31st July 2011, 08:45 PM
aswathy k prasad

Which Government Jobs can an IT Engineer apply for? Pay scale for these jobs?

which type of goverment jobs can an IT engineer apply for? also tell me the pay scale that will be offered for the candidates through these jobs.

7th August 2011, 08:30 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which Government Jobs can an IT Engineer apply for? Pay scale for these jobs?

There are various Government sectors which you can apply for mainly:-
Industrial sector, Banking sector, Defense Sector, Railways,.etc

Some of the core companies from Industrial sector which hire IT sector graduates are:-
ISRO, DRDO, BSNL, HAL, BEL, NTPC, SAIL, GAIL,.etc
To get a complete list of PSU's then you can go through the following link

http://www.india.gov.in/citizen/PSU.php

Some of the main Board's which conducts entrance exam for entering into Railway and Defense sector are UPSC, PSC and SSC.These Board's conducts various exams for graduates.You can get the notifications regarding the recruitment in the "Employment News" else you can visit the official sites of the Board's.

UPSC-Click here
SSC-Click here

For IT stream ,jobs in Private sector companies are in demand compared to the Government sector.Only a few Government companies recruit IT professionals hence please go through the Employment news weekly so that you can get any sort of information regarding Government sector jobs.
7th August 2011, 09:26 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Government Jobs can an IT Engineer apply for? Pay scale for these jobs?

hi dear
there are some government post where you can apply like.......
*The candidates can apply for nationalized bank for po post, railway, nda, Indian air force,
etc....
there are some core companies from industrial sector where you can apply like.
[B][B][I]isro
drdo
bsnl
ntpc
nalco
sail
gail

in gov . sector this exam is conducted by upsc or ssc s., for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.......
7th August 2011, 10:45 AM
rana2011
Banned

There are various Government and Central govt. sectors in which you can apply like:-

**Industrial sector.
**Banking sector.
**Defense Sector.
**Railways,..etc...

Some of the Core Companies from Industrial sector such as:-

**ISRO
**DRDO
**BSNL
**HAL
**BEL
**NTPC
**SAIL
**GAIL..etc...
To get a complete information about PSU's then you can visit :-

But it is difficult to tell about salari because it differ from company to company.

Thanks!
7th August 2011, 11:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswathy k prasad View Post
which type of goverment jobs can an IT engineer apply for? also tell me the pay scale that will be offered for the candidates through these jobs.
dear friend,

you have just completed b-tech in information and technology. after completion of b-tech courses you are eligible for govt and private jobs.
the govt job for b-tech information and technology . the govt jobs are given below-

1)BSNL
2)DRDO
3)ISRO
4)IOCL
5)RAILWAY
6)BARC
7)DEFENSE JOB
8)UPSC EXAM
etc

also you are applicable for private sector jobs are-
1)TCS
2)CTS
3)IBM
4)L&T
5)HP
6)CAPGEMINI
etc

all the best
7th August 2011, 01:07 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

IT Engineer can apply formany jobs in gvt sector.

some of them are given below

1.SAIL.

2.railway.

3.JTO.

4.bANK PO..

5.ONGC.

6.Indian army.

7.Airport authority of india.

8.ISRO

ETC.

all the best...........
7th August 2011, 02:04 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswathy k prasad View Post
there are lots of government sectors in which you can apply for say like

ISRO,BSNL,NTPC and lots more and there pay scale is far more good around 30k-40k and it will be increasing according to the progress...........

you can apply for railways also and income tax department and lots more........
7th August 2011, 03:25 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Some of the government post you can apply:

SAIL
DRDO
ISRO
IAS
IPS
BSNL
BANK PO's
7th August 2011, 09:48 PM
sg1991

There are some Govt. jobs for IT graduates. Generally IT graduates are hired as computer operator, data entry operator, web designer etc. Today every Govt. institution provides its information and notifications online on its website. Thus they need IT engineers to manage their website related operations.

Some prominent public sector areas where IT engineers are employed-

* BSNL
* VSNL
* MTNL
* NREGA

It is difficult to tell the salary. It varies from company to company.
15th August 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Electrical Engineer Career Path
18th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

what are the oppurtunities in airline authority fo an
IT engineer?
5th October 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

my self daljeet singh i am 2 arts with 60%, i.t.i (computer operator programmer asisstant) with86% , currently doing I.T engg.diploma from polytechnic college .
my age 20. can i join the indian navy in anny field.
5th October 2011, 11:10 PM
Priyanka Chiraniya

Electrical enginnering is an ever green branch so there are lot of options for an electrical engineer like:
1)You can go in to goverment sector by applying for IES which is generally available for only four deparments like electrical,electronics,civil,mechanical.

2)You can also sit for many PSU's like BARC,NTPC,NPCIL,ONGC,etc.

3)You can also apply for written test of JINDAL or can also be recruited by private company like TATA POWER,MONET,etc.

Best wishes.
6th October 2011, 03:11 AM
shrijan00

hy,
There are various Government sectors which you can apply for mainly:-
Industrial sector, Banking sector, Defense Sector, Railways,.etc

Some of the core companies from Industrial sector which hire IT sector graduates are:-

AT the beginning you will get around 5-6 lakhs per annum...but as your working experience will increase it will followed by your increase in your salary.
23rd February 2012, 10:38 AM
drurv

Some of the main Board's which conducts entrance exam for entering into Railway and Defense sector are UPSC, PSC and SSC.These Board's conducts various exams for graduates.You can get the notifications regarding the recruitment in the "Employment News" else you can visit the official sites of the Board's.
23rd February 2012, 01:36 PM
drurv

31st October 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

pls tell how IT Engineer apply for IAS,IPS??????????
19th December 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

What is job of it engineer in bsnl ? and how to apply.
8th March 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

HI,
"Someone give me right way"
I completed Degree with 55% in IT engg.
I belonging to ST category
SAP,CDAC,Network Admin,progrmming language -Certification OR MBA System for PG
Which of the above is best for me
I want to work only in technical field
Please suggest me............
21st October 2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

for mechanical eng students
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?