24th August 2011, 12:11 PM
Yadav Mukesh

Which course is better between CIVIL and ECE engineering?

Which could be the best course among civil and ece to get job easily and earn more among both?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is better between CIVIL and ECE engineering?
  2. Can I give UPSC Engineering Service Exam being a computer engineer? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which specialization of B.Tech has more demand among Civil Engineering, IT, CSE and ECE?
  4. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  5. Is it possible to take M.Tech Civil engineering after doing B.Tech in ECE?
  6. Is Civil Engineering suitable for Girls? Should I go for it or some other branch?
  7. Can I do M.Tech in Civil after B.Tech in ECE? -- [New]
  8. Is Civil Engineering suitable for Girls? I have completed my 12th standard
  9. Which course is better between Civil Engineering and ECE as per job security?
  10. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil?
  11. How many subjects are available for B.Tech students in india
  12. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  13. Top 10 engineering colleges for ECE, CSE, IT, Mech, Aeronautical, Civil in Hyderabad?
  14. How much rank should a SC candidate need to get in EAMCET to get seat in JNTU?
  15. Which course has a better job opportunity between Civil, ECE, Computers after 4 years?
  16. Can I appear for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of ECE?
  17. Is it possible to study MS in America through GRE and TOEFL if pursue B.Tech in CSE/EEE/Civil Engineering/ECE?
  18. How to do correspondence B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing diploma in Civil Engineering
24th August 2011, 01:01 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better between CIVIL and ECE engineering?

Both courses are evergreen and are having ample of opportunities. The stream you choose depends upon your interest . your Interest plays a crucial role in deciding your career option.

But when compared to Civil you can go for ECE because through ECE you can go for both IT field and Core side.

But in placements for IT companies CIVIL engineering students are having less chance to be selected,
24th August 2011, 01:10 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear about the is that both are good on there parts sepratly only difference is that no.jobs are more for civil in psu's then for the ECE for the comptetion is also not much but in the ECE compatetion is very much you have so i will say civil is better than ECE
ok
24th August 2011, 01:25 PM
justwaitalok

Smile Re: Which course is better between CIVIL and ECE engineering?

Civil engg. Is the best b'coz our country is developing its infrastrucural view and its a ever green just like mechanical.
Mechanical branch is the royal branch, b'coz it stands its priority in every industries. I.e. Production,transportation,manufacturing, project sites, .....etc.
24th August 2011, 01:28 PM
S.A.D.H.A.N

Smile Re: Which course is better between CIVIL and ECE engineering?

hell mukesh yadav.
myself being civil engg. i would say that both the streams are different and have there own scope and their importance.
initially it all depends on your own interest on choosing weather ece or civil.
for the records ece have good scope in govt sector as well as the private sector i.e IT sector like tata consultancy, cts, infy, wipro etc
but in my opinion there would be a big competition if u want to apply for the govt jobs if u were a ECE. as in my case as i have friends in ece department no one got selected in core of there subject in campus placements. even subjects ec are bit tough.

coming to civil engineering, its the best i would say cuz its scope is huge. even the subjects we learn are day to day which we watch in our daily life. so easy to grasp. if u want to apply for govt jobs there would be very less competition too.

all the very best.. but lastly take the course which u desire
24th August 2011, 02:06 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
See, it is not easy to compare between to core branches like-Civil and Electronics and communication..
Both the branches are good, and has bright future prospect...
Civil engineering is a core branch, sometimes it is called as ever green branch, because the market of the civil engineering will never goes down..As our country is in developing stage, so, to develop a countries infrastructure we need civil engineers , that is why new construction companies are opening day by day , so the job opportunity for civil engineers after few years will be very high...
Now, speaking about ECE branch, it is a branch from where you can go in any field..
You can apply for core technical jobs , you can apply for Software sector, You can apply for govt. jobs...
So, both the branches are good at their own field..
Now it is depends upon your interest in which field you wants to go..
All the best..
24th August 2011, 02:24 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
See, it is not easy to compare between to core branches like-Civil and Electronics and communication..
Both the branches are good, and has bright future prospect...
Civil engineering is a core branch, sometimes it is called as ever green branch, because the market of the civil engineering will never goes down..As our country is in developing stage, so, to develop a countries infrastructure we need civil engineers , that is why new construction companies are opening day by day , so the job opportunity for civil engineers after few years will be very high...
Now, speaking about ECE branch, it is a branch from where you can go in any field..
You can apply for core technical jobs , you can apply for Software sector, You can apply for govt. jobs...
So, both the branches are good at their own field..
Now it is depends upon your interest in which field you wants to go..
All the best..
27th September 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Civil or ece which one is better for a average student?
31st May 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

which cource is better among eece[dual degree] in iit kharagpur and civil[b tech] in iit bombay
10th June 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

IS CIVIL ENGINEERING SUITABLE FOR GIRLS ?
4th June 2013, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

civil enginreering suitable for girls or not?
29th June 2013, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

i have 170 cutt off which is the best for girls eceor civil
13th June 2014, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Hi people I'm really in a great dilemma to choose between the two streams that is civil or ece.
What should I opt? Like in my future I want to build up my own business or any setup regarding my knowledge with the stream. I may sound immature but I actually don't want to do a job. Lastly I wanna say ..I want to do big in life. What stream ? Plz do tell me fast..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?