7th March 2019, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

How about changing from CBSE Board to State Board? What is valuation of CBSE Board?

My child scoring less marks in Science subjects and Mathematics. So, now I want to shift her in State Board from CBSE Board. Please guide on this. Or, is it better to stay under CBSE curriculum?

14th March 2019, 07:22 AM
S.Panicker

Default Re: How about changing from CBSE Board to State Board? What is valuation of CBSE Board?

First find out your child's interest and check if there is any way you could help her. Do try Vedantu.com to give your daughter extra coaching which is online. Those teachers do an excellent job of clearing doubts.
There is no harm in shifting her to a State Board, the marking scheme is easier and it will be easier for your child to score in a State Board. However remember if she is still in school she will have to take the local language of the state as a compulsory subject. If she has not done this language from childhood then that will be a very tough area to score marks.
Do weigh the pros and cons before taking a decision.
14th March 2019, 01:20 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about changing from CBSE Board to State Board? What is valuation of CBSE Board?

Changing board will not solve your problem. You need to give more focus on your child in her studies. Try to clear her doubts, give attention to the subjects she is not understanding. As once she clear her 12th, she will surrounded by the candidates of all board and state in the competition like Medical or engineering entrance exams. The course is more or less similar to state board. As CBSE only focuses on getting more marks. However, when it comes to clear any state level examination, your state board is going to help her a lot. While, if she is studying in CBSE board, then she needs to take coaching etc for clearing her entrance exam. Try to make her basics clear, take any help that can help her.
Last but not the least nobody asks about your board, once you clear your competition and is all doing good.
15th March 2019, 07:05 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I dont think the marks will improve not by changing the board but only after doing better preparation for the examination.

So, you need to do better preparation to score better.

But, if you are not comfortable with board you can change the board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?