28th July 2018, 01:52 PM
DishaPan70

Does Banaras Hindu University offers PhD(Sanskrit Literature) with Stipend?

Dear friends, I have done MPhil in Sanskrit Literature. I want to do PhD in same stream but with stipend. So, I would like to know that Banaras Hindu University provides this PhD with Stipend or not? Kindly tell me about this immediately.

31st July 2018, 08:06 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Banaras Hindu University offers PhD(Sanskrit Literature) with Stipend?

Yes, I will be happy more than you to help you. Banaras Hindu University offers Ph.D programmes in various streams like Arts, Science, Social Science , Commerce etc.. BHU offers Ph.D programme in Sanskrit Literature and they also give stipends to meritorious students.

Candidates should crack the BHU Research Eligibility Test(RET) examination to get a seat of the desired Ph.D programme. They can also get direct admissions if they have cracked NET, GATE or equivalent exams. Subject to the availability of fellowships, the Ph. D. candidates, who are admitted as full-time research scholars through RET would be entitled to BHU Research fellowship of such amount as may be decided by the Institute/Faculty/University and/or directed by the UGC/MHRD/Government of India from time to time. This award shall be strictly subject to the fulfilment of all the conditions governing such awards.

*** Check the attachment for further more details regarding Ph.D programmes in BHU.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf phd_ordinance.pdf(747.1 KB, 53 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?