5th January 2012, 11:02 PM
sunanda001

Which courses can I do pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

Sir I am a 2nd year student of b.tech in chemical engineering. Please suggest me the course that I can do.

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses can I do pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  2. List of short term courses available for an 2nd year B.Tech(EEE) candidates?
  3. Is it possible to study B.Tech Chemical Engineering after finishing B.Tech? I am doing B.Tech IT 2nd year
  4. List of Chemical related companies in Karnataka to do Summer Internship being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Chemical Engineering?
  5. How to apply for summer internship? I am a 2nd year B.E student pursuing engineering
  6. Which course I should do for my better future prospective? I am pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) with mechanical stream
  7. Which courses to opt after B.Tech?
  8. How should I transfer from one college to another in 2nd year for Chemical Engineering course? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I join industrial training at ONGC Dehradun after completing B.Tech 2nd year in chemical engineering?
  10. Recruitment exams to get job in PSU for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  11. Petrochemical Industries offering Summer Internship to B.E.(Chemical Engineering) 2nd year student? -- [New]
  12. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  13. What benefit I will get if study MS in USA being a B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) student?
  14. How to apply for summer internship at ONGC being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech?
  15. How to find a career in Forest Department other than by IFS Exam and IIFM being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Chemical Engineering?
  16. List of the top institutions offering summer training for 2nd year chemical engineering students? I am a student of 2nd year student of chemical engineering at NIT, Durgapur
  17. Am I eligible to apply for B.E.(Chemical Engineering) if pursuing 3 years diploma programme after completing 10th standard?
  18. Can I apply for IES exam while pursuing chemical engineering from UICET 1st year?
4th July 2012, 04:58 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which courses can I do pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

After completing the B.Tech in Chemical, you can opt for M.Tech degree in various courses related to Chemical. These courses include

Chemical Reaction Engineering

Chemical Plant Design

Coal Chemicals and Festilizers

Fluid Dynamics

Petroleum Exploration and Production

Polymer Science and Engineering

Process Dynamics and Controls

Technology of Vegetable Oils

To do M.Tech is any course after B.Tech in Chemical, you need to pass the GATE Exam.

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a entrance exam conducted for post graduate courses from IISc and IIT every year in February.

To be eligible for the GATE exam, candidates should have graduate degree in Engineering of 4 years after 10+2. You can also pursue PhD but it depends on your GATE exam marks.

If you are not interested in further studies in Engineering then MBA is a good option that you should consider. However to get admission you will have to pass the MAT or CAT exam with flying colors.

I should add that you can get job after completing B.Tech in Chemical therefore do not require further studies. But this purely depends on you.

Haldia Chemicals,ONGC are the front runner to hire Chemical engineers in India.

Companies related to Biotechnology, power production, chemical processes like polymerization, food processing, coal preparation etc also run after Chemical Engineers.
26th July 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which courses can I do pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

is there any good job after b.tech in chemical engg.
7th October 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

which shortterm course is suitable after completing chemical engineering ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?