6th June 2020, 09:12 PM
Nagprasad Pai

Which exam do would I have to write after B.Com to get job in Indian Railway?

Respected Sir/Madam,

My name is Nagprasad. Pai as I m a recent B.Com graduate from Jagadguru Gangadhar College of Commerce, Hubli. I am interested in Railway jobs for higher post. So, please inform me the exam form so that I will prepare myself for the exam and interview and I can get opportunity in Railway.

9th June 2020, 01:59 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam do would I have to write after B.Com to get job in Indian Railway?

--- After graduation, you can join the position of Station Master OR Ticket Collector.

--- Section Accountant is another job position suitable for Bcom graduates.

--- You can try for related job profiles in Indian Railways Accounts Service (IRAS).

--- You can also apply for Junior Stenographer or Clerical jobs.

--- Official website
http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/
10th June 2020, 08:20 PM
niketangurjar

Default Re: Which exam do would I have to write after B.Com to get job in Indian Railway?

To get a job in railway after completion of B.Com, the aspirant has to appear for the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) examination conducted for various posts like Assistant Station Master, Ticket Collector, Section Accountant, Goods Guard, Customer Relations Assistant, Commercial Clerk, Booking Clerk etc. For all the above posts you can apply with B.Com graduation. The advertisements for the job vacancies will be given in the Employment News paper and in the RRB Website. So after the notification, the candidate can apply for the post. There will be a written test and interview for the selection. If you clear then you will be selected. For that you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:

> Candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> Minimum age should be 18 years and should not exceed 30 years.

> Candidates who belongs to reserved category will get age relaxation. For SC/ST candidates it is 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years.

After completing B.Com you can apply for the following positions in the railway department:

> Sectional Officer.

> Clerk.

> Communication Clerk.

> Accountant.

> Assistant manager.

Since, you are a graduate in commerce field, so you can get jobs in railways mainly related to the accounting section, which are:

> Accountant.

> Divisional Accountant.

> Clerk, Sectional Officer.

> Stenographer, etc.

Jobs in railways are based on the performance in the RRB examination, so prepare well for the examination.
12th June 2020, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Like your post, you are interested in a higher post in the Indian railway department so as your qualification B.com degree you should try for UPSC (IAS) exam which offers you IRTS service (INDIAN RAILWAY TRAFFIC SERVICE grade A service) following are careers details-
1-As an officer at Secretary Level, the Traffic Department associated with the Railway Board will be managed by the IRTS officers.
Serve in the position of Directors in the Traffic, Commercial Operations, Planning Wings, and Passenger Management Units.
At the Zonal levels, IRTS officers serve in important positions such as Chief Operations Manager, Chief Commercial Manager.
2-For getting Grade B, C post(assistant station master, Ticket collector clerks) you can try for railway NTPC exam which will be held after lockdown that vacancy came in January 2019 .so you can expect next vacancy will come after two-three years in 2022-23.
In most of cases, Group C employees promoted to Group B posts in the railway department.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?