26th July 2011, 09:20 PM
p prasanthi

Which is having best career between B-Pharamcy and Pharma-D?

what is the best either b pharmacy or pharma d. So that i am going to choose the best one.

27th July 2011, 09:59 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is having best career between B-Pharamcy and Pharma-D?

Both D-Pharmacy and B-Pharmacy courses are having good careers. But D-Pharmacy is a Diploma course and B-Pharmacy is a Bachelors course.

Soon after the completion of D-Pharmacy the candidates will go for B-Pharmacy and then to M-Pharmacy. But B-Pharmacy candidates directly go to M-Pharmacy.

The duration of D-Pharmacy course is just 2 years and for these candidates the duration of B-Pharmacy is 3 years. These candidates will join as lateral entry scheme.

Hence it will take 5 years for these candidates to complete B-Pharmacy. But the advantage what they get is they are going to get a diploma certificate.

For the candidates who directly join B-Pharmacy without opting for D-Pharmacy, for them the duration of B-Pharmacy course is just 4 years.

To get good job through Pharmacy related courses, one need to have minimum B-Pharmacy and practical knowledge of various aspects during the B-Pharmacy study.

These people are going to get job opportunities in various Pharmaceutical and Bio tech companies.

So, B-Pharmacy is better than D-Pharmacy in terms of job opportunities and good career growth. Try to secure good rank in the entrance exam which will let you to get admission into B-Pharmacy course.
27th July 2011, 10:58 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
Both are very good course,
but B.pharma is the Bachelor course
but D.phrma is the diploma course

So B.pharm is better than D.pharm...............
27th July 2011, 11:41 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, B-Pharmacy is the bachelor in pharmacy. that is a graduation course.

where as D-Pharmacy is the Diploma in pharmacy course.it is equivalent to 12th.

so definitely after doing B-Pharmacy you will be get a career opportunity compare to Diploma in pharmacy course.

after P.Pharm you can do a good job as well as you can go for the higher study.

all the best..................
27th July 2011, 12:50 PM
rana2011
Banned

If you tell about career in your feature life in my opinion both B-Pharmacy and D-Pharmacy courses have good careers.
But if you do the valuation of course then D-Pharmacy is a Diploma course but B-Pharmacy is a Bachelors course.

You may go for B-Pharmacy after the completion of D-Pharmacy and than to M-Pharmacy. But if you take admission at B-Pharmacy then you directly go to M-Pharmacy.

The duration of D-Pharmacy course is just 2 years and for these candidates the duration of B-Pharmacy is 3 years.So to take direct admission at B.Pharma you will save 1year.

To get good job through Pharmacy related courses, one need to have minimum B-Pharmacy and practical knowledge of various aspects during the B-Pharmacy study.

So, B-Pharmacy is some of better than D-Pharmacy in terms of job opportunities and good career growth.

Best of luck!
27th July 2011, 05:02 PM
k.a.s.raghava

pharmacy is very well developed in india and you will have good opportunities in india
i hope both b.pharm and pharma D IS BETTER BUT it is better to do b.pharm because in india we have a plenty of jobs by doing b.pharm and m.pharm than pharma D. pharma.D is not developed in india and in my view this course have a good opportunities in other countries
27th July 2011, 08:05 PM
kunjeyan5282

B-Pharma is good as it has more value than D-Pharma .Boys go for M-Pharma after B-Pharma as M-Pharma requires bachelor degree.
Jobs opportunities in various Pharmaceutical and Bio tech companies is more after B-PHARMA than D-Pharma.So go with the B-Pharma which is demanding one.
1st December 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it wright to join pharm D after B. Pharmacy?
20th December 2011, 08:23 PM
abha_neha89

Smile Re: Which is having best career between B-Pharamcy and Pharma-D?

[QUOTE=solution;967609]hello dear

see, B-Pharmacy is the bachelor in pharmacy. that is a graduation course.

where as pharma -D is the course which done after doing B.Pharma it is the docterate post graduation course after b. pharma n d- pharma is diploma in pharmacy which ic done after 10+2 . there is great difference between d-pharma and pharma-D
ok dear
20th December 2011, 08:44 PM
abha_neha89

hi srry im nt agree with the above replies coz the qsn was- which is the best carrer btwn B.Pharma n Pharma.D?
as it was Pharma-D n not D.Pharma let me first clear u the difference between d.pharma n pharma.d
D.Pharma - diploma in pharmacy which is done after 10+2
n Pharma.D- It is the docterate post graduation course in pharmacy which is done after doing bacholer's degree in pharmacy ie B.Pharma

scope of pharma.D is great in foreign countries bt nt too much in india
8th January 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

SIR ,i comlete diploma in pharmacy(D-PHARMACY) , i want to know that in which department i can
apply for job specially in govt. sector ...................
9th January 2012, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i completed bsc.botany.can i join to company secratary course?when in 2012?
3rd February 2012, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

what is the oppertunity after docter in pharmacy in india?
can it do after b.pharm? How much time it will take?
Which is having best career between B-Pharamcy and docter in pharmacy in veiw of india?
7th February 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the fee of d farmacy govt colleges and wheare is govt collegs in medak and give that address
7th February 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the fee of d farmacy govt colleges and wheare is govt collegs in medak and give that address
7th February 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

After 10 2 science i compleat d.pharmacy in ayurveda so sir when i learn b.a.m.s. Course.&but whay i admison 2nd year in b.a.m.s After d.pharma cour
31st May 2012, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

friends pleas not that D.pharm and Pharm.D are different
D.Pharm- diploma in pharmacy
Pharm.D- doctarate in pharmacy
Mind it first and reply.............
Pharm.D is 6 yrs integrated program. and it have more than chance than B.Pharm(VERY HIGH OPPURTUNITIES THAN B.Pharm).
17th August 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

which is having best career between B-PHARM AND M-PHARM?
8th December 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

is pharm-d is right option after b-pharm
27th May 2013, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

HI,MY DOUGHTER WANT TO STUDY PHARM STUDY 6 YEARS COURSE IS IT WORTHY COURSE OR NOT
28th June 2013, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between b.pharmacy and ayurvedic pharmacy?
19th September 2013, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

best carrer option is it b.pharma or pharm.d for earning good scope in ap?????????????????????
7th October 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Red face Re: Which is having best career between B-Pharamcy and Pharma-D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p prasanthi View Post
what is the best either b pharmacy or pharma d. So that i am going to choose the best one.
pharm d is the Better option in future.it is a doctoral course. U can study pharm D for 3 yes aftr b.pharm or U can join it aftr 12 science for 6 years. Plus dnt confuse d.pharm n pharm D.ok
1st April 2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage is required in 12th for B.pharm and which college is good for me?
2nd April 2014, 11:32 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

D-Pharmacy stands for Diploma in Pharmacy. The duration of this course is for 2 years.

B-Pharmacy stands for Bachelor of Pharmacy. The duration of this course is for 4 years.

Both these courses are being offered by good number of Pharmacy colleges in India.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to join both these courses is by completion of 12th class with life science subjects like
Botany
Zoology etc.

The candidates can also join B-Pharmacy course after completion of D-Pharmacy course through lateral entry scheme. In this method, the candidates will be given admission for 2nd year of B-Pharmacy course.

As per the career scope,

Definitely B-Pharmacy candidates will get advantage over D-Pharmacy candidates at the time of job opportunities.

B-Pharmacy candidates will be given better salaries than D-Pharmacy candidates and not only that, the job level is also somewhat high for B-Pharmacy candidates.

Pharmacy candidates will be given job opportunities in
Pharmaceutical Companies
Biotech Companies
Chemical Companies
Drug Designing companies
Hospitals etc.

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification. If you possess the above mentioned criteria, then you can apply for the course as per your interest.

Wish you all the best.
3rd April 2014, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how much percentage is required in 12th for B.pharm and which college is good for me?
in +2 60% above if u want to admission in govt. collages and university.and clear entrance exam...
2nd May 2014, 08:30 PM
aradhya123

if u want to work in india.u can choose b pharm..otherwise pharm d is the best..
27th May 2015, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is dev Kumar. I have done b.c.a in this year 2015. I want to go pharmacy. Which course will I select b pharma or d pharma. I have already degree of bca. I want to do d.pharma. d. Pharmacy b.c.a is best for me than b.pharma.? Tell me sir plz. I can't want to do b. Pharmacy bcz I have already degree of bca?
14th June 2016, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Which is best either bpharm or pharmd?? Can i do pharmd after completing bpharm or i go to pharmd ???which of the pharm have best scope in india or in abroad
2nd January 2017, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Any examples of students who are doing well professionally after doing Pharma D (Not D.pharma) ?
4th April 2017, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I am totally confused in D pharmacy and B Pharmacy? I want to take information about their jobs without confusion?
5th May 2018, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

B PHARM BETTER THAN PHARM D.
BECAUSE PHARM D IS "DOCTORATE COURSE.
IN 6 YEARS.

MAINLY you complite 1st year then study in 2nd year YOU HAVE BEEN WORK IN MEDICAL BECAUSE HERE SYLLABUS ATTACHED.
SO COMPLEATE THE COURSE THEN YOU HAVE USE PREFIX "Dr"
YOU KNOW B PHARM & M PHARM HAVE NOT MEDICAL INERSHIP.
16th November 2018, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

If You wanna get job in abroad (othr than gulf contries) its better pursue pharmD rather than Bpharm. pharm D is the minimum qualification to practice there as pharmacist in european countries
The average salary of pharmD graduate is from $90,000 - $1,40,000 per year … ie, upto 1 crore per year
but In india pharmD is not widely accepted. therefore scope of pharmD is less in India !
19th June 2019, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Which is better? B pharmacy or pharma D kindly explain in detail.
21st August 2019, 11:49 PM
dheeru.9421

B.Pharm is a 4 year undergraduate course while Pharm D is a 6 years Post graduation programme. You can directly pursue Pharm-D programme.
If you opt to pursue Pharm D after passing B.Pharm, then it is a 3 years Pharm-D Post Baccalaureate.
Both the courses are good but Pharm-D course is much more focused on clinical practice. After Pharm-D you can work in hospital settings, clinical resarch organisations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?