24th June 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Difference between medical courses such as MD, M.Ch and MS in India? After MBBS can I be a GP?

can you please guide me the difference between medical courses such as MD,M.ch, and ms in India. I want to become General practioner for that which will suite me? After mbbs can i be a GP. now i just completed 12th standard?

Related Questions:
  1. Which books should I prefer to join MCH in neurosurgery directly after MBBS? How many seats are available for the same?
  2. Which are the courses other than MCH?
  3. Is MCH in Cadiovascular and Thoracic from BJ medical college Pune recognized by medical council of India
  4. Are MS ENT postgraduates eligible for Mch neurosurgery courses?
  5. Is MCH in Cardiovascular and Thoracic from BJ Medical College Pune recognized by medical council of India?
  6. List of PG courses which providing practice opportunities in India and abroad after MBBS?
  7. List of Medical courses other than MBBS offered in AIIMS? Can I get admission easily for other Medical courses in AIIMS?
  8. List of private medical colleges in India having minimum fee structure for MBBS courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Syllabus of MCH exam of Maharashtra?
  10. What are the opportunities in the field of nanotechnology after doing MBBS?
  11. Books to be referred to get into MCH Surgical Oncology and MCH Gastro
  12. What can I do after passing 12th with 50%?
  13. Age limit for DM/MCH entrance exam in UP and other state medical colleges?
  14. List of MCI approved colleges in China and their fee structure?
  15. Whether Medical Council of India cancelled recognition of all Medical courses for Indian students in Abroad? -- [New]
  16. Which are the PG courses in other countries after finishing MBBS course in Ukraine?
  17. Career options after MBBS? Steps to be taken for preparation? What are the various steps after MBBS in India and outside India?
  18. Am i eligible for joining PG Medical courses in M.P. after doing MBBS from Bangalore? My family belongs to M.P.
27th October 2011, 10:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between medical courses such as MD, M.Ch and MS in India? After MBBS can I be a GP?

MD is a post graduate degree after MBBS in the field of medicine. MS is a post graduate degree in the field of surgery after MBBS. MCh is a super speciality course in surgery. MCh can be done as a 5-year course after MBBS or a 3 year course after MS. You can definitely become a GP after MBBS.
3rd November 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between medical courses such as MD, M.Ch and MS in India? After MBBS can I be a GP?

what is the duration foe M.ch in cardio-vascular surgery after mbbs
1st January 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

after doing ms surgery in india can i move to england for further study and permanent residence......and i have to clear ielets and PLAB exam
2nd September 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

what is mch ,D.G.O.?
15th September 2012, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

There is hardly any Dr. who writes DNB.They write only MD/MS.Then what is the use of doing DNB?
25th May 2014, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

How much does the cours of md or ms take after mbbs?
Is md and ms stands for same purpus?
Which subject to study more among physics, chemistry and biology?
6th May 2017, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

To become a GP in neurosurgery (neurosurgeon) in one will do MBBS followed by MS. Neurosurgery. But my question is that is it a must for one to do M.ch neurosurgery or super specialty program to become a Neurosurgeon.
29th May 2018, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

After MS or MD people has to have three year working experience for working as GP in UAE. Please let me know if one goes for Mch this three year experience for working as GP is necessary ?
17th April 2019, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is hardly any Dr. who writes DNB.They write only MD/MS.Then what is the use of doing DNB?
The exam. Is Diplomat in National Board exam entrance test to qualify for Post graduate course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?