22nd March 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

i would like to know difference between computer science & engineering(cse) and electronics and communication engineering(ece) in detail and which one has the better scope in future...

23rd March 2011, 09:42 AM
krupadesai

Default Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

Computer Engineering & Electronics Engineering both are related to each other.

But, considering the recession scenario one can say that Computer Engineering is not an evergreen branch while Electronic Engineering is an evergreen branch.

Firstly, it depends on your passion, interest & innate talent which field to opt for. If you are comfortable with electronic circuits, chips & study of physics, ECE is a good option & vice versa.

Even with ECE, if you have knowledge of computer science it will be an additional advantage in getting hired to a good company.

So, choice is yours, you can opt anyone as per your desire.
23rd March 2011, 01:04 PM
Niklesh92

Default Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

hey CSE is all abt programming and ECE is abt electronics...both hve a gud scope..all d best..
23rd March 2011, 03:31 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiiii Friend,

ECE means Electronics & Communication Engineering and CSE means Computer Science Engineering.

Both ECE & CSE are better & having more scope in future.

In Computer Science Engineering, we learn about Computer programming languages & techniques.

In Electronics & Communication Engineering, we learn about electronics devices.

Both ECE & CSE candidates can apply in below mentioned following industries / companies: -

1. NTPC
2. BHEL
3. BALCO
4. SAIL
5. NSPCL ....... etc.

Good Luck & All the Best
23rd March 2011, 05:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Both these course have good scope. One deals in fully in the computer field like software and hardware while the other is into both electronic and also communication like telecom sector, banking sector etc. You need to decide which suits you the most. You will be able to perform well only if you are interested in that field. You can seek counselling too for this purpose.
23rd March 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

shold i opt for a telecom job or a software job?iam a ece student
24th March 2011, 01:04 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

Well, you can make out the difference by simple reading the names.

1.Computer Science Engineering(CSE):

The CSE field is related to everything which connects one to computers.
From Hardware, to software.From Microprocessors, to micro controller.
I mean it includes all the knowledge one can gain about computers.
So this technical field is totally COMPUTERS. people who think have much interest in the technology related to computers and have the power to face some stiff competition from peers should opt for this field of Engineering.

2.Electronics and Telecommunication(ECE):

This field of engineering ranges from microwave to satellite communication.
From embedded systems to power controlled systems.
Everything around is be it computers or the Television, Music System or the mobile phone are all electronic gadgets.
So ECE engineers work towards their development.

So for eg, you can say while the ECE engineers develop the hardware fr mobile phones such as its PCB(Motherboard), the CSE engineers give life to it(Software).

I hope it gives you an idea about the same.
29th March 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

which gives more salary and easy to finish
7th April 2011, 11:46 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii,, ECE is enjoyable to learn as i am from EC and i even CSE is fun too i am learning too.
8th April 2011, 01:00 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which gives more salary and easy to finish
-> It all depends upon on which course you are interested in either ECE or CSE

-> CSE will be more of programming subjects and ECE will be more of electronics and circuits based subjects.

-> Both the course is not easy if you are not interested in it.. So try to join in the course which you are interested in.

-> ECE course as a added benefit that you can either join in electronics core company or in a IT software company.

-> Both courses provides jobs with decent salary.

-> Just pick the course which you are interested in and surely you will be shining in your future...
8th April 2011, 10:53 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

Don't worry about the best branch among the CSE and ECE..

first know about CSE and ECE

then decide which field to be chosen

CSE

Computer Science Engineering

as the name suggests its totally related to computers

its very easy seat to get during the admission..

its a colorful branch..in every engineering college CSE is known for its unity and diversity..

life with CSE will be really good..

in any college ..

coming to studies

the course consists of many variety of subjects in the first year you will have the combo of many groups

which includes Electronics electricals and IT and so on

from the second year the main thing will be started that is

your core subjects

you will have some subjects like

programming languages

theory subjects

and some management subjects in the middle

and the career options will be very wider

if you go with higher studies you can do M.tech or MS and also you can go with management stream

and come to jobs there are many and also very exciting career oriented jobs

this is all about life with CSE

ECE

Electronics and Communication Engineering..

it is a very tempting stream for young guns

it is known for its popularity all its prestige is because ..

it has multiple career opportunities if you complete this degree ...

your subjects will be highly related to electronics and some technical terms

and the higher studies as discussed above..

jobs are more compared to CSE students..

this is the main things in both the streams..

best wishes

~aditya~
8th April 2011, 09:01 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,

But, considering the recession scenario one can say that Computer Engineering is not an evergreen branch while Electronic Engineering is an evergreen branch.

Firstly, it depends on your passion, interest & innate talent which field to opt for. If you are comfortable with electronic circuits, chips & study of physics, ECE is a good option & vice versa.

Even with ECE, if you have knowledge of computer science it will be an additional advantage in getting hired to a good company.

Thanks
8th April 2011, 10:39 PM
kartavya99

both are different field. an ec engineer can be enetr in ce field but an cs engineer cant.

ec engineer has wide scope.
10th May 2011, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Which one IT or ECE has a better scope in future?
11th May 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i think i cant frame programs on my own in 12 th computerscience subject so worried if i choose cse in college i will be able 2 develop programming skill
14th May 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

is there a study of any languages in ece? if yeshow it is different from cse
17th May 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

which one has high salary?
18th May 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

in btech which branch is better in future?
18th May 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

in btech which branch is better in future
19th May 2011, 12:50 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Computer Science Engineering (CSE) and Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE) have diffrent career prospects, applications and both are diffrent branches of modern engineering.

CSE is related to IT technology, its application and implementations whereas ECE is related to modern application of electronics technology, study of building blocks of electronic circuits, developing material based electronic devices, modern communication devices, etc.

If we talk about future of these branches than both are equally important for a developed or developing economy but still students are more addicted to ECE, i don't know why..
25th May 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

i am intersted in cse. is cse a nice branch or ece is nice branch at present and also for future. plz tell me
29th May 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

but as i highly interested in hardware as well as software prototype, what should be my preference such that when i complete one, i have something professional (just more than basic) !dea of other stream.no matter, how complicated it going to be................................................ .................................................. .................
6th June 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I m getting ECE in VIT,Vellore, NIT/Durgapur and BITS Pilani Hyderabad campus. Where to join? I m confused?--- Bipul Prasad, [email protected]
11th June 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya99 View Post
both are different field. An ec engineer can be enetr in ce field but an cs engineer cant.

Ec engineer has wide scope.
i dont think so... Respected group guy has his own skill...!!! No one can become as good as other group guy!
11th June 2011, 11:37 PM
ajitvsiit

Dear friend
CSE is completely software stream.
You have to learn different types of programming languages as well as computer related study.

Opportunity- now a days craze of cse has decreased as cources like BCA and MCA has filled its need to a great extent.
Now many copanies prefare them than a computer engineer as mca bca students are ready to join job at low cost.
However there are many companies who prefare en engineer.
So no doubt there is job oppotunity available for you as coputer engineer but little less as earlier.

ECE- It is infact the stream in which we totaly study about different electronics circuits and electronics instruments.
We also study few software which are needed for our communication system and related programmings.

OPPORTUNITY- It has a great future, especially in foriegn. You have a better chance of job in technology developed countries like china and japan.
It has also good job opportunity in india but little bit less as india has fery few electronics intrument designing company.

So it now depends upon your interest and type of job you want to opt your stream.
13th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

how to find interest in a course
16th June 2011, 05:26 PM
sachin6

Cse is related to computer field. Ece is related to electronics and communication field. Definitely ece has a great scope because it has job opporunities more at anytime. ECE IS BEST.
17th June 2011, 05:56 PM
kartavya99

Quote:
i would like to know difference between computer science & engineering(cse) and electronics and communication engineering(ece) in detail and which one has the better scope in future...
all branch is best for defferent person. it is all about one's interest. cse is about software while ece is for hardware.
30th June 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

is theire is any advance reasearch in ece & cse
can anybody tell me that ece is become a dynamic branch for india
5th July 2011, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

cse have scope
12th July 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

which branch is better for me i got below 1000 in eamcet and 20000 in aieee ece or cse?
15th July 2011, 10:20 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
-> It all depends upon on which course you are interested in either ECE or CSE

-> CSE will be more of programming subjects and ECE will be more of electronics and circuits based subjects.

-> Both the course is not easy if you are not interested in it.. So try to join in the course which you are interested in.

-> ECE course as a added benefit that you can either join in electronics core company or in a IT software company.

-> Both courses provides jobs with decent salary.

-> Just pick the course which you are interested in and surely you will be shining in your future...

thanks
26th July 2011, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

if we opt ece in b.tech and suppose if we select in it then it wil be a problem in programing then how can an ece hav a gr8 future obviously CSE hav a gr8 scope ................................
1st August 2011, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

hi..
I want to know how much we can earn after cmpltion of b.tech course (ECE) from a indraprasth university's colege..?
4th August 2011, 12:05 AM
Nuff EXP to answer.

Cool Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

I see, many people consider ECE as a better career option, over CSE, as supposedly(and to some extent in fact truly) ECE seems to offer multiple career opportunities with a general myth being that an EC Engineer can work as a CS Engineer and not vice-versa, without understanding the more subtle and real-life facts. Typically these people are either from neither of these fields, or have limited knowledge among themselves to actually understand, evaluate and answer this question.

ECE and CSE are related fields in the same way as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are all related as Science subjects, and you are asking which is a better or more important subject?

Both ECE and CSE have their perks, merits, advantages and definitely some disadvantages, career-wiser, in India.

Consider the fact that a good Physics teacher/student requires quite a bit of Mathematical know-how in order to be a good Physics teacher/student, as Physics presents problems that can only be solved by Mathematics.

Simply because a Physics teacher can do Mathematics, doesn't mean that all Mathematics teachers lose their jobs, and the Physics teachers take over the world of Mathematics teaching. However, for small jobs such as teaching basic elementary calculus and vectors, the Physics teachers are more than enough. Even, many Physics teachers double as Mathematics teacher till the Higher Secondary Education level, in India. However, for all advanced instances of study in Mathematics, and researches it has therein, students of Mathematics are required to pursue Mathematics and hardly any Physics student is able to go into it technically as they lack the necessary advanced Mathematics skills. Physics needs mathematics, but only in a more superficial way, as a tool to solve problems in Physics. The improvement of/and solution to real world Mathematical problems(such as statistical classification of levels of economic strength in a population, studying the randomness of a particular gene in a region or, to put it more hardcore, a more traditional solution to some chaos theory problems that help determine patterns in nature) cannot be solved by a Physics student. It is typically done by a Mathematics student.

Similarly, an EC Engineer has the knowledge of Assembly-level programming, some embedded programming, etc. that helps them develop drivers(a Software that enables a Computer to communicate with the Hardware) for the light/medium levels of complex Hardware that they manufacture themselves, without bothering a CS Engineer, who doesn't have a first-hand knowledge of the newly built piece of electronics, that didn't exist prior to the EC Engineers inventing it. The EC Engineers solves the Driver making, and proceeds to send the Hardware(say, a Optical drive similar to a Blu-Ray drive or DVD-RW drive, but a newer form of technology) to the CSE department, that then grant the electronic device certain abilities and properties by "Programming" it(such as making it read data from a Optical Disc, write Data to a Disc etc.) and writing relevant Software for it, utilizing the basic driver written by the EC Engineers. This saves time and is economically feasible.

However, if the EC Engineers made a heavy piece of equipment, say a very advanced form of Music system, that is very complex in nature, the CS Engineers are required to create its drivers as well as its Software, as the tools/programming language skills necessary to manage the complex system, is generally beyond the EC Engineers.

Thus, both are inter-related and work in cooperation. Without the electronic Hardware, the Software couldn't exist, just as much as any electronic Hardware that existed couldn't function without its Software.

Now, coming to the job part. Yes, since ECE students are by nature required to know basic Programming skills, it translates into hiring of lesser number of CSE students, since one wonders, if EC Engineer can write his own code, the coder required to write it for him no longer exists, hence fewer jobs? But, then you must realize that even if CS Engineers were hired to do such "simple" jobs, it would not be feasible economically. Knowing a bit of coding is required for the EC Engineer to solve simple obstacles for their Hardware, just as the Physics teacher requires to know a bit of Mathematics to solve his Physics problems. For every simple task if the Physics teacher required a Mathematician's aid then things wouldn't be efficient, naturally.

However, it is also true that EC Engineers can branch into S/W field. But it is not at all for the Higher level jobs that are typically offered to CS Engineers. EC Engineers can play simple roles as a CS Engineer as a substitute for a job that would require an expertise of MCA level, which is definitely shallower compared to a CS Engineer's expertise in the Software field and equal to that of the EC Engineer's. Thus, it means that an EC Engineer can have a job as CS Engineer, but with a lesser salary, typically with the likes of an MCA student.

Finally, the MCA Riddle. Yes, lacs of students pursue and complete MCA, but the job prospect for them is not at all anything in the Software field compared to hardcore CSE jobs. They are employed, if at all, for a much lesser salary, and for relatively simpler tasks, for which it would be unwise to hire a CS Engineer, as they demand more salary, irrespective of the difficulty level of the job. They can show this attitude, because they are considered to have the highest, and specialized knowledge in their field - CSE. Similarly, theoretically, the physics and electronics that a CSE student comes to learn during his study, can easily allow him to find employment in lower level Electronics job market, that could otherwise be filled with Electronics/Physics graduates(who have B.Sc. in Electronics/Physics or M.Sc. in Electronics/Physics) but then again the salary issue occurs - the salary for that particular job for the CS Engineer would be low, as the job doesn't require much special skill. EC Engineers, typically do not go for those jobs, as the pay is low, and job being simpler, typically Electronics/Physics graduates fill these positions, just as MCA/BCA/Computer Science graduates fill the lower level Software jobs.

Thus, we learn that both the fields are related to each other, and typically each could rule out the other, but at the cost of sacrificing the salary as none are specialized to take absolute charge of the others' field, and get paid as a specialist in that field.

Both are modern subjects, and dominate every aspect of the modern life.

Therefore, if you must choose one between ECE and CSE, choose it based on your strengths in the subjects each of them covers and your general love/knack towards either of them. Lastly, if you are a very good engineer in any field, be it ECE, CSE, EEN(Electrical), MEN(Mechanical), CEN(Civil), CHMN(Chemical) or in any other branch that I might have missed out, you will always find a job. And, if you are not a good engineer, it will be difficult to maintain a good one, irrespective of the subject you choose and no matter how "EVER-GREEN" the Job-market is for that field.

All the best. Give your best, and hope for the best.
29th August 2011, 02:56 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
These both are different fields of engineering.Both the branches having so much scope at present.
The computer science branch is very good for them who have interest in computer.So its the best option for them.You can learn so many languages,khnowledge about hardware and networking also.Computer science branch having microprocessor,database also.So its a very good branch for future refrence.
The other one is electronics and communication.If you have interest in technology then its the best option for you.some field are include like embedded system,power control system.There is so much scope for this branch.

So you can choose any one in between both of them.Its depend on your interest.

All the best.
29th August 2011, 07:58 PM
saugata2008

Both ECE and CSE are good.

CSE is repleted to computer fields and softwares , languages etc.........

ECE related to semiconductor , communication , VLSI, microprocessor etc.......

Both have opportunities in future.

Now it depends on you ,in which you are interested more .

thank you
17th September 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

hi,ece is a wide scope.all d best
20th October 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

i completed btech(cse) on 2010 batch. i have to shift electronics side, means i have to join course in vlsi. please tell me in my branch dis is best in future r not.
23rd April 2012, 12:42 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
i completed btech(cse) on 2010 batch. i have to shift electronics side, means i have to join course in vlsi. please tell me in my branch dis is best in future r not.
Dear friend,

As you have completed your B.Tech with CSE branch and now you are interested in VLSI. yes, it has good scope in future. For this you can do M.Tech in VLSI.

thank you
Best wishes
8th June 2012, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

which is best ece r cse?
29th June 2012, 04:11 PM
tanveersandhu

well my dear friend scope of both CSE and ECE is good. They are wonderful trades. CSE is mainly related with computers and stuff such as software, hardware, programming languages etc. But ECE is related to Electronics and stuff such as diodes, resistors etc. They further results into mobiles, TVs etc. so its your interest which will select the trade for you. I think i am pretty much clear with the information that i have provided. Thank You.
25th July 2012, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Realy sir, what xplanation u giv it makes me knowing good about ECE...itz realy wat i want to ask dt hw much use of softwere skills in ECE bt i cnt get ansed frm any1. am hrtly intersted in CSE bt i dont knw hw much Programing is hard in it? am crazy abt computers bt still dnt face wid Programing...so am lil bit cunfused! how some ppls get unbelivable package in FB,GOOGLE ? r they superminded? i also want govt job bt i hired dt cs hv nt more chance in it? plzzz suggest me abt Govt job & MNLs higher salary?
27th July 2012, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

why it branch din'd have any sxope
31st July 2012, 01:14 PM
abthar

Smile Re: Difference between CSE and ECE? Which one has a better scope in future?

Quote:
hi

CSE:

Computer science and engineering is a study to know about computer languages,mode of process,data interpretation,data exchange from one place to another,developing applications, software's,analyses of data,producing the results.

Task:Its a collection of componenets collection together to done a particular task:

ECE:

Electrical and Electronic Engineering is a study of how the electronic components to be develop to form a device

Devices are integrated by circuits,asssigned,to develop a kit called devices.
ECE is a study of how to develop,how to moderate,capacity of devices to form a device.

Hope this information helps you
31st July 2012, 08:32 PM
rch91

Quote:
As a fresh Student from School you may have this doubt,But the main thing to understand here is
"Electronics is the Mother of Computer Science"
You can either Opt ECE or CSE ,Both having Same Values in Job market
Once you selected ECE you will Study more Subjects on Electronics as well as Communication Systems,But you will Study only very few Subjects related to Computer Science.,This will not harm you when you search jobs in Software Companies as a fresher.,Many Software Companies will give Equal Preferences for ECE & CSE.
Even Telecommunication Industries giving equal Importance for both ECE & CSE.
The only Problem is if you are going further to Research Level your Under graduation comes to picture.,
At this Stage I Don't want to confuse you by taking you to research level..
My Kind Advice is Don't Confuse yourself" whether ECE or CSE is Best" Both are Best.,
Since you don't know what is what ,Please Keep this in mind and go further
1. find a good College where they are having all laboratory facilities (This Information you can collect from old Students of that College)
2. Find whether the College has good teaching Faculties
2a. Confirm Campus Placements are available.,How many Students are getting placed per year through Campus placements.
3. Join either ECE or CSE
4.Study well & Get Good Percentage of marks.

Let me give you a simple idea so that you can choose your stream:

ECE stands for Electronics and Communication Engineering. Here you will study everything from circuits to antennas. This is similar to your physics subject in +2.Whereas CSE stands for Computer Science Engineering. Here you master the art of computer programming. My advice is better choose your area of interest and pick your course with out any dilemma. Don't worry about markets, current recession etc. If you have the potential you will excel no matter what happens.

Choose the best one for yourself.
20th August 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i hav opted for ece but every one are saying ece people hav scope in abroad in india cse has good future.. so,iam confused that which one i hav to opt for
27th August 2012, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Every body said both (ECE & CSE) are good subject. Not clear which is better ?
Khairul/Bangladesh
16th September 2012, 11:38 AM
jyotsana d

Quote:
Every body said both (ECE & CSE) are good subject. Not clear which is better ?
Khairul/Bangladesh
Dear friend,

Both actually have equal importance as they are from totally different fields.to choose one out of two also depends on your interest as CSE has coding in different language, software testing etc and ECE has electronics and also related to computer science somewhat like C, C++ language.
Coming to good future, see if you want to go abroad for further studies in same branch then go for ECE otherwise CSE has awesome scope in India.
Now, it totally depends on your interest and comfortability with subject and your future plans.

thank you
Best wishes
16th December 2012, 12:28 AM
ashis.career

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?