5th September 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to qualify in NET Exam to join Ph.D course after completion of M.Phil course?

i have completed mphil and want to do phd . For phd do i have to pass net

6th September 2012, 05:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to qualify in NET Exam to join Ph.D course after completion of M.Phil course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you want to do P.hd courses in future from the top Government colleges then you have to cracked the net examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, twice in a year to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course from a recognised Board and must have scored minimum 55% marks in your post graduation.

This examination is conducted for the recruitment of Lectureship or Junior Research fellowship Post.

There is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post, But you have to attained the age of 19 years to apply for this examination.

For JRF, your age should not be more than 28 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved category.

The examination is conducted in June and December every year, There are 3 Papers in NET and you have to cracked each papers individually. All the papers is objective with no negative marking.

You have to choose the subjects in NET on the basis of your post graduation, the syllabus and previous papers you can download from the official website. The notification of December NET will be published soon in October. For more details about NET please check official website:

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
6th September 2012, 05:28 PM
being aman

Default Re: Do I need to qualify in NET Exam to join Ph.D course after completion of M.Phil course?

That is not necessary that you need to crack NET for doing a PhD,basically NET is for lectureship and fellowship for pursuing PhD.
Advantages of clearing a NET exam is that you have a fellowship to pursue PHD
There are exams conducted by most of universities themselves for admission in to there PhD courses.
As you are M.Phil you can also apply directly to various PhD and JRF openings
12th September 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

If anyone gets into Phd without cracking Net-JRF then isn't he eligible to any fellowship for doing phd?
22nd September 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

one information i received just b4 2 days, that NET qualify is a compulsion to take admission in PhD, please reconfirm me, is it right information or wrong?
27th March 2013, 09:53 PM
omu204

Quote:
either you should qualify NET or you should qualify RET conducted that university in which you wish to join ph.d different. If you may qualify RET then you may join ph.d without NET.
28th March 2013, 09:23 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
one information i received just b4 2 days, that NET qualify is a compulsion to take admission in PhD, please reconfirm me, is it right information or wrong?
PHD selection procedure consists of the below steps:
>> Advertisement issued by universities for doing PHD
>> the first stage of the selection procedure is written tests
>> The candidates who clears the written tests are called for the Interviews

Now if the candidates have cleared the NET/SET exams , he will not have to give the written test.
He will directly face the interview

NET exams is conducted by UGC.
If you clear the NET exams you become eligible to apply for the Asst Professor Posts in Colleges.

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
14th June 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

can a post graduate in meteorology do mphil in environmental science?
30th June 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

i qualified csir ugc net exam in lectureship because of age my rank is 69 in pgysics can i get phd admission without written test
18th August 2013, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Can i got admission for phd in education in jnu if o qulify net jrf
10th December 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission for phd in computer science under lecturership.
28th May 2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I've qualified NET in English. In M.A I got 53% mark, Category- S.C. From where can I do the Ph.D & how?
16th June 2014, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

i am student of Mcom final year ,from kuk university .After completing my Mcom, i want to know either it is complusory to do Mphil or directly i can join phd . give me details of joining the phd without entance and how much eligiblity will be required for this .plz give me all the details .
3rd October 2014, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

i have passed p.G Economics with 53 percen mars .and i am in general catagary but i want do ph.d what it is possable please suggest me r.k
19th June 2015, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

I want to doing phd.in computer science..but i not clear net or gate....
20th May 2016, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

My name is Sasikala ,I am waiting for my M.com result,Am interested to do Phd course,Is their any written exam ,Will u please help me in this regards
20th April 2019, 01:07 AM
parvathyravi
Junior Member+

PhD stands for Doctorate of Philosophy.It is the highest degree that a student can achieve. For doing PhD you need a masters degree with minimum of 55% marks from any recognised university .MPhil and NET are additional qualifications. If you clear JRF, UGC will provide financial assistance for completing your course. Usually regular PhD takes 3 to 5 year to complete.
.In most of the universities students have to go through entrance exam and personal interview. It is better to have a research proposal before going for the interview. Admission procedure varies from university to university so you can better visit their websites for more updates. If you are able to find out a guide before the admission, he/she can help you in identifying you area of interest . More than anything you should have a passion for this subject. Because in PhD you are examining and analyzing a specific topic in detail
NET is not compulsory. But in some institution you will get exemption from entrance if you have NET. Similarly if you qualified Mphil degree you can finish your phd work without doing course work again
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?