18th October 2010, 08:20 PM
fedex

Courses in Game Development and Designing in India

i am a computer science student i want to go for gaming course after my engineering so will it be a good thing, if so what are the benefits of it?

20th October 2010, 01:19 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Courses in Game Development and Designing in India

There are lots of courses in Game Development and Designing in India.There are short term courses of 6 months like 3D studio max,Game programming basics which helps to create games for windows platform etc.This short term courses can be taken up by any graudates,10+2 or post graduates.The scope for game designing is indeed bright and afterall its an interesting field in which one can easily get involved even if they have a little interest in it.As we all know the computer and Game industry is getting bigger and bigger.Not only kids but the grown ups too getting involved in games these days.there are animation films which are on the rise.so we can see that a career in Game Designing or animation is really bright.jobs includes like game designer, Senior Level Designer, Level Designer, and Lead Animator,,game programmer etc.I am providing you a website where you can find more infomations,
http://www.designinindia.net,http://www.arena-multimedia.com.
21st October 2010, 06:10 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

yes there is a vast job opportunities in the field. designing computer game is very popular and good job as compared to mobile games. u can learn game designing from-ARENA ANIMATION,ANDHERI also job opportunities are always there in indiagames.com
21st October 2010, 06:38 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The development of technology opened up various new-fangled career options in India. Game Designing career is one among them. Game Designing engages designers to develop the content and rules of games. There are different courses which help to form different board games, video games or card games.
Some of the games designing courses offered in India are, Advanced Diploma in Game Design, Diploma in Game Design and Gaming, Video Game Design and Development Certification. The courses are offered by reputed institutes in India which include Colour-chips Animation Training Centre- Hyderabad, National Institute of Design-Ahmadabad, and Image College of Arts, Animation and Technology - Chennai, Digital Academy Film School- Mumbai and Asian Academy of Film and Television -Uttar Pradesh are some.
22nd January 2011, 12:57 PM
Maxsteel

Thare is very big Scope in gaming Sector as it has very High rate of growth. You can join the Gaming industry as Programmer, content writer, Game tester etc. For it the best institute will be ARENA. its website is http://www.arena-multimedia.com/
21st March 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

MindWorks
In India the scope is limited until and unless you are the best in it . Game Programmers are the highest paid programmers in the world . Take Ubisoft . It has a game development team of 50-60 / game and there are types of game programmers .the highest paid ones being Artificial Intelliginence programmer s .....u need to be good in physics and maths to start a career in this field
1st June 2011, 05:38 PM
SonalSinghal

In India both Game Development and Designing have wide scope. Short term of 6 months to degree courses are available, as per your convenience. These short term as well as degree courses can be taken up by any graudates,10+2 or post graduates.The scope for game designing is indeed bright and afterall its an interesting field in which one can easily get involved even if they have a little interest in it. As we all know the computer and Game industry is getting bigger and bigger. There are animation films which are on the rise. So we can see that a career in Game Designing or animation is really bright. Job chances are also very high depending on your skills and creativity. In addition, i have heard about a academy ims dia, it's situated in noida, delhi. this academy is providing 2d and 3d animation course based on computer. consider this academy and enlighten your future in animation field. also, this academy is conducting scholarship test on 4th june'11 at dia. clear the test and avail scholarship.
I am providing you a website where you can find more infomations, http://www.diaindia.co.in/, http://www.designinindia.net

thanks,
30th April 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

if we are not good at maths and still we have interest
in game designing than it is still important that physics and maths should be good for this field?????
16th January 2015, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce student.so is it advisable that i take game designing as a career optoin??
And what are its job opportunity and CTC for freshers??
25th April 2016, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I want to join game designing but game designing is best or not in India??? Scope is there or not???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?