28th February 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

How can i apply for IPS test after graduation? I have completed degree in Karnataka University

after graduation i want to apply IPS test if i complete my degree in karnataka university is it valid for this test.

20th July 2013, 08:03 PM
whiteblossom

Default Re: How can i apply for IPS test after graduation? I have completed degree in Karnataka University

[COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Hello,

The IPS test is conducted by UPSC.

The candidates all over India can apply for this exam .

The minimum educational qualification for this exam is graduation in any discipline from any recognised university

Eligibility

1. Nationality

• For Indian Administrative Service, a candidate should be a citizen of India.
• For Indian Foreign Service and other services, a candidate should be one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01/01/1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India (detailed list of countries available

on official website)

2. Age Limit
• A candidate must be atleast 21 years of age and less than 30 years of age as on the date mentioned under the UPSC examination notification.
• The upper age limit is relaxed upto a maximum of :

Category Age Relaxation (years)
SC / ST 5

OBC 3

Defense Services
personnel 3

Domiciled in J&K
during the period
01/01/1980 - 31/12/1989 5
OLOR]
20th July 2013, 11:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i apply for IPS test after graduation? I have completed degree in Karnataka University

Karnataka University is a recognized University and Graduation from it'll undoubtedly cause you to become eligible for IPS examination that is conducted by UPSC.

Also you have got to satisfy different eligibility criteria to become eligible for Civil Services examination.

Age Limit :

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

Mode of Selection :

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test and Interview

You must prepare sincerely and apply because attempts are restricted for General(4) and OBC (7) categories.

Although SC/ST category haven't got any restrictions in terms of making an attempt.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2013, 12:11 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after graduation i want to apply IPS test if i complete my degree in karnataka university is it valid for this test.
YES, you can apply for this exams after completing your Graduation

If you want to become an IPS officer than in that case you have to give the Civil Services Exams conducted by UPSC

This exam is held for 24 posts and these are IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc

Educatiional qualifications required is:
Graduation pass in any stream
No minimum marks required in graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum -30 years for all the General category candidates
Maximum 33 years for the OBC candidates
Maximum 35 years for the SC/ST candidates

Attempts-
General candidates- 4
OBC candidates -7
SC/ST candidates- No such restrictions

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview
21st July 2013, 06:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should have possessed minimum prescribed Physical Requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:-General/OBC male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:-Male-84cm while Female-79cm with expassion of 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th November 2013, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

How many posts are there under general n
27th April 2014, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Sir am doing G.n.m nursing,am also done b.a graduate.can i apply for this test.
29th January 2015, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I serving in army from the past 8 yrs .i completed BSc in CBZ ,from kuvempu university directorate of distance education. Can I apply for IPS or IAS post .........pls tell me....... [email protected] 09449341030
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?