26th February 2018, 10:33 AM
Nikita Jeena

Exam to qualify after 12th to become a Veterinarian doctor in India and best college to pursue this course?

I am giving my 12th class board exam just now and I want to become a Veterinarian doctor in future. I would like to ask like after giving my board exam which test I have to qualify to take admission in Vet colleges and which are the best colleges in India to do Veterinarian course and to get a specialized degree?

28th February 2018, 04:06 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam to qualify after 12th to become a Veterinarian doctor in India and best college to pursue this course?

You have to pursue a Bachelor degree in Veterinary Science.
You must have completed intermediate having PCB as main subjects.

Admission process is done through national level entrance exams like- AIPVT, AICEE, NEET etc.

Candidates are required to pursue this course from any of the university which is recognized by Veterinary Council of India (VCI).

Some of the colleges are listed below:-
College of Veterinary Science, Hisar
Bihar Veterinary College, Patna
College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Maharashtra
Bombay Veterinary Science College
All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata
28th February 2018, 06:11 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam to qualify after 12th to become a Veterinarian doctor in India and best college to pursue this course?

You can qualify National Eligibility cum Entrance Test to get admission in top Veterinary college of India.

The best colleges are:

1. Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly.

2. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Animal and Veterinary Science.

3. College of Animal Veterinary science and animal Husbandry.

4. Bihar Veterinary College.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?