or Barch is good for a girl...,.....my family is an orthodox type....they r not allowing me to take b arch....and i am intrested in it than in b pharm....
wat should i do know???
12th May 2015, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Hi,my daughter is confused between BPharma nd B Arch ,she has interest in BPharma but since there is no scope in it she she is confused as it is said that BPharma is a chemist pls suggest
12th May 2015, 07:34 PM
venkatesh1435

Hi,

1)B.tech and B.Arch both the courses are good..

2)B.Arch. could be the better choice at the present situation in India.

3)You should go for a field in which you have more interest..

4)If you have interest in technical field then you should go for B.tech course..

5)After completion of this course you can get a very good technical job..

6)And if you have interest in Architecture field, then you can go for B.Arch..

7)You will get a job in construction company, to design the architecture of a house, office and bridge.

As stated earlier, both are engineering degree program-me and have different scope from each other but still both are having bright future and has ever increasing demand.

Good Luck...
13th May 2015, 02:20 PM
miss u

My dear friend both are most wanted degrees now but both has there own values b.tech is based on computer software engineering and whereas b.arch is based on engineering in consturctions so tou can go with any one because both are engineering and have a best scope for your future take your own choice which is comfortable for you.
All the best
Hope you ll choose the best for you.
31st July 2015, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I m stuck in making a decision between b.arch in Jmi and prospering for b.tech electronic in Jmi for 1 more year I have secured just 69 marks in Jee mains and in CBSE boards 84 in maths 89 in physics and 96 in chemistry and my drawing skills r good but not in imagination type of drawing....
Help me plz I m stuck greatly.
1st April 2016, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Which has better scope in terms of campus placement and salaries-b.tech or b.arch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?