25th August 2019, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Which course do I need to do to become a Journalist?

Hi, I want to become a Journalist. So, which course do I need to study in Journalism? From where can I do that courses in Journalism? Their admission criteria and application procedure? Is there any entrance? Please, let me know about all such entrance examination available for Journalism.

31st August 2019, 12:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course do I need to do to become a Journalist?

To become journalist, it is best to pursue bachelor degree in journalism. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have English as main subject. The admission procedure varies with institutions.

So, in std 12th you can pursue any stream. After B.A in journalism you can pursue master as well for better opportunities and practice journalism.
31st August 2019, 09:25 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course do I need to do to become a Journalist?

There are many courses which you can pursue to become Journalist. I have mentioned below the list of those courses.
  • Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication (DJMC) – 2 yrs
  • Diploma in Journalism (DJ) – 1 yr
  • Bachelor in Journalism (B.J) – 3 yrs
  • Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) – 3 yrs
  • B.A. with Mass Media – 3 yrs
  • BA in Journalism and Communication Studies
  • B.Sc in Mass Communication and Journalism
  • B.Sc in Mass Communication, Journalism and Advertising
  • B.A. with Journalism – 3 yrs
  • B.A. in script writing – 3 yrs
  • BA in Convergent Journalism
  • Bachelor in Media Science

And some of the decent colleges for pursuing Journalism courses are mentioned below.
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM)
Bangalore / Bengaluru , Karnataka

Jagan Nath University, Jaipur
Jaipur , Rajasthan

Pearl Academy, Mumbai
Mumbai , Maharashtra

Pearl Academy, Delhi
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Institute of Technology And Management (ITM), Dehradun
Dehradun , Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal

Asian Academy of Film & Television
Noida , Delhi NCR

NRAI School of Mass Communication, Management & Technology - New Delhi
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Shanti Business School
Ahmedabad , Gujarat

Apar India Institute Of Management And Technology, Delhi
New Delhi , Delhi NCR

Admission Process
For getting admission to Journalism courses, you must have scored at least 50% marks in 10+2 (in any stream). Then, an entrance test would be conducted containing objective and subjective questions.

While objective questions will be from topics like English Language, Case Studies, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Popular Media, etc., subjective questions will be from Politics, Media issues, Social issues, English, etc.

After passing entrance test, you will have to qualify Personal Interview which is the final selection stage for Journalism course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?